attracting people

sdc10

Civilian
Reaction score
Now i am a dbz fan but im waiting for a trailer to the movie before i gain any type of opinion on the film however my main concern is does this movie have the potential to draw in viewers? Obviously dragonball fans will go and see the movie but will anyone else?

Of course, adapting movies from 80s shows is a Hollywood trend. Dragon Ball is definitely a cult fav especially outside of USA, so it's international sale will do way better. In America, there's more DBZ fans than DB, so they might get turned off seeing a DB based movie.

Out of every movie company in Hollywood Fox is number one in making awesome trailers.
If the DB trailer isn't good then the movie will bomb hard.
If the movie trailer is awesome they'll at least get past budget.
If the trailer and the movie are awesome then it'll do even more than budget.

The trailer will draw interest. Most people have no idea this movie is happening at this point.

man, xwolverine, i honestly don't think i've told you this before... but you honestly have the SWEETEST avatar on this entire site. piccolo is such a badass.

The trailer will draw interest. Most people have no idea this movie is happening at this point.

Agreed

I think if the trailer shows some really cool action the movie will do pretty well

if the trailer shows to much of slow motion then people will IMO hate it.

people hate to much of (matrix) slow motion

its enough.

the trailer will be the deciding factor in this movie's success I think. They just took too long. Dragonball hit its peak back when I was 10 and hasn't really recovered since then here in the US. If it's going to succeed it'll need to be a seriously good looking film otherwise, forget about it.

man, xwolverine, i honestly don't think i've told you this before... but you honestly have the SWEETEST avatar on this entire site. piccolo is such a badass.

From Dragon Ball when Gokou injured his arm to the point of no use, so he tears it off and grows a new one. I too love the avy, but it always bothered me how he magically has purple blood later in the end of the Vegeta saga in DBZ.

Of course, adapting movies from 80s shows is a Hollywood trend. Dragon Ball is definitely a cult fav especially outside of USA, so it's international sale will do way better. In America, there's more DBZ fans than DB, so they might get turned off seeing a DB based movie.

Which is very unfortunate considering DB was far more entertaining adventure-wise and comedy-wise.

Really, it just has to do well enough to warrant a sequel. Hell, Garfield miraculously accomplished that. DB has the power to draw in as many fans as most action flicks these days. It has a built in fanbase and a fairly original concept.

lol thanks, emmy is the cutest ^
:oldrazz:

if the trailer shows to much of slow motion then people will IMO hate it.

people hate to much of (matrix) slow motion

its enough.
as long as its slow motion like in The One where one character is doing the damage so fast everything around him is slow...

until i see the trailer im just worried that there taking a D.O.A. kinda approach to the movie which will really disappoint me

i worry about that too..... however DoA didnt cost this much to make and doesnt have both chows and the cuuuute emmy rossum

The trailer it self could easily draw in attention, I just dont know how many will actually want to go see the movie. After all besides the Dragon ball fans who else is there core group of people they are trying to draw in? Action movie fans?

Eh, it all depends on how they market it.

males everywhere will find it hard to pass up an absolute ass kicking fest, that this movie is sure to be...hell, ive told my girlfriend if i have to watch 27 dresses, she has to watch dragonball...needless to say, i got no arguement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"