Avatar The Last Airbender (Anime or....?) - Part 1

Avatar The Last Airbender is already pretty much a masterpiece, I don't really think it has anything to gain from a live action adaptation. They could tell stories taking place between Airbender and Korra, or write stories for a new Avatar after Korra, or one of the older ones before Aang. But instead we're getting a remake of a story that was told perfectly well the first time.

I'm super excited for this. I have been a fan since it first aired. Own all the Library editions of the comic books (read The Search to find out what happens to Zuko's mom btw) and can't wait for the Kiyoshi novel. I was a bit iffy about this until I saw the creators behind it. That gives me a little bit more faith. Hopefully they don't reimagine too much stuff.

I will say I would have been totally okay with just a new animated series, but maybe if this live action series does good, they will.

I loved the animated series and will be looking forward to what they do in live action.

I don't understand why. They want to remake their own work? Now, I understand wanting to redeem Avatar live action after the movie we shall not name. But what is the point of the a new series going over the old material again.

If they get the type of fight choreography as Into the Badlands, that may be a good convincing argument for me.
This seems to be the general sentiment from ALL the fans. We don't want a retelling of Aangs story.

Personally I would prefer to see a new Avatar's story or even and old Avatar from the past like Kyoshi.

Or here is another idea. How about the adventures of adult Aang? The whole of grown up team Avatar. We can even have young Tenzin, Bumi and Kya.

The little bits of adult Aang we got in Korra made me want a series of the gang in their 20s-30s. Whether it's a comic book or animated series. Would love to see it.

What if this show leads to a live-action version of the adult gang?

The little bits of adult Aang we got in Korra made me want a series of the gang in their 20s-30s. Whether it's a comic book or animated series. Would love to see it.
It's the perfect compromise. You can bring back Aang and co without doing a non needed retelling of his original story. You have young Tenzin, Bumi and Kya that will capture the younger audience. And if there so dead set on going back to young Aang they can some flashbacks maybe. Ugh I don't want a full retelling that would be horrible.

And what happens when the kid they cast for Aang has a growth spurt? Season 2 he'll have a deep voice and will be walking around at 6 foot lol

They'll probably have to change the amount of time the story takes place over in case anything like that happens with their cast. I'm guessing Sozin's Comet will be two or three years after Aang reawakens instead of a little less than one year.

I'm gonna be honest, when I heard the news I had the biggest most stupid grin on my face and I couldn't be happier. But then I remembered that the creators were actually involved in some kind of way in the movie, and we all know how that turned out.
Then I read further and saw that it was gonna be a retelling of the show and my thoughts about that are exactly like most of you guys in here, in the sense that it feels completely unnecessary. The original show, was already perfect and I dare say it's one of my all-time fave tv shows, period. So it's strange that they simply not use this opportunity to focus on one of the older avatars that had little to no screentime/mention in the show. Or even put it inbetween ATLA and Korra, as has been mentioned in here.
Whatever happens though I know I will be watching it and I am cautiously optimistic about it all.

I'm gonna be honest, when I heard the news I had the biggest most stupid grin on my face and I couldn't be happier. But then I remembered that the creators were actually involved in some kind of way in the movie, and we all know how that turned out.
Then I read further and saw that it was gonna be a retelling of the show and my thoughts about that are exactly like most of you guys in here, in the sense that it feels completely unnecessary. The original show, was already perfect and I dare say it's one of my all-time fave tv shows, period. So it's strange that they simply not use this opportunity to focus on one of the older avatars that had little to no screentime/mention in the show. Or even put it inbetween ATLA and Korra, as has been mentioned in here.
Whatever happens though I know I will be watching it and I am cautiously optimistic about it all.

The creators have stated that they tried to give input while the film was being developed and it was ignored.

The creators have stated that they tried to give input while the film was being developed and it was ignored.

I see. I just remember seeing a clip where the three of them are in the same room talking about the movie, and they are basically giving their blessing to M Night. Maybe that was early on in production or something then.

I see. I just remember seeing a clip where the three of them are in the same room talking about the movie, and they are basically giving their blessing to M Night. Maybe that was early on in production or something then.

I don't consider it an anime. It maybe anime inspired by the creators, but it did not come from anything in Japan.

Thought these were fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"