Aspects of Smallville you feel improved the Mythology

It kind of happened by accident, due to the 'no tights no flights ' policy, but I like how there are other superheroes around before Clark , as in suited up with code-names, and he is reluctant to join in, unsure of himself and his destiny due to the problems his secret has caused him already.

It's a great way they set up the Justice League, very plausible way of coming together and operating, with the left wing Green Arrow putting together what could be considered an underground 'terrorist' group. The attack on Lex's factory was not unlike a group of animal rights protestors breaking in and freeing animals that are being experimented on.

I like that Lionel was brought into the fray & made more important than ever in the comics. The way they changed around Kryptonians by having them not be so perfect was cool as well. There were many more dysfunctional members of the House of El, which was cool.

I also like that Clark isn't giddy to save the world and what not, because that's really how it'd be in reality. I doubt anyone would just jump at the offer to save the world as soon as they get it.

Concerning villains, the single best changes thus far have been made to Bizarro & Doomsday. I like that Bizarro wasn't just an idiot with Superman's powers. There was much more to him this go around, and I'd like to see him like that in the comics as well. Changing Doomsday from a Space Hulk was also a cool idea, and makes the whole part of his evolution make more sense. Why not start him off as a man who evolves into a monster? To me that was a true stroke of genius.

i was wondering in the original comics/80s bryne reboot did they ever have actual names for lex's parents or were they just a mystery.

I'm not sure, I don't believe Lex's parents were given actual names until Smallville. I remember in the Superman movies he'd give a faint reference or two to his parents, quoting something his father had once told him, but that's about it.

yea i had a feeling it was that, i was just wondering from folks who know more comics info knew anything.

If you want to find out certain info, try wikipedia. I know it gets a lot of flak, but the comic info is generally right in most cases, and it's where I go a lot of the time.

yea i know, i am more a marvel comics reader and more so spidey as u can tell by my forum name. But love dc cartoons/tv shows/most films.

Honestly, I could never really choose between the two, because they both have so many amazing characters, and two of my favorite characters are from Marvel, while the other two are from DC.

In order:

1. Batman
2. The Hulk
3. Spider-Man
4. Superman

Yea i know both companies do have some great characters, but for me personally i read and like marvel characters more for the comics game. But lets get back on the topic of smallville.

I like the aspect of Lex & Clark being friends, it made the rivalry that much more bitter when they became enemies.

agree Lex and clark's freindhsip was one of the best thing on show

i also liked how this lex is not gimmickly villian he has kind of shakeshpearen tragedy to him

I also like that Clark isn't giddy to save the world and what not, because that's really how it'd be in reality. I doubt anyone would just jump at the offer to save the world as soon as they get it.

i totally agree

i liked that they didn't go that clark juts one day Choose toe save be good and heroic

in the show we know he has his reseaon why he will become superman and unlike in comics this superman has more complex backstory

i also liked how clark wants to lives Normal life but we all know someday he will sacfricise all of that to become superman

people these days want more tragic backstory to superheroes and i hope in new superman reboot they also make superman's backstory little bit more complex and i won't mind if they borrow some aspect of backstory from SV

One thing I want changed for the reboot is the look of Krypton, but taking certain elements like Lionel & Chloe being prominent characters would be kind of cool.

^^ if there is lex in next reboot i would like to see SV type lex not RD movies lex

also lionel would be nice addition but not sure about chloe though

i think shelby made an appearance in SR the dog didn't have any name so i assumed it was shelby who had grown old with martha :)

and agree on look of krypton enough with that Krystal planet even SV had similar Krystal planet

and frankly planet looks quite dull and boring with all those krystal palaces

they need to make krypton more epic with very cool looking buildings and technology and even FOS needs to be changed

When the reboot happens, they need to focus on making their own interpretation of Lex Luthor & the other characters, not copying what has already been done. The Smallville FOS & Krypton aren't going to change. If they did it'd be pointless. Also, why would you think Shelby is in SR if they are two completely different stories? He didn't grow old with Martha because it's not the same dog. In case you haven't noticed, SR Clark could fly when he was only 15, Smallville Clark is about 23 & can't fly.

^^ where did it say that in SR when clark was 15 he could fly

all i saw him was leap like SV clark and even in movies clark didn't fly when he was 30

remember he spent 12 years in FOS tranning and he started his trainning when he was 18

They didn't say it, they showed it. SR wasn't meant to be a sequel to the Donner movies, per se, it just was meant to take elements. In the SR universe he flew when he was 15, it was during the beginning portion of the movie.

^No. It was a sequel.

And back on topic:

-Lionel Luthor and Lex history was probably the best thing about Smallville. The "memoria" episode is one of the best episodes in the history of Tv shows to me.

-Chloe Sullivan

-Kents being younger

-Clarks powers evolving with puberty but that is a Byrne concept.

I think Lex & Clark being friends is a concept that only works in Smallville but doesn't work in the comics to me.

again where did he fly he just leaped

No, he didn't. He was running superfast, he leaped, he fell through the barn roof, and instead of falling, he stopped right before he hit the ground, and he was levitating. That's when he first realized he could fly. Besides that, SR couldn't possibly be related to Smallville seeing as SR Clark was already wearing glasses by that age, but in every flashback with Smallville Clark as a child, he never wore glasses. He didn't wear them until season three when his eyesight had been effected, and then a few times again when he was in disguise.

juts because he leviated doesn't mean he knows how to fly for example in season1 clark had dream that he was flying and when he woke up he was floating and on the show clark still doesn't fly

also when did i say SV and SR are connected all i m saying movie had subtle nod to the show like SV give subtle nod to superman movies

and SR was sequel of RD movies bryan singer himself said that and in those movie clark never learn to fly when he was 30

You are aware there's a difference between being sleep & flying, and being woke? When you're awake, you have a bigger control over what you're doing, so it does count at flying.

They never gave any references to Smallville, never.

Yeah, well, why was he levitating and learning that he could fly when he was 15? It's not even a real sequel, if that were the case, so much wouldn't be changed.

^^^ errr u do know that Marlon Brando played his DAD

they even had storylines from superman one and two continue into SR

they even had freaking superman sleeping with lois in superman storyline so they can have superman has son story which i think was lame idea

and again NO when he was falling to ground it wasn't like he was stopping himself he seems like unconciously stopped himself from falling to the gorund

same thing can applay to clark in episode 2 of season one unconciously floating

again in movie franchise he flew AFTER his trainning when he was 30 that's how it is

i m not sure if they will change that in new reboot

as for SV refrences i said Subtle refrences not direct

and why are u saying he was 15???

they didn't indicate his age

he could be 13 or 12 heck he could be 20 year old who looks younger than his age and couldn't pass his puberty :)

also remember Crusade where clark flies towrads a plane SR had similar type of scene when superman aproaches a plane and one pilot says "it is coming fast"

the one pilot in crusade also said same thing "it is coming fast"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"