Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 8: "Invasion"

Slade W

Sidekick
Reaction score
S5 EPISODE 8 - Invasion

ARROW CELEBRATES 100 EPISODES; THE EPIC SUPERHERO CROSSOVER CONTINUES — Oliver (Stephen Amell) wakes up to a life where he never got on The Queen’s Gambit. Robert (guest star Jamey Sheridan) and Moira Queen (guest star Susanna Thompson) are alive and well. Laurel (guest star Katie Cassidy) is his loving fiancée and their wedding is imminent. Everything seems perfect, but Oliver starts to notice small imperfections that make him question this new reality. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and the recruits take on a new threat with help from The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin) and Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). James Bamford directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and written by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (ARW508). Original airdate 11/30/2016.

Even though Batman didn't do this first, the first half of this episode description reminds me of the Animated Series episode "Perchance to Dream" where the Mad Hatter creates the dream world where Bruce Wayne didn't become Batman.

It must be Arrow's version of the Superman story adapted in Supergirl of For The Man Who Has Everything.

Supergirl, Flash, Citizen Steel, Vixen, and Firestorm are likely the only ones who can take on the Dominators since they're alien/ metahumans.

It must be Arrow's version of the Superman story adapted in Supergirl of For The Man Who Has Everything.

Supergirl, Flash, Citizen Steel, Vixen, and Firestorm are likely the only ones who can take on the Dominators since they're alien/ metahumans.

They will find a way for Oliver to be able to fight the Dominators. I doubt he will be on the side-lines while the battle is taking place.

They will find a way for Oliver to be able to fight the Dominators. I doubt he will be on the side-lines while the battle is taking place.

If Hawkeye can fight the Chitauri and Ultron drones with a bow and arrow, then Oliver can definitely fight these naked aliens with a bow and arrow.

How many ways can the writers find for Oliver to end up rejecting Laurel? Lol. Back2basics for her.

How many ways can the writers find for Oliver to end up rejecting Laurel? Lol. Back2basics for her.

What do you mean? Oliver obviously has to reject this; it's fake! But at least it's kind of showing that in Oliver's "perfect" world, he'd be marrying Laurel. That is great, at least. They could show him marrying Felicity, through some kind of convoluted mess where he met her before the Queen's Gambit, or something. So we should be grateful, I guess, that they're at least giving her this much respect.

What do you mean? Oliver obviously has to reject this; it's fake! But at least it's kind of showing that in Oliver's "perfect" world, he'd be marrying Laurel. That is great, at least. They could show him marrying Felicity, through some kind of convoluted mess where he met her before the Queen's Gambit, or something. So we should be grateful, I guess, that they're at least giving her this much respect.

Not have it happen at all. This isn't a perfect world, it's just what would've happened if he never got on the boat, Oliver was cheating on Laurel constantly pre-boat so are we to assume that he grew to love her in every way possible or that he just settled for the white picket fence with the mistress on the side?

latest

The massive 3-issue miniseries from 1988 is collected for the first time! In this universe- spanning saga, the deadly but emotionless Dominators have come to Earth to wipe out the threat posed by metahumans. But what is the real reason for their attack?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion!_(DC_Comics)

Not have it happen at all. This isn't a perfect world, it's just what would've happened if he never got on the boat, Oliver was cheating on Laurel constantly pre-boat so are we to assume that he grew to love her in every way possible or that he just settled for the white picket fence with the mistress on the side?

Can't say for sure, because it hasn't aired yet.

but it's Oliver's perfect world. From his current perspective. He's living what his perfect life could have been had he not gotten on the boat. Not what Oliver 10 years ago would have considered the perfect life. But what current Oliver would find to be the perfect life.

Current Oliver wouldn't cheat on Laurel, so "dream-state Oliver" wouldn't cheat on Laurel.

If they were interested in slapping Canary in the face again, they'd have Oliver leave Laurel at the alter for Felicity. Which would be a nightmare.

I'm guessing while Oliver is living in an alternate reality created by the Dominators through mind-control, Flash and Supergirl will be working with Mr Terrific, Wild Dog, Ragman, and Artemis in dealing with the Dominators. This is where Wild Dog does not get along with both Flash and Supergirl because of having powers.

I wonder if a new Black Canary will emerge during the crossover.

