The Amazing Spider-Man 2 "you're MY boy" - one of if not the best scene in the movie

Yes please drop the importance of the parents and the obnoxious flashbacks they're becoming tiresome. In fact stop putting emphasis on his parentage full-stop. Peter should grow up a bit in the next one and Aunt May should be only a side character. If they want her out of the house have her be a nurse and assist people who have been injured.

Yes please drop the importance of the parents and the obnoxious flashbacks they're becoming tiresome. In fact stop putting emphasis on his parentage full-stop. Peter should grow up a bit in the next one and Aunt May should be only a side character. If they want her out of the house have her be a nurse and assist people who have been injured.
I agree with everything except aunt may being a side character. that's wrong, aunt may and peter's relationship should definitely develop further.
Careful.

Some posters here really don't like when you put down other movies to make a movie look better.

At least not when it comes to making ASM2 look better. :whatever:
what?
Im not sure that this scene along with May in the hospital weren't just added in to give material and screen time to Fields..... its somewhat useful because we see that the world views his father as a bad person, but honestly I thought it a little sappy.

wasn't a bad movie, but things like this scene really shows that sony tries to force too much into these flicks. Certainly not as bad as the lords prayer scene from Sm-1......
whatever reason they had for adding that scene, it was a good move. certainly didn't hurt the film.
This scene didn't do much for me either. Aunt May is far less interesting and relevant here than she was in the previous trilogy.

EDIT: Rosemary Harris is a FAR superior Aunt May than Sally. But it's not her acting, it's the awful writing that makes her uninteresting and just kind of...there.

Aunt May's speech to Peter in Spider-man 2 outside her home while packing EASILY trumps "you're MY boy!"

Of course, in my opinion. :p
I beg to differ. I thought she wasn't a compelling character all throughout the series but I was pretty attached to peter and aunt may's interaction ever since asm1. what with uncle ben freaking out that peter forgot to pick her up to her staying up for peter when he was fighting crime in his pre-spiderman days... or was he already spiderman by then? idk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"