World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the promo image an actual representation of what the character's actually look like on the show?

I don't think we know for sure. Would have to ask folks who saw the test footage from sdcc. But even that was a rrough stage if what I read was right.

So the animation is better than ultimate spider-man so far, does it feel epic and can be compared to young justice?
Yes and yes. It's a sequence where they take down a giant, reptilian monster rampaging in NYC. Iron Man is piloting a CG quinjet.

Is the promo image an actual representation of what the character's actually look like on the show?
In terms of their overall look and costumes yes. Not really quite as shadowed/detailed.

However, there were only five characters in the footage: Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Hawkeye. Falcon and Black Widow were nowhere to be found in the footage and we know they will be part of the line-up.

What did Thor and Cap do in the footage?

Thor beat up the monster. Had a bit of a friendly rivalry going with the Hulk. Thor was all like jonesing to go into battle and Hulk had an attitude of "watch out while I smash it better than you."

Does it look like we're just going to have a cartoon based on the film rather than the comics?

Thor beat up the monster. Had a bit of a friendly rivalry going with the Hulk. Thor was all like jonesing to go into battle and Hulk had an attitude of "watch out while I smash it better than you."

Wow, Thor was the one that beat up the monster...that's awesome!

What about Cap?

Captain America and Hawkeye jump into battle. Hawkeye jokes that Cap will need a bigger shield since the monster is so huge. Cap attacks the monster with his shield and remarks to Hawkeye about having the right tools for the right job.

Now if only he could put those damned X-Men and their Phoenix in their place... :cmad:

I gave up on that along time ago, I'm not even interested in Avengers vs X-Men anymore.

How does Cap and hawkeye sound like?
Similar to EMH, but couldn't tell if it was the same voices. I can only definitively confirm Fred Tatasciore did Hulk in the clip and Adrian Pasdar was doing Iron Man. I *think* it was Travis Willingham doing Thor but I'm not sure.

I gave up on that along time ago, I'm not even interested in Avengers vs X-Men anymore.

I'm pretending it doesn't exist.

TheVileOne said:
Similar to EMH, but couldn't tell if it was the same voices. I can only definitively confirm Fred Tatasciore did Hulk in the clip and Adrian Pasdar was doing Iron Man. I *think* it was Travis Willingham doing Thor but I'm not sure.

I can live with Travis Willingham doing Thor's voice. He sounds a lot like Rick Wasserman so I'm fine with that.

And like others have said they may not be finalized voice cast either.

Actually, the first half of the season will come out along with the movie:

http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=844

That is awesome. Thanks for the link. Hopefully the second half of the season will be available by Christmas or by early 2013. I look forward to owning the entire series.

You make a lot of good and valid points. This could all be a load of BS to prevent any negative feedback from the audience at Comicon. That being said, for this one time I will give Loeb the benefit of the doubt.

It does seem as if the voice actors used for various Avengers characters in "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" will reprise their roles for "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE". Nothing wrong with that; every production team prefers their own people.

My personal theory on the continuity of "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE" is that its continuity will be kept ambiguous. It will presume the audience knows who the major characters are and may throw out an odd reference to stuff from the film and/or A:EMH, but whether one links to the other may be kept to the interpretation of the audience.

I'd prefer Loeb's production strike it's own ground than attach to something else. Let Yost's production stand alone and let Loeb's production be judged on it's own. I do love how Loeb's unsaid suggestion to the audience at SDCC was "don't panic". My, if "USM" were as beloved as everyone in production says it is, why is Loeb fretting about fans fretting over a new Avengers show? Shouldn't everyone be thrilled that the producers of "USM" are doing more if all is well in Loeb-Land?

I think ambiguous would be alright since this will be a chance to make a fresh impression for new viewers of the franchise.

Justice League for most of the first season did little to actually reference older animated shows like STAS, BTAS, and TNBA. Voice actors for many characters also changed. Specifically Superman and the Flash from previous appearances. Also Kyle Rayner when he showed up again.

Dread, you weren't there so I wouldn't expect you to notice that the episode of Ultimate Spider-Man that was shown at Con got mostly positive reactions from the crowd. Not to mention the new production art that was shown for season 2.

But that's fine. Some time ago you were skeptical that EMH could even be a good, quality show or that Chris Yost was experienced or good enough to handle heading up the creative aspects of the show which you are also in continual denial over as well.

I don't recall denying that I was initially skeptical that Chris Yost could handle being story editor alone. In fact a few times I stated outright I was glad to have been wrong on that one.

"ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" was the first foray into Marvel Animation production for Loeb & company. Sure, he had a hand in "A:EMH" towards the end but that was a pre-existing show show. It wasn't the best first impression in my eyes, to be blunt. So I'm skeptical of other projects until I see an uptick in quality.

Historically, we lost "TSSM" for "USM", which is the garbage replacement of a brilliant show. While the circumstances are different for "A:EMH" - a 52 episode run is a fine run of episodes, and there's no competing company - there is the fear that the dynamic will repeat itself.

I can live with Travis Willingham doing Thor's voice. He sounds a lot like Rick Wasserman so I'm fine with that.

He didn't sound like him during his guest appearance on Ultimate Spider-Man.

Does anybody know where i can find the marvel tv panel video?

He didn't sound like him during his guest appearance on Ultimate Spider-Man.

Their handling of the accent was different but Travis hits a deep pitch similar to Rick's. For quick comparison - http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Mighty-Thor/Thor-Odinson/

Funny enough, Travis Willingham and Rick Wasserman have the distinction of having played the Hulk before playing Thor - Travis voiced Hulk for Superhero Squad while Rick played Hulk in "Planet Hulk" (using his Absorbing Man voice).

I don't recall denying that I was initially skeptical that Chris Yost could handle being story editor alone. In fact a few times I stated outright I was glad to have been wrong on that one.

You have ignored it and glossed over it before in discussions. The point is you are making out that Loeb is FRETTING over Ultimate Spider-Man but you are ignorant to the situation as YOU WERE NOT THERE. I was there and there was no fretting and most of the crowd reactions to Ultimate Spider-Man including the new production art and the episode that was screened was positive.

"ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" was the first foray into Marvel Animation production for Loeb & company. Sure, he had a hand in "A:EMH" towards the end but that was a pre-existing show show. It wasn't the best first impression in my eyes, to be blunt. So I'm skeptical of other projects until I see an uptick in quality.

Also inaccurate as he's credited as executive producer on multiple episodes on the Sony Marvel anime shows. Also other than animation he has experience as a writer and producer on live action TV as well.

Historically, we lost "TSSM" for "USM", which is the garbage replacement of a brilliant show. While the circumstances are different for "A:EMH" - a 52 episode run is a fine run of episodes, and there's no competing company - there is the fear that the dynamic will repeat itself.

Historically most of this is garbage. Marvel didn't have the rights to Spectacular Spider-Man as Sony still owned it. Marvel finally got the TV rights back for Spider-Man, got their own TV animation studio, of course they want to make their own Spider-Man show.

How much longer are fans going to whine about Spectacular Spider-Man? It's not healthy.

I was hoping that no one talks about USM in this avengers tread no offence. :woot:

I was hoping that no one talks about USM in this avengers tread no offence. :woot:

that's what some diseases do...

they spread to where they're not wanted... :wow:

hence all this unwanted USM talk... :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"