Um, the description literally says "everything seems perfect." So yeah, it's his perfect world as to what Oliver's ideal world would have been if he hadn't gone on the boat. And remember, he cheating on her with Sara yet, he was just texting Sara about it; they hadn't actually physically cheated yet. So he had cheated with Samantha, once, but not with Sara. So at the time when he went on the boat, or didn't in this case, he wouldn't have been cheating on Laurel; their relationship would have been ideal.

‘Arrow’ Season 5: Oliver Gets Closure From
In 100th Episode
We won’t see Green Arrow on The CW until the week of the Invasion! crossover, which begins on Supergirl Nov. 28. Arrow’s crossover night also celebrates the 100th episode of the series and there’s going to be a handful of special guests, many of whom we haven’t seen since Arrow Season 1. This includes Oliver's parents, Moira and Robert Queen, as well as an appearance from Deathstroke and late Laurel Lance.
black-canary-arrow-1.jpg
Katie Cassidy in her Black Canary costume on 'Arrow'CW
These four characters are back because Oliver will wake up in an alternate timeline where the Queen’s Gambit never sank, according to the episode description. This means Oliver was never stuck on Lian Yu, never became a member of the Russian Mafia, and essentially everything we’ve seen in the flashbacks so far didn’t happen. Even though Oliver catches on and realizes something’s up, this time gives him a chance to get some closure with some very important people in his life.
“There [is] a very therapeutic moment for my character towards the end [of the Arrow episode] where I get to say goodbye to people that I never got the chance to say goodbye to,” Stephen Amell told TV Line.
Amell is most likely speaking of Laurel Lance, who revealed Oliver will always be the love of her life right before she died at the end of Season 4. Her death has made Oliver think twice about his legacy. He’s chosen to uphold Black Canary’s morals as a vigilante, vowing to fight in the name of justice, not revenge. Recently released photos from Arrow’s 100th episode reveal Oliver will get a glimpse of what could have been when he wakes in an alternate reality to his soon-to-be wife, Laurel.
oliverlaurelcrossover.jpg
The "Invasion! crossover. CW
Oliver may also get some closure with his father. A lot has happened since Robert Queen shot himself in the head on the raft to save Oliver’s life. A whole season was devoted to Robert Queen’s ‘list,’ but Oliver never had the chance to actually talk to his father about it. After spending the last five years protecting Star City in his father’s name, things could get emotional when the two come face to face.
Last month, series producer Marc Guggenheim described the moment in question as “Stephen Amell’s best performance” to date. “This one scene, that really has two moments within the one scene, will break your heart. It will take your heart, pull it out and stomp it on the floor,” he said.
ARROW CELEBRATES 100 EPISODES; THE EPIC SUPERHERO CROSSOVER CONTINUES — Oliver (Stephen Amell) wakes up to a life where he never got on The Queen’s Gambit. Robert (guest star Jamey Sheridan) and Moira Queen (guest star Susanna Thompson) are alive and well. Laurel (guest star Katie Cassidy) is his loving fiancée and their wedding is imminent. Everything seems perfect, but Oliver starts to notice small imperfections that make him question this new reality. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and the recruits take on a new threat with help from The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin) and Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist).
Arrow’s 100th episode airs on Wednesday, Nov. 30.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/arrow-season-5-oliver-gets-closure-spoiler-100th-episode-569854

Seeing Katie billed as a guest star....ouch. I miss my weekly Laurel fix.

I remember the first time I saw that picture of Laurel in the BC costume in late 2014 and how excited I was. I was a bit surprised they were doing it so soon though.

I was so excited and yet they let those dreams crash and burn REAL quick. She didn't even spend 1 full season as Black Canary.
CxypZ51XgAA7czO.jpg

It is a shame they couldn't get Manu back for this episode. He was probably busy. If there is anyone that deserves to be in the 100th episode it is him. 4 and a bit seasons in, and Slade is still regarded as the best villain. That says something, especially when you look at the quality villains the show has had, both in the present day, and on the island.

So, what Deathstroke won't have any speaking lines?

So, what Deathstroke won't have any speaking lines?

Probably not. I imagine it will be like his appearance last year in Episode 20 "Genesis", albeit probably longer. It would be a nice surprise of they actually got Manu, but that is very unlikely.

I wonder will they have Deathstroke interrupt Oliver and Laurels wedding like he did in the comics.

If Cisco is in the Arrow part of the crossover, that makes he, Supergirl, and Flash as the only ones who are in all four parts.

New trailer dropped and it looks like Sara is fighting Deathstroke.

[YT]0STqM3fjR24[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"