The Avengers Avengers alternate opening

Idk about anyone else, but it's the moment where we see Iron Man's face plate drop onto the street after Maria Hill mentions on how this incident involved losing heroes. Naturally the fans who know that Iron Man 3 is coming out before the film premiered would obviously know that Iron Man wasn't going to be killed off, but to the average GA who probably doesn't keep track on what's on MS's track list, one could get the impression that something bad happened to Iron Man.

Where does she say anything about losing heroes? I still can't see any Iron Man face plate dropping onto the street. I'm watching the same clips posted in this thread.

Also, I think the problem with Cobie is that she still seems a bit too much like Robin Sherbatsky. I'm surprised she didn't start off by saying "but um..."

Where does she say anything about losing heroes? I still can't see any Iron Man face plate dropping onto the street. I'm watching the same clips posted in this thread.

Also, I think the problem with Cobie is that she still seems a bit too much like Robin Sherbatsky. I'm surprised she didn't start off by saying "but um..."

She says it near the end of the scene...and note..the link provided for this thread does not link to the full deleted scene.

That's how you know the framed narrative is in trouble, when it reminds you of that.

I bet they had this same discussion around the production office.

"Joss, this really reminds me of the Simpsons."

"Really? Seasons 1-8?"

"Nope. Seasons 9-24."

"****. Okay, cut it."

I actually like season 9 and 10... :yay:

I actually like season 9 and 10... :yay:

So did I, but the joke remains comical so I'll allow it. Honestly, I like parts of the seasons after too, just not nearly as much.

Joss got it right cutting these bookends. They were a terrible idea.

She says it near the end of the scene...and note..the link provided for this thread does not link to the full deleted scene.

Where is there a link to the full deleted scene? In every link I search for it just looks exactly the same as the one posted here.

I enjoyed the scene - who can complain when Ms. Smaulders has more screentime - but, I enjoyed the cosmic opening better.

I enjoyed the scene - who can complain when Ms. Smaulders has more screentime - but, I enjoyed the cosmic opening better.

I can. A sheet of drywall could have given a better performance.

It is amusing you just registered to post that. :p

But, the opening they stuck with sets the tone better, and sets up Phase 2.

Where is there a link to the full deleted scene? In every link I search for it just looks exactly the same as the one posted here.

The full deleted scenes: Banner's with the Security, Steve's Man out of Time, and the alternate Opening (and alternate ending) were leaked over here about a 2 weeks ago, and that's how I saw the full alternate opening.

Well obviously I knew Iron Man WASN'T gonna die--I was aware of Iron Man 3 just like any decent fan should be--but to be honest, it still hurt during the whole 'one-way trip' scene. Like you couldn't actually be sure whether he'd make it out or not but you knew he would...and this opening would have worked if only they hadn't released info on Iron Man 3. But Cobie Smulders really didn't convince me, so, yeah, cosmic opening is better, no brainer. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"