World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RealIronMan, Travis Willingham is a great talent so you should be quiet. Watch a little show called Fullmetal Alchemist sometime.

People complained about Transformers: Prime coming after Transformers: The Animated Series as well. Fans will always be there to complain no matter what. Dread for example didn't even want to believe Earth's Mightiest Heroes would even be good at first and doubted the writing and creative abilities of Chris Yost and was skeptical it would even be good at all. Maybe Dread should learn from experience to have an open ind.

You should really just let people voice their displeasure at this turn of events. We are losing one of the best interpretations of the 616 Marvel Universe ever seen in animation, it is disappointing. I don't really blame people for being skeptical of the new show. Loeb and MoA have not given anyone any reason for optimism judging by their insulting depiction of Spider-Man.

You should really just let people voice their displeasure at this turn of events. We are losing one of the best interpretations of the 616 Marvel Universe ever seen in animation, it is disappointing. I don't really blame people for being skeptical of the new show. Loeb and MoA have not given anyone any reason for optimism judging by their insulting depiction of Spider-Man.

:up:... thank you... :cool:

Man, calm down) I'm not saying he's a bad actor, but I cannot accept him when he's voicing Thor (it was really mediocre in the Field Trip episode of USM), I personally think that Wasserman was better suited for the role in EMH.

I agree, I was pretty unimpressed with his Thor voice in "Field Trip" I'd much rather have Wasserman as Thor.

Last edited:
I'll give this show a fair shake just like I have done with USM. But my expectations are extremely low.

Well said.

I see this show basically as an extension of the MCU. All the characters look like their MCU versions so I can see it following MCU storylines.

even the name of the show sounds like they dumbed it down lol

I do hope it turns out good. Yes blows emh is over. But like I pointed out in its thread yost/fine while promoting the second season weeks ago. They mentioned while in production they didn't expect a pickup. They filled there original order. Now yest it would have been get to get more. But I am still willing to give the show shot. We have no major details or footage yet. So I hope they get some good writers on it. And I hope marvel folks/disney folks do look at the negative feedbback from usm and see that is not what kids/teens/adult viewers want to see.

Oh come on a name is just a dam name. Its wise to have a sub title/longer name. So you do have show conflicting name with another. What's the big deal that its called avengers assemble. Hell look at emh or the 90s avengers title. What's wrong there.

Th animation sucked but the stories were great.Who knows how