Audience Reaction

My theater was about 3/4 full, maybe around 250 people or so. One guy walked out with about 30 mins left, not sure what to make of that. Overall, the audience reaction was tepid. There was a smattering of laughs here and there, but for the most part people just sat there, watching in silence. As I left, I heard the same complaints about this film leaving the theater as I did with BvS.
"Boring."
"I didn't understand what was going on."
"Why did so and so do that...?"

And the biggest one of all...."Why was the Joker even in this movie, he didn't have anything to do with it..."

I think opening night audiences are always the best and most eager to have fun. I always see these movies in the afternoon the next day when the crowds are a little smaller.

Deadshot got a couple of laughs, but otherwise my theater was pretty quiet throughout. A lot of Harley's comedy moments did not land.

One of the biggest laughs in my audience is when Batman punched Harley underwater. It was just unexpected and funny at the same time.

Its a funny moment. Batman doesn't not punch a criminal in the face just because they're not a man. Laughing at the moment doesn't mean we want to see women punched in general. Geez.

Honestly, Batman needs to punch more of his female rouges gallery in the face. Talia and Selena get off scot-free too often. If that's not sexist IDK what is.

Let's see.....comic book fanboys saying they want to see their superhero men punching more women in the face.....and you think there is nothing wrong with that....:whatever:

The entire audience laughed at that scene at my screening to. As did I, it was hilarious, and it was Batman punching that hard underwater.

I personally have no desire to see more "women getting punched!" in films, but in this case its Batman punching a crazy killer of a villian. And it was funny.

My audience chuckled at Batman punching Harley too because it was totally unexpected. Including plenty of women. I don't think it's a big deal, it's a fantasy movie. I don't think the amount of laughter indicated that any of those people are advocating women being punched by men.

Let's see.....comic book fanboys saying they want to see their superhero men punching more women in the face.....and you think there is nothing wrong with that....:whatever:

Thank you.

My viewing was quite full, except for the front rows. I was in the third row, And no one was seating beside me (left/right) so it was comfortable to me.

Few laughs and no claps.

She was underwater and wasn't a threat though to Batman. Like I get where you are coming from but it just rubbed me the wrong way. Before you jump down my throat some more, I'm not saying you are wrong, just that it was weird to experience for me.
She pulled out a knife and was ready to stab him with it. That's not threatening?

Be honest, had that been Joker, you think you would have flinched any more? Less?

The GA at the theater I went to today loved the Deadshot and Harley bits. There was laughter throughout, so I'd say that particular showing was a success. And lots of people stayed behind for the mid credits scene as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"