Audience Reaction

B+ Cineascore; Under Deadpool, Civil War and X:Men:Apocalypse. Guess the audience agree with the critics.

Not sure that's at all true given something like a difference of 48% on RT from audiences to critics ratings. And... Is a B+ now equal to the critics' rating of 26%? If anything that seems to indicate quite the gulf between the audience and the critics.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

B+ Cineascore; Under Deadpool, Civil War and X:Men:Apocalypse. Guess the audience agree with the critics.
Per Deadline
In regards to the critical and audience reception for Suicide Squad, it’s still up in the air how much mileage this DC feature property has. In relation to its $166M opening, BvS had a two multiple when it finaled domestic with $330.36M (just $2.8M short of overtaking Guardians of the Galaxy stateside). One non-Warner Bros. distribution suit waves off the negative reviews for Suicide Squad, predicting “In its first week, it’s going to make $230M to $250M!” This is further bolstered by the fact that CinemaScore crowds under 35 gave Suicide Squad an A-, while 76% females gave it an A-. The pic also earned an A with the under 18 demo (28%).
http://deadline.com/2016/08/suicide...-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/

yeah sure

7HoaOagNi8umqqdoPKAAK4AmzMSXh9_YEGP7_o1E0rS3CEGoipDf7Pe8vBfoisYfpxcizGFmufgvSBvGwTGI_h4aXI-fn8hbvMyfhNYpV4d9zesiGfvWtkfXBo2S2ZCiIBHnbIXs-NCd9KrIT0bw7thWhcePX2SAhwuDOzvhEnf3CxFZLQlveeNFDK_ghEDFgvWEeId_QP8UgXSzQ3-I3IKSNBNTQEbMpSyNn9U0QZ0wyr2BVbsqbSTPsyXYmjIU7z7s7OI_J8yJU8m6KIKtGudaFebpD9R1JC6jNZ9O3-8mgypMqhky-ebKfQMPd_fiuXoHu-M8rZlR_Dh-4gl3-iHq7-C3fgausv-UGvRtXZywiGxAgRHxbTKu4dPY15rTjWds9KvLOS0OH5XMpiZzVaAgZ1YgbjE8xxT36icjKhc1oQD6dATskpiGnaqHS1wocttPH0oNEt9PtfnmA734QUvNn_UN3Ep8rcRehV3QRyvPkP1paFh6J3_Z0vuOaINkR5JlmQw2RburrzhTBTmuasgHa6fhFPEZf_6BZlZj5yZotL6nH2VUVaPORvtisThtE07eu4a7u3Ca-CDR1SsOj3MDIXzcv9Y=w1682-h946-no

some bloody nice jokes

Jdqt6qzvnom5BId53NgaPhz6yGqb94fiBahTGjgisr3OBs2C__9dAlhVp783bxKOpp9IksDZMxtXT9KA3L0Iqhk3S-1J9TGSnEvH9StZFzrKr8Ej49hL0rLPJhfNhsx9_dXMXxj3t5GR1fXB7QDscOFs8RoZGT42yIGm38APhNSJyPZ97W6alHXnVjNpgwCXJckgbmFl3m6zhJ_UZDOoDyY06BwHd3_0R_WPdRx6ylmyaUFtBcSE7aHT3-61HEqnXSuB09eQCae9ZI3dIl9uirabcsuCGM0Eil6FUed2ns9rwEFxouUknwNtHoskwojNwcPsOVi6Uw0lG7ECz0TQfdJVpah_jJyIvq9zAzIp7ao-MvVyAJbUBuMBr6i9A-Ybe5MoiC14u1YVKn0Giik5b3eXs2AWGGpWM3S7501r7L6u2OFMV3UuLcXt-sF0HmwoM0D63OiaedTOBaXsv3e3Wx0EnlMgo8Wn2HAHO5UslkaAKy0AiIBjHkGHoCaKS_tNIE0J2bFoH5S3RDJ7U_f0ve33xYj75Fe5Zhz7tBlYwRIxAJdenyfdOowUbPsFdnXby5B5jqRMaPsXezT6zuY3TGzQcUhsuEo=w1682-h946-no

EuZlzsY8JNFENIsD3IB8bjdD2mwekJ-c9A7tqhznw-kTZLnOO_Prp4KngaTOZtFbvO8iYYhbuB8yz4lOKGiEzL2caliHY_znZ9Q9LUPXKV97F8tGnc70_qGsGIQ4nWpAy3fZvZ9jCbSudeCd8ymq0766-pL47HP7Qf4OnJ_te9t_DY90T9nH3nrOkoKZ43FZyS1t3-f-PJEM-WmnlUNPbdIU3xNZbHJePH_LDO1nEpGxNBotJPppmZVQJbVBh4ql6gBWb2J3zZSraPDkQ_BdcdzHLEj_LheXCGnYugqM6EJp-PSubtFUOEfBinN5PEbPNfsKOKDwi7-gprfJF_FAWnDAfppgSljjnorTvJ7CNDbk9ZGoAMD_pAPhmn1eae9QzN1tGLPqbOTQGQXszDiPMXbS36vO0TdzMjPU23ZiFVpHTCSGIfUALi1e3TN5CvoIsLKZ7mnetlWVlhs5pWAGnWFVrO5yTF65R19d7MyYx6LOKPsrxRtrFW-hyvwENJK57ha1A_11aA4VlHgJeQvqFKyXT6gLbmzPpOUzgSubDV7lIz7smQ6BipCIxHXj_20blr5OSbR4yPT_8gXjSWyP4L5lj86FEFA=w1682-h946-no

