The Amazing Spider-Man Aunt May Casting Thread

Julianne Moore could work, plus she'd be a believable Aunt May Robinson.

I don't know why in the comics they didn't just make Aunt May his grandmother, since that is almost what she is. A real aunt could've been very young and wouldn't even have to be in her 40s yet. Kirsten Dunst could even plausibly be his Aunt, especially if Ben Parker married a young wife. Instead, most of the time we have a situation like George and Barbara Bush, where the wife looks a lot older.

most of these casting ideas are horrifying.

I don't know why in the comics they didn't just make Aunt May his grandmother

Because "Aunt May" sounds alot better than "Grandma May".

:woot:

most of these casting ideas are horrifying.
Oh my god I'm so glad somebody else agrees.

Where did the idea that Aunt May should be sexually attractive come from? Was there a particular story where she seduced Harry? Why do people want her to be Mrs. Robinson?

Jane Alexander as Aunt May

Alexander_Jane.jpg

Philip Baker Hall as Unclen Ben

philip-baker-hall-2.jpg

Jane Alexander would be a good Aunt May, but I can't see Hall as Uncle Ben at all. Terrific actor though.

Where did the idea that Aunt May should be sexually attractive come from? Was there a particular story where she seduced Harry? Why do people want her to be Mrs. Robinson?

But who says that Peter's aunt needs to be old enough to be his grandmother? Realistically speaking, that's just silly. Ben Parker is likely to be slightly older or younger than Peter's deceased father. Unless Ben married a woman 20 years his senior, then she would be either the same age or younger, so there's really nothing stopping her from even being in her 20s or 30s. She shouldn't look like Barbara Bush.

On another note, I wonder if Ben Grimm's Aunt Petunia was hot? :woot:

Good questions.

Three words....Betty freakin' White.

sharon gless, michael's mother from burn notice.

sharon gless, michael's mother from burn notice.

Aunt May as a chain smoking, tough and brassy broad? I think she would end up knowing that Peter is Spidey and would tell him to stop lying to her and treating her like an idiot. That would certainly put a new spin on their relationship if it is like Burn Notice.

But who says that Peter's aunt needs to be old enough to be his grandmother? Realistically speaking, that's just silly. Ben Parker is likely to be slightly older or younger than Peter's deceased father. Unless Ben married a woman 20 years his senior, then she would be either the same age or younger, so there's really nothing stopping her from even being in her 20s or 30s. She shouldn't look like Barbara Bush.

Its not really that far fetched, I'm 16 years older than my brother, I have a cousin is 20+ years older than her sister and brother.

So lets say that was the case with Ben and Peters father, then lets suggest peter dad had him when he was in his 20s, this would make Uncle Ben at least 40years older than Peter. By the time Peter becomes Spider-Man Uncle Ben would be late 50´s to 60. Which is about the age I always considered Aunt May to be.

But going back I do like the idea of Jane Alexander playing Aunt May. The suggestion of making Aunt May sexy however makes me Shudder**

Let me just say that Priscilla Presley is 65, and she still looks fine for her age. That's 5 years younger than Jane Alexander.

Lynda Carter is 59.

Its not really that far fetched, I'm 16 years older than my brother, I have a cousin is 20+ years older than her sister and brother.

So lets say that was the case with Ben and Peters father, then lets suggest peter dad had him when he was in his 20s, this would make Uncle Ben at least 40years older than Peter. By the time Peter becomes Spider-Man Uncle Ben would be late 50´s to 60. Which is about the age I always considered Aunt May to be.

But going back I do like the idea of Jane Alexander playing Aunt May. The suggestion of making Aunt May sexy however makes me Shudder**

Yeah, my mother is nearly 20 years younger than her brother and sister - I'm 25, and they are in their late 60s now.

Its not an unheard of thing.

apparently Aunt May is a little to hot to handle for some of these tykes in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

Who says that Peter can't be 10? Who says that MJ can't be fiftysomething?

I'd prefer an Aunt May who was in the late 40's at the youngest to 60's at the oldest. It really isn't the end of the world if the actress who plays Aunt May is also happens to be attractive .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"