Arrow Arrow Season 6 Episode 1: "Fallout"

Great season premiere. Hopefully I'm not jinxing it by saying this but i think Arrow's finally found its groove and sticking to it and I think we all have Amell to thank for steering the show back on track.

Little things I wanna mention: did anyone else notice the camera work in this show has vastly improved? I'm noticing a lot more long takes in action sequences and just in general. The show is still no Daredevil in terms of action but they're putting much more noticeable effort into it lately.

Some of you guys mentioned it but I'm sensing somethings gonna happen between Diggle and Dinah, they seem to be a little too close or I wonder if we're just seeing something thats not there. On the one hand it'd be an interesting angle to explore, but then on the other seeing Diggle cheat on Lyla would really taint his caharcter since he's one of the more likeable altrusitic characters on this show.

Arrow is on now at 9pm!!

I wonder if this Dinah Drake is the long-lost sister of both Dinah Laurel and Sara Lance.

Don't care! I'm watching Orville :woot:

Ollie going have to wait until today and then I will watch it

Give it a solid meh. The news at the end was so stupid, it's season 5 and he's on his 3rd "arrow" identity already, so what's going to be the 4th? "I am The Emerald Archer!".

Also now it seems like instead of flash backs to 5 years ago they'll just flash back to 5 months ago.

Was really hoping they'd use Lian Yu to clean up some clutter, Wild Dog, Diggle(Yes, I said it, Diggle!), Thea, Felicity, even new Black Canary and leave room to reform Black Siren. Mr Terrific should be better than Felicity at well, everything, cause he's Mr Terrific.

Was even hoping the bunker would get wiped out by the explosives and he could go to a skyscraper penthouse loft.

The lack of arrow using still bugs me, he fires like 1 arrow when saving Diggle, the grapple one to pull the guy away, then kick/punches everyone else. He should've been able to pin every guy with an arrow in like 10 seconds and called it good.

It just seems like they're looking at what worked in season 1 and 2, and going back to that instead of trying to clean house a little and start fresh like the Flash.

Thea in a coma-lame.

Look I'm fine with the "Slade redemption" thing, but it is kind of weird that he's just casually strolling around hospitals. Like isn't he still wanted for Moira's murder/Thea's kidnapping or something?

Samantha, you died as you lived, stupid and useless.

So Nyssa and Evelyn's fates are still up in the air it would seem?

All in all, meh.

Thea in a coma-lame.

Look I'm fine with the "Slade redemption" thing, but it is kind of weird that he's just casually strolling around hospitals. Like isn't he still wanted for Moira's murder/Thea's kidnapping or something?

Samantha, you died as you lived, stupid and useless.

So Nyssa and Evelyn's fates are still up in the air it would seem?

All in all, meh.

Yeah, I didn't like Thea being in a coma because it's been done to death already. Thea is constantly in a state of near-death or comatose or some other serious injury, and it got old a long time ago. It gets tiresome and annoying.

As for Slade, I think he can pretty much come and go anywhere he pleases without being seen since he's basically a ninja with those skills of his.

Give it a solid meh. The news at the end was so stupid, it's season 5 and he's on his 3rd "arrow" identity already, so what's going to be the 4th? "I am The Emerald Archer!".

Also now it seems like instead of flash backs to 5 years ago they'll just flash back to 5 months ago.

Was really hoping they'd use Lian Yu to clean up some clutter, Wild Dog, Diggle(Yes, I said it, Diggle!), Thea, Felicity, even new Black Canary and leave room to reform Black Siren. Mr Terrific should be better than Felicity at well, everything, cause he's Mr Terrific.

Was even hoping the bunker would get wiped out by the explosives and he could go to a skyscraper penthouse loft.

The lack of arrow using still bugs me, he fires like 1 arrow when saving Diggle, the grapple one to pull the guy away, then kick/punches everyone else. He should've been able to pin every guy with an arrow in like 10 seconds and called it good.

