World Assuming Batman had prep time, HOW would he beat Superman?

KrypJonian

The Last Son of Krypjon
Reaction score
This is a calm response to that ridiculous thread where absolutely nothing was discussed or put up for debate.

Personally, I think too many people are quick to say Batman would beat Superman in a one on one fight. Whether it's popularity, the fact he's a smart mother f**cker, or whatever else, I don't know. But I want to find out.

This thread is open to anyone who would like to share their view of WHAT WOULD OCCUR in a fight between Supes and Bats. I bet we could come up with something ten times better than Miller's fight or that garbage Jeph Loeb spewed out.

Please don't come in here and start sh** :)

Deep down Supes would win if really wants to...but he always hold himself back and Batman doesn't. That's why most of the time Batman wins.

Or How About This One? Would Batman Defeat Doomsday

pspring5 said:
Or How About This One? Would Batman Defeat Doomsday

Again, no, Doomsday is pretty much unbeatable.

Batman, or anyone ever, can beat Superman using one simple thing- Kryptonite. Or, somehow lure Superman to a place with a red sun, wait for his powers to drain, then beat the hell out of him.

you know, we do have a thread about this

Okay, here's how I see it. If he had months to prepare, and had the aid of the entire "bat family", here's how I see it:

Step one: Buy a sonic device that emits hyper sonic frequencies.

Step two: Buy a **** load of balistic missiles.

Step three: Buy some Thanagarian cloaking technology.

Step four: Place missiles in Death Valley, hiding them with the cloaking tech.

Step five: Get Oracle to falsify reports of extreme paranormal phenomina in Death Valley.

Step six: As Superman flies over Death valley, hit him with the hypersonic emiter. Because of his enhanced hearing, his should cripple him momentarily.

Step seven: Shoot the missiles at the temporarily defenseless Superman. Continue until he's unconscious and/or dead.

That's the only logical way I could see it happening. And that would take several months to put together, and the usage of every resource Batman has.

Well... there are several strategies which Batman can employ to damage and incapacitate superman. How successful he is at these depends on the conditions of their meeting, and thus, are in the hands of the writer.

1) Hypersonics. As stated above there are frequencies which could, conceivably cripple the man of steel due to his superheraring. There are also, in hypersonic theory, frequencies which cause physical damage to tissues that resonate at that frequency. Batman, if he could deduce these two frequencies would be able to cause superman a great deal of pain at a fair large range, perhaps with a relatively small device.

2) Kryptonite. Pretty straightforward. Rings. Batarangs. Kryptonite Gas. Ambient Kryptonite Radiation... Metallo's Kryptonite Lasers... Batman has a number of ways to deploy and employ kryptonite for pain and weaknening of superman. this is a powerful tandem move because, in tandem with other strategies, Superman is constantly getting weaker and more susceptible to other attacks, and he could potentially leave himself open if he tries to deal with the krptonite first. This is to say nothing of other kryptonite colors.

3) Light Flashes. Superman's eyes are suceptible to light attacks. Extremly bright light attacks, perhaps lasers, but still. Similarly, it could be concluded that large bursts of ultraviolet radiation or infrared or x-ray radiation could 'blind' him as well, or at least draw him to shield his eyes. In tandem with sound attacks you can leave Superman senseless and thus, unguarded.

4) Loopholes. There's a ton of them and they're tempting for the writer because they make sense. Eardrums for instance (used by Midnighter on Apollo in Authority: Revolution). Eardrums HAVE to be sensitive so that they can move with sound and the person can ear. Striking a person on their eardrum at sufficient force could burst the eardrum and further deafen the man. Of course, Superman's eardrums have been through worse, so it doesn't work on him, but it technically should. There are many other such cases.

5) Loved Ones. Superman is probably not convinced that Batman won't hurt Lois Lane or Lana Lang. That gives Batman leverage to control and direct superman. Batman can set traps, Batman can hold hostages. Batman can direct and control a situation, if, in the very least, as a distraction. Put civillian in danger around some Kryptonite, and get to kicking butt on a distracted Superman.

6) Large amounts of raw damage. In Hush, Batman dazed Superman with a city power grid. Perhaps feasable. Also if Batman can get his hands on some small nukes (and he can) he could probably hurt the man of steel pretty bad. Now, collateral damage would be an issue, but, if the area is unpopulated, this is doable.

