ASK MSJ (The Complete History)

Any idea what this movie will actually be rated?

I really don't know crap about Ghost Rider but its Marvel and I have strong faith in them so I'm going to go see this. plus, Nick Cage is awesome!

Damn I cannot wait for this movie. When I read his post, it just made me glad that he is working hard on this, and trying to make it true to the comic books to some exstent.

PG-13 in America, as far as I know. Probably a 12A in Britain.

:)

After that lackluster comic con footage, some of my faith in this project had been lost but leave it to MSJ to restore much of it. Thanks again for responding to us fans.

For the record, I always liked daredevil(both versions). I never saw why people hated it as much as they did.

One question I have is how heavily will the film be promoted and what kind of merchandising tie-ins will we see? Will we get action figures, bed sheets, party plates, etc.?

I'm telling you he's better than Brian Singer. He should of done Superman Returns!!!!

Thanks MSJ, you've made a fan out of me.....looks like I'll be adding this to the list of movies next year. :up:

If only more directors were as friendly as MSJ...

Darthkush said:
One question I have is how heavily will the film be promoted and what kind of merchandising tie-ins will we see? Will we get action figures, bed sheets, party plates, etc.?

from what i understand Sony wants to heavily promote the film as much as possible. there will be a full action figure line including a remote control Hellcycle and a deluxe 12" figure released under the Marvel Studios figure line (like the DD , Punisher and most recently Dr. Doom figure). also cant forget the video game as well.
im sure there will be more...

I must join everybody in thanking MSJ for dropping by and answering these questions.
I can't wait for the real trailer now ! :)

MSJ, it is so cool for you to talk to us fans. I bought DareDevil the Directors Cut and it is so great.

Love your work, can't wait to see what you do with Ghostrider, I have much faith in you.

From what I've heard it's going to be a masterpiece. :up:

Very cool of you to drop in and talk to teh fans MSJ. Your a good man. Take care of the GS for us.

Mr Nick said:
How cool does that jail cell bit sound? What a great idea. Can't wait to see it.

And I really like the idea of Johnny trying to gain control of what's inside him. Reminds me of Robocop, one of my all time favourites, which starts out with the machine imprisoning the man, but his humanity manages to win out in the end.

My excitement and confidence about the film just reached a new peak!!

That jail cell stuff sounds like it might be a highlight of the entire film. I'm betting it's trailer material. Forget Robocop, this sounds like what Hulk should've been like.

MSJ is an excellent film maker and seems to be a man with tremendous vision. I hope Marvel & Avi just locks him up with one Marvel project after the other for years to come. Give him Iron Man and then DD2 for his next two projects!

I had my doubts in MSJ after seeing the theatrical cut of Daredevil and asked myself ",how can you call yourself a fan of the comic and say you love it" after that was released. I kept my opinion to myself completely until i saw the director's cut which was incredible. Still had some flaws and wasn't 100% dead on but it did a better job portraying all the aspects of DD than it's theatrical predecessor. The Soundtrack for that was even cool, I mean you breanched out and used "Realease The Dogs" by BOYSETSFIRE who is a really amazing Hardcore (Hardcore in the sense of the music they play and feel is real and not what it's being considered today with tight jeans and black eye make-up) from Newark, Delaware and who I'm friends with.

Ghost rider is a character true to my heart and that I love as much as I love my Batman. So far the mini trailer looked awesome for something that wasn't even nearly a finished product. I just hope that your boss's let you put out the cut of the film that you feel is right and gives everyone the full story rather than bits and pieces of what the studio thinks the audience wants. You renewed my faith even if it means waiting til a director's cut for this, please just don't let me down after redeeming yourself!!

As far as the Soundtrack goes, I'm sure you got some good stuff lined-up. I talked to my boy Carl who runs Ferret Records from NEW JERSEY and we were chattin it up about comics, and he is hyped for this movie. He also just signed and released the new MADBALL records, "LEGACY". Now MADBALL has been around forever, they are the kings of New York Hardcore and know the deal on what's tough and what's straight up from the heart music. The new cd has a song that in My opinion can be one of the tracks on the soundtrack that fits the aspect of Johnny Blaze in the most blunt ways possible. HEAVEN - HELL. It's in the same vein as "Release The Dogs" by BOYSETSFIRE where the singing is real and not hard to understand. The lyrics are true and from his heart. Definitely check them out and you'll become a fan, even if not on the soundtrack, but you'll become a fan, guaranteed.

I know the perfect song for both the teaser trailer and the movie,

AC/DC Hell's Bells!

I can just see it now, too SWEEEEET!!!!!

"Back in Black" would work great

"Highway to Hell" would be another i'd like to hear in the soundtrack

Definitely the Rolling Stones "Sympathy For The Devil"

Some psychobilly rock might be cool too - maybe some Cramps songs like "Customised" and "Mean Machine" as they are real cool driving songs

Definitely some Link Wray instrumentals would rock too - they give a real southern/western vibe and are just timeless

At the end of the day as long as guys like Mark Steven Johnson, Sam Raimi, Robert Rodriguez, Chris Nolan and Guillermo Del Toro are out there looking out for us, the fans, in their work - the future of superhero/comic-to-film movies are assured

And i'm very impressed at the man himself stopping by to chat with us

What a legend:up: :up:

hmmm....im still a bit skeptical bout this movie but i will give msj the benefit of the doubt...i think im gonna have to see dd-dc..but like many other here i gonna have to give props and thnks to msj to actually come to this board and answer fans question...i wonder how elektra would have turn out if he went and directed it...probably a whole different movie than the one we got..but i never saw elektra..so idk....

He only produced elektra, He didnt direct so I wouldnt judge him by some directors crappy direction

What about the KISS songs king of the night time world or hotter than hell? I think either one of those would be a good fit.

Great Wolverine said:
hmmm....im still a bit skeptical bout this movie but i will give msj the benefit of the doubt...i think im gonna have to see dd-dc..but like many other here i gonna have to give props and thnks to msj to actually come to this board and answer fans question...i wonder how elektra would have turn out if he went and directed it...probably a whole different movie than the one we got..but i never saw elektra..so idk....

Trust me, you're lucky to not have seen it...

Ehhh. I watched Elektra and it was neither good or bad. It just should have never been made. I don't know if it is either the character or Jennifer Garner that made me feel that way but just skip a viewing Elektra.

That character is actually pretty cool... if they done her justice. It seems to me that they skipped all the cool stuff with her being an assasin and told the story of her coming out of that frame of mind. I would have preferred to see a story about her assasinhood, ya know?... and one without Jennifer Garner in the role.

FlameHead said:
That character is actually pretty cool... if they done her justice. It seems to me that they skipped all the cool stuff with her being an assasin and told the story of her coming out of that frame of mind. I would have preferred to see a story about her assasinhood, ya know?... and one without Jennifer Garner in the role.

Well I never really got into any Elektra comics...I just wasn't really interested. I know Jennifer Garner looks NOTHING like her but if the things in the movie were anything like the comic I don't know...just seems uninteresting to me.

Yeah, not being Greek really hinders Garner in the role. Sheesh. There's no getting her out of it now though. Her and Ben are workin on DareDevil 2 themselves, not that they're married and stuff they wanna work on the project together. Ahhh, how sweet...

FlameHead said:
Yeah, not being Greek really hinders Garner in the role. Sheesh. There's no getting her out of it now though. Her and Ben are workin on DareDevil 2 themselves, not that they're married and stuff they wanna work on the project together. Ahhh, how sweet...

Don't worry. The next Jennifer he works with will get rid of Garner. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"