Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Avengers World' started by RealIrOnMaN, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

You said it brother, It's unfortunate.

If Jeff somehow retired and lives on pension and enjoys life without any responsibilities, that wont be a bad idea lol

2. THUNDERSTRIKE

THUNDERSTRIKE MR. WALKER

Jeph Loeb... MORE unwanted talk... :cmad:

bad bigdaddy... BAD... :woot:

3. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

So... who wants Scarlet Witch and/or Quicksilver to appear on AA?

4. THUNDERSTRIKE

THUNDERSTRIKE MR. WALKER

they've been Avengers, so I could live with them being on the team or as reservists...

5. bigdaddy313

Well make them join the team for the first time in season 2 or 3, but acknowledged them in season 1.

6. THUNDERSTRIKE

THUNDERSTRIKE MR. WALKER

now we REALLY don't expect this baby to go beyond the standard two years, do we?

7. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ya folks keep thinking all the wrong on tssm end and usm start and all. And like I said in usm case before marvel wanted to try something different and with the target demo they wanted to go with. Surre what the show is may be bad but again I still doubt that is how every new marvel show will be. Everyone makes mistakes. And they have to see where things go wrong to change things for the better in later stuff. Plus also counts for who is writers/producers brought on to future projects and how much control loeb/marvel board will have over them.

8. bigdaddy313

I thought where done talking about Loab lol

9. THUNDERSTRIKE

THUNDERSTRIKE MR. WALKER

there will always be those defenders of the faith... :whatever:

10. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

Word through the grapevine is that they were supposed to join in a proposed 3rd season of EMH but sadly that won't be happening. It's weird that they've been regulars in the past two X-Men cartoons even though they've spent most of their publication history being Avengers.

11. THUNDERSTRIKE

THUNDERSTRIKE MR. WALKER

guess it's that thing of them being mutants and the children of Magneto...

12. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

So who would we like to have doing the voices since odds are mos tof the EMH voice actors won't be back?

13. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

That was EMH Thor sounded at the beginning of the first season, Wasserman has long since deepened his Thor voice.

If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did Thor defeat the giant monster?

I know you've only seen it once, so just try to remember as many details as you can.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Thor didn't defeat it. They all laid into it and knocked it down as a team. They touched down and gathered around it and the monster woke back up for more, and Iron Man was basically like, "time for Round 2."

15. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Oh okay by "beat" you meant he attacked it, so how did he attack it?

With a hammer smash, lightning, super strength etc.?

16. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Apparently Ms. Marvel will be showing up. Some faith in this show's been restored. My worse fears are if it turns out to be just a replica of the movieverse, or like Ultimate Spiderman.

17. Panthro

Panthro Team Language

Probably sporting her butch Space Nazi Captain Marvel look.

18. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Well I still don't think we have to worry 100% that it be like usm. All news/info we got for aa has mentioned its tone/style will be different then usm.

19. strugler

strugler Hadoken

folks, don't worry about avengers assemble. ive heard that marvel has learned from the lab created virus known as ultimate spider-man *shrugg*

However im sorry to say that hulk and agents of smash is also infected by that same virus, since it was in the making before usm's premiere that made the internet go mad bananas.

20. TheVileOne

Geez strugler, its a freaking cartoon. Not every cartoon has to be Gargoyles or Spectacular Spider-Man. It's a team of Hulks getting together and smashing bad guys, sounds like fun to me. You haven't even seen a single episode yet unless you have, care to fill us in since you seem to know so much?

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

My apologies for the questions earlier, I just wanted to get a feel of how Thor is going to be portrayed in this cartoon.

Like whether he's gonna be melee heavy like in the MCU or more lightning based like he was in Avengers: EMH.

22. TheVileOne

All of the above.

23. Dread

Dread TMNT 1984-2009

I don't recall ignoring it or glossing over it. I just don't mention it in every post I made about "A:EMH", no. But definitely at the end of it's first season in many of my posts I mentioned being wrong.

Much like with "A:EMH", the Marvel Anime project with Sony had been in motion before Loeb's official promotion to head of TV. Anime News Network was reporting on the project as early as August 2008. Loeb was still working on "HEROES" at that time I believe. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-25/iron-man-wolverine-in-marvel-madhouse-1st-tv-anime

Marvel officially announced it with footage at the SDCC 2009. Marvel did not promote Loeb to his current position until June 2010. If he was doing production work for Marvel before that promotion, I am unaware of that.

Yes, he played a role in production, and I wrote a mostly positive review of the X-MEN ANIME elsewhere. However, "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" remains the first TV animated project Loeb produced from the ground up from top to bottom.

About as long as some fans are whining about the new THUNDERCATS (and will be if/when it is officially canned) or the 2002 MOTU show (which I did like on DVD). Fandoms hold grudges. Nature of the beast. Trekkies hold the record for whining about a canceled TV show, and it worked out pretty well for them. ;)

Sony owning "TSSM" didn't stop "USM from being good. The only thing redeemable about "USM" is that it employs a lot of talented people. Fans will probably stop whining about "TSSM" when they get a Spider-Man cartoon that isn't ****.

Anyway, it will be nice if "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE" is awesome. Hell, it'd be great if "HULK: AGENT OF SMASH" is good, too. My problem is "USM" was Loeb's first impression as master of Marvel Animation, and it wasn't a good one for me. It is possible an excellent second or third impression can blow that out of the water for me; I'm just not an optimist by nature.

24. TheVileOne

I don't see whining about 200x Masters anymore. The new toyline flopped, the show was a vehicle for the toys. Them's the breaks. Fandom can hold grudges and be loud but they are NOT numerous.

They have and they are. I'm a fan that likes Ultimate Spider-Man. People are enjoying the show. People at Comic-Con liked the episode so you are going to have to accept it. The show is well-liked and its a hit. A few fanboys online whining doesn't change that.

Deep down you like Ultimate Spider-Man and that's why you keep watching it and you refuse to admit it.

25. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Awesomeeeeeee :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.