Those are just a few strategies off of the top of my head. Batman has an advantage in that Superman ALWAYS holds back. Period. The problem is of course that Superman is just so dang fast. (I've already shown how his strength can be overcome thoroughly). But honestly, Superman should get the first move and Batman typically wouldn't be able to counter it. Perhaps if the fight started and Superman didn't know where on the Planet Batman was, then Batman would probably be able to pull it off, but then, that underlines pretty amazingly that this isn't a fair fight.

Well, depending on the writer and thus how that writer likes to write Superman's power levels, several small nukes could probably kill Superman. And, Batman, not being the killing type, wouldn't want to risk that. So, balistic missiles would be a better bet. Besides, they're far easyer to get your hands on than small nukes.

I always assumed that Batman would win because he would cross lines that Superman never would.

The Question said:
Except that would probably give Batman cancer.

Oh no my friend! In reality yes, but if the Bats had MORE prep time, he'd figure a way around that problem! :batman:

Ming said:
I always assumed that Batman would win because he would cross lines that Superman never would.
Like kicking someone in the balls or something?:confused: :)

Sorry Morg, didn't see the other thread.

Batman WITH 'prep' time is capable of truly amazing feats! ;)

use a green rock

TQ, GL1, & KJ deserve a ****in medal for this thread.

VERY good points guys.

and i think the point we must stress is this...

SUPERMAN ALWAYS HOLDS BACK, AND WOULD NEVER DO SOME OF THE THINGS THE BATMAN WOULD.

The Question said:
Except that would probably give Batman cancer.

That's ok, Superman would still get merked first and then when Bruce dies he would follow Clark into hell and beat his ass repeatedly for all eternity

Kal-El is a chump

I think the best way for Batman to beat Superman would be to take him by surprise. Just call him up, tell him he needs help, have him come over to the Batcave, and then pull some kryptonite out of his utility belt. If Superman knows Batman wants to fight I don't see how Batman could win because Superman would just need to keep his distance. But if he took him by surprise I think Batman could win.

I think the best way for Batman to beat Superman is to send him a copy of DKR and say you dont want it me nooooooooo

Sorry I'm in one of those moods today, it's friday

This is how Batman would beat Superman

0608.png

Did I say beat, I meant get totally pwned :o

hippie_hunter said:
This is how Batman would beat Superman

Did I say beat, I meant get totally pwned :o

LOL! I don't think thats quite the way it would happen but that was still really funny so you get a big thumbs up! :p :up:

boyscouT said:
TQ, GL1, & KJ deserve a ****in medal for this thread.

VERY good points guys.

and i think the point we must stress is this...

SUPERMAN ALWAYS HOLDS BACK, AND WOULD NEVER DO SOME OF THE THINGS THE BATMAN WOULD.

Well, that's the only plan I could see working against Superman. And like I said, that would require several months of planning, millions of dollars, and the aid of every ally he has. But really, with enough time, anyone with half a brain and enough money could come up with that plan.

The Question said:
Okay, here's how I see it. If he had months to prepare, and had the aid of the entire "bat family", here's how I see it:

Step one: Buy a sonic device that emits hyper sonic frequencies.

Step two: Buy a **** load of balistic missiles.

Step three: Buy some Thanagarian cloaking technology.

Step four: Place missiles in Death Valley, hiding them with the cloaking tech.

Step five: Get Oracle to falsify reports of extreme paranormal phenomina in Death Valley.

Step six: As Superman flies over Death valley, hit him with the hypersonic emiter. Because of his enhanced hearing, his should cripple him momentarily.

Step seven: Shoot the missiles at the temporarily defenseless Superman. Continue until he's unconscious and/or dead.

That's the only logical way I could see it happening. And that would take several months to put together, and the usage of every resource Batman has.

Or he could just get some Kryptonite.

Well, here's how batman would be Superman:

He's the bats, money.

just kidding guys. :p

but seriously, I really don't think batman would realistically stand a chance against superman. I mean, if superman knew they were gonna fight, and batman had prep time, superman, knowing batman was oh so resourcefull and rich would guess he probably had kryptonite or something tp that effect. so all he would have to do, would be... disable batman. Not permanatly of course, my boi superman doesn't roll like that. But he could obviously just, knock him out or whatever in under a second. Batman wouldn't even have time to react.

That comic posted before, really says it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"