Last edited:
My audience laughed at the right moments, but all filed out pretty quietly. The only person I heard talking about it afterwards was the guy directly behind me who was telling his friends how terrible he thought it was.
Not sure that's at all true given something like a difference of 48% on RT from audiences to critics ratings. And... Is a B+ now equal to the critics' rating of 26%? If anything that seems to indicate quite the gulf between the audience and the critics.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

There's no apples to apples comparison between RT and Cinemascore ratings but generally anything below an A is fairly underwhelming. For reference, the only recent movies that CS has listed with scores as low as SS are Nine Lives and the Angry Birds movie.

https://www.cinemascore.com/

In regards to RT audience scores? BvS started somewhere in the high 80's and dropped 20 points. We'll see how low SS goes.

The Cinemascore system is so weird to me. Why even use the A, B, C etc. grading system if all you use is A and B. To a layman, a B is still pretty damn positive.

My audience laughed at the right moments, but all filed out pretty quietly. The only person I heard talking about it afterwards was the guy directly behind me who was telling his friends how terrible he thought it was.

There's no apples to apples comparison between RT and Cinemascore ratings but generally anything below an A is fairly underwhelming. For reference, the only recent movies that CS has listed with scores as low as SS are Nine Lives and the Angry Birds movie.

mm

lBv5S3fBVv4qT9RKZlGQV9ka8BOIXrZa_8Oi3Od05TpkBkXbW0f8c--4vXB8qt3RxsQiQhYueKWLQ8qaplP4ANMdCVIzROTmwALXrAg2kohZMFUBmrxay_41imaua9pFfbXT190664ugcU7BJuvqrALPn_H9J4VH7402EPnGmVCLpFIkTYHheMt4FossbyBiUtR0ZgZZ_Aj4FrnRTuGSsypdhgkeqmAE5eUSCnbdT8efoc40y2kVpJ0cEX2xz1PqDl65MFqwkCcQQVsOy8meWrs6IZ8klUXs0WvxAk-_2VMvG20mp6jJYuDRF5LMXZaQFQmffAWmFXXKz73jZQXpIP79X3ctFFuKMrUSkae1JtDh41WrvxKtinkpfmDYaAqe_33VKdw04SjSYGWqzDAG44tIiuDoTKAjT76S1VMQIhMGiQGhMb8f7JW9JvP7RFG2qSIoKaVilPfUQYpQss4-N-2flhnbEimi2jq_7Vmd5r07lpVoZHexN6xjEbkov1e51mLS4JjtfQxZQi3ejS3zyd5-N56YT3Kw_3fvvQ91T7yY-bMqXs23aNX2BDOlEDT0ClhV6DfYowGJWF1jH0wg-BtD0wmGqf8=w1682-h946-no

CM9b2U-ol3Qzlt6xNZpx365ob7DIJ4PaLOuyDf9wyv-oh8dAFJixwhG74BjE-tTiJVxeXbD-_xZtxHRCaYydArDWTHzieF_R4K2UD8iejCLnMb8i5n4XLHnU-c3T38pxyXkMYXitZcChswEw344HUdigmtZ3XQkl5C2eANHqED66LOa0XCD0a6UuHcGDefmvARiqb7aJwQhBjP9CdbKZean0sp0rZGltfAtC5ulT7lHxl-1cf7LEWhHCJbQNbw0kejgrny-eKYsnlp_8t9S6qNoYvFbGHP_DI_UrwMSG4SBVyrIQdPWo8wuZ6rMpWlarGC2LuGkHlDJvqkQQx53d5g7utl2lJvM2QGM5sbJIjyBsx8-m6SfQdPxVBupC5glVz-D9xIpUhOTw3U_N3kUlOq-QGh24syYiKg5rdN8LHYdUIoDVfLiuaopwDLSCZVuUdltc_z2FCYCSxTizZF9yJ5IBJg7QqFHlxmc3_ufHTa25DvhK84Ncqh3qZaP6JK1Y70v9bTR5pYoakwkA6yYQorsLeVxFznAs4OioIDrYFSKMeXd7KkP6z5gBquRNxT2cOpgc_uBdXR8P7_sd7buI1AKalKVLuw4=w1682-h946-no

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/popstar_never_stop_never_stopping/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_nice_guys

Last edited:
Oh, didn't see there was a scrolling option :funny:
Doesn't change my point though. A B on Cinemascore isn't that good.