It just seems like they're looking at what worked in season 1 and 2, and going back to that instead of trying to clean house a little and start fresh like the Flash.

Come on, were people actually expecting them to wipe out half the Arrow cast? I knew since the finale there'd be one, two casualties max. This is the not the kind of show that would go that morbid. Also, they're pushing Oliver towards being a happier, more optimistic hero, thats been his ongoing series arc. Imagine if they killed off all of his friends? He'd never get to that optimistic point, it'd be season 3 all over again. Lol

Last edited:
I knew they werent killing off anyone but I would've expected at least 1 big death from the main cast.

Yeah don't do a cliffhanger like that if THIS is all that's going to come out of it. Also I guess that Prometheus wasn't quite that master planner that he appeared to be.

I have to say the episode was underwhelming. On the plus side evil Laurel seems interesting on the downside not sure what is worse the resurrection of Olicity or Oliver/Kid drama(you know both of these things will suck the life out of many episodes)

I agree, I expected Thea dead at the very least, her character is boring now, and I swear shes done with the show.

I imagine they'll just have her show up for like 3 episodes this season.

Dinah is really well done, Black Siren really cool, glad they redeemed her as an actress, no where near as bad as the first 3 seasons we got of her.

Don't really know what to make of Lance's story arc, I feel its been the same one every season, with something wrong with his daughter. Not that it's not reflective of real life with some people never getting rid of a drinking problem, so I do at least hope they address that, and finish his story.

Ollie's Kid..is terribly written, they made him look 12-13, acts like hes 6. I also think they'll accept that Oliver is the Green Arrow now in public and I think it'll be interesting the next steps, I do wonder how many seasons they do plan on running with Arrow.

I wanted that as well.

Arrow's side characters drag the show down.

I never wanted them to kill off Diggle because I think he's a real asset to the show. I think he's been an asset from the very beginning and it would feel cheap to just kill him off.

If the show was going to kill off one member of Team Arrow in the Lian Yu explosion, I thought it would be Rene/Wild Dog. He's a big enough character that his death would have an impact, but not so big that his death would be a serious loss for the show.

So are we now going to get flashbacks to Lian Yu from 5 months ago? When they said they'd get rid of the flashbacks, they only seemed to really mean the ones from 5 years ago. What they really mean is no more distant past Lian Yu. By next season we'll get flashbacks to the events going on in the present in this season now.

I thought the season premiere was pretty strong although there are still some aspects of the direction I don't care for. I do like the use of the 5 month time jump to return to the status quo and the flashbacks may be the most interesting since season 2. I think Laurel has been much better as an alternate Earth villain than as the original version of the character and enjoy seeing the two Black Canaries battle. I'm also curious who the mystery person was that possibly resurrected her on the island. Great cliffhanger ending!

I didn't really have expectations so I found the episode to just be ok.

Had a feeling none of the main cast would die.

Wasn't feeling the Quentin or Diggle storylines. They feel off.

I really hope they don't do anything between Diggle and Dinah beyond friendship.

Oliver's son seems to act younger than he looks. Isn't he supposed to be younger anyway?

I thought the season premiere was pretty strong although there are still some aspects of the direction I don't care for. I do like the use of the 5 month time jump to return to the status quo and the flashbacks may be the most interesting since season 2. I think Laurel has been much better as an alternate Earth villain than as the original version of the character and enjoy seeing the two Black Canaries battle. I'm also curious who the mystery person was that possibly resurrected her on the island. Great cliffhanger ending!

Did someone bring Laurel back to life? I thought it was just someone who arrived and offered her a helping hand, but that she got up herself because she wasn't dead.

Some things I thought of...

Oliver knows how to fight again, the show is back with the action scenes it's known for.

Det. Lance seeing Siren as his Laurel was heartbreaking, I felt for him, I don't think he's going to turn against her like we are led to believe.

Black Canary 2.0 is fine, I'm not impressed by her character. Dinah is just OK, I feel like she's brought in to replace a mistake, reminding her once again there was no need to kill off Laurel. Those scenes with Det. Lance were weird, she'll never be close to him the way Laurel was.

Siren was the best part of the episode. Seeing what she has planned among all the destruction was great. She was seriously a badass in this.

Keep Felicity toned down, she's better this way.

Oliver with William was different to see, but I think Stephen was having fun with those scenes you could tell.

I loved the episode, great start to a better season to come.

Quentin turn against Siren or Siren turn against Quentin? Because he's already turned against her twice. I really do hope that at least her feelings for Quentin were genuine in 5x22.

Did someone bring Laurel back to life? I thought it was just someone who arrived and offered her a helping hand, but that she got up herself because she wasn't dead.

I wasn't quite sure if it was just that or if she started breathing again once the mystery person showed up.

I think Siren's feelings for Quentin are good. I mean, he hitted her on the head and shot her at the island, but when they were at the hall she said for him not to worry that much, that she would've done the same and just went away.

I thought it was a good episode but not great. Everyone surviving without any real explanation why, just that they dodge hundreds of bombs by running in a straight line was really lame.

Haven't we had enough deaths on Arrow already? In all seriousness. So I'm glad Thea's condition ended up not being death but in a coma. Malcolm already died anyways, and that was at the end of season 5. Why add to the "tragedy"? I wouldn't call that a tragedy, but I didn't think that was a wise choice to kill Malcolm off, because I was always entertained by having him around as one of Arrow's main rogues. Whether it involved him teaming with Green Arrow, or being against him.

I enjoyed this season premiere and looking forward to the next. Love the Slade is back. I couldn't be happier. Just seeing the two of them on screen, in those flashbacks, and in the present, at the hospital made me excited. The image of those two. They kind of became like the image of Batman and The Joker.

I know people may disagree, but you have to admit, Deathstroke is one of Green Arrow's greatest villains. Slade and The Dark Archer.

Season 4, I admit is where the series jumped the shark. You had a decent and intimidating villain, but the problem--he was more or less like Ras Al Ghul...or to some extent, and not that fresh of a new villain. There was no point in having Oliver And as for the finale, it was the same as season 3 almost. Albeit, Season 4 had a number of good episodes, but for me, it was really when they killed off yet another character for the sake of it, and for the sake of drama. Laurel Lance. I didn't see the need to kill her off at all. It didn't work. It stopped the story for me.

I'm not being completely insensitive to the idea of killing characters off, because it can move the story forward in a good way, but when they do it in a routine for like the 5th time, it's annoying.

I'm amazed at how after so much, they were actually able to hook up Oliver and Felicity back together again...but okay. As long as she isn't being b**chy which I don't like.

When season 5 started, I hated it and almost gave up watching. Good thing they got rid of...I don't remember his name. Was it Ragman? They had way too many new characters. The beginning consisted mostly of filler episodes. I hated all the new characters, and the direction it was going, because this all happened due to Laurel's death.

I admit though that I slowly grew to like Wild Dog. I had been expecting Mr. Terrific to suit up sooner in season 4, but he didn't. When he started out, I don't think they did a good job. They were both just costumed people with nothing special. After the 9th episode in season 5, I was like wow...then season 5 became one of the greatest seasons of Arrow. I'm glad I stayed tuned.

With Deathstroke back, I wonder where they're going to go with it. After killing Oliver's mother though, I can't see how Oliver would be friendly with him. I like seeing them be friends though regardless. Their friendship and history is what makes them so interesting.

So how does everyone think this Oliver's identity discovered thing will play out? Will it stay or will it go away? I know it happened in the comics. It's funny, this is the idea I was pitching for season 5.

While I kind of want to see them be enemies, I kind of want them to see them be acquaintances again.

I just got around to watching first episode.

I love Dinah.
I really don't like Renee. He needs to go, Hoss.
Black Siren was awesome.
Amell is, by all accounts, I committed family man irl, so I enjoyed the William interactions as they seemed very genuine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"