Wow, Alice through the Looking Glass got an A-...and that movie tanked critically and financially. Kevin Spacey's cat movie Nine Lives which is apparently ABYSMAL has a B+.

My audience seemed into it, surprisingly enough Boomerang got the most laughs despite pretty much being a raging stereotype of us Aussies.

Now I'm just curious is applause at the end of a movie really that common in the States?

Living in Australia, I have seen it happen all of once in 15+ years of going to the movies (Interstellar).

My audience seemed into it, surprisingly enough Boomerang got the most laughs despite pretty much being a raging stereotype of us Aussies.

Now I'm just curious is applause at the end of a movie really that common in the States?

Living in Australia, I have seen it happen all of once in 15+ years of going to the movies (Interstellar).

It's definitely an American thing. It doesn't happen with every movie, but it's the only country where it happens at all.

Audience laughed throughout & clapped at the end. Contrast this with BvS, CW, or Apocalypse, where l saw folks looking on their phones quite often at various times during slower moments. Talked to several people afterward because many came up to me & complimented me on my Deathstroke T-shirt. Not one person said he/she disliked it. Not ONE. Every person I talked with was like 'what were the critics talking about? This movie was awesome'. I'm going again today at 4, so I'll see how this crowd reacts. Maybe I just had a fanboy crowd since it was the first Thursday evening showing, I don't know, but my crowd was hotter than any movie this year aside from maybe Deadpool....

Last edited:
Audience laughed throughout & clapped at the end. Contrast this with BvS, CW, or Apocalypse, where l saw folks looking on their phones quite often at various times during slower moments. Talked to several people afterward because many came up to me & complimented me on my Deathstroke T-shirt. Not one person said he/she disliked it. Not ONE. Every person I talked with was like 'what were the critics talking about? This movie was awesome'. I'm going again today at 4, so I'll see how this crowd reacts. Maybe I just had a fanboy crowd since it was the first Thursday evening showing, I don't know, but my crowd was hotter than any movie this year aside from maybe Deadpool....

That's really cool bro. SS is getting praise from the GA in most places. :woot:

The audience seemed to enjoy the film in my theater, but I didn't pick up much chit chat afterwards. The only reactions I really got in person were from my friends, all more critically-minded people, who agreed with me that it was quite middle-of-the-road but fun. Also that it needed more Joker/Harley.

The Cinemascore system is so weird to me. Why even use the A, B, C etc. grading system if all you use is A and B. To a layman, a B is still pretty damn positive.

Probably because whoever is running it wants to make movies look successful, and sacrifices usefulness for that purpose.

It's definitely an American thing. It doesn't happen with every movie, but it's the only country where it happens at all.

Happens in Canada too with the right movie and a passionate crowd.

I joined in with applause on opening day of The Force Awakens. Don't think I did for Civil War but a few people did.

Unless it's a Trek movie.

Most people loved the movie when I saw it.

Everybody was eating up whatever Deadshot said.

Most of Harley Quinn's too.

Not the best movie but a very entertaining film.

In regards to RT audience scores? BvS started somewhere in the high 80's and dropped 20 points. We'll see how low SS goes.

RT audience scores are a joke. They include the "Want to see" numbers before the movie is officially released. But some want to play dumb and pretend it's not happening so they look at the total percentage at face value.

Saw an 11am showing this morning. My local theater normally has a pretty healthy attendance for movies in this time slot, but there were *maybe* two dozen people at my showing.

I would like to say that Cinemascore ratings (and any online poll) isn't exactly scientific. The people who vote in those things are those who usually have some pre-existing motivation/interest in voting. The general moving going audience doesn't pull out their phones and grade movies the second they leave the theater. Most people watch a movie, leave, forget the movie. Rating sites simply exist to attract fanboys and girls who want to either bolster a rating or tank a rating. They are no more accurate than the crowd reports of people cheering and booing throughout a movie like a sporting event.

Anyway, my response to any audience "reaction" thread on SHH:

MrW5mUX.gif

Its truly more entertaining fiction than the movies themselves.

Seemed positive, but I was annoyed by two cackling hyenas sitting directly behind me, shouting clever comments like "Oh *****!" and "Dayum!", plus their annoying laughter. I'd have moved, but the theatre was packed so there was no where else to move to. :/

The audience I saw it with all laughed when Batman punched Harley in the face... That really didn't sit with me all that well.

The audience I saw it with all laughed when Batman punched Harley in the face... That really didn't sit with me all that well.
Its a funny moment. Batman doesn't not punch a criminal in the face just because they're not a man. Laughing at the moment doesn't mean we want to see women punched in general. Geez.

Its a funny moment. Batman doesn't not punch a criminal in the face just because they're not a man. Laughing at the moment doesn't mean we want to see women punched in general. Geez.

She was underwater and wasn't a threat though to Batman. Like I get where you are coming from but it just rubbed me the wrong way. Before you jump down my throat some more, I'm not saying you are wrong, just that it was weird to experience for me.

Honestly, Batman needs to punch more of his female rouges gallery in the face. Talia and Selena get off scot-free too often. If that's not sexist IDK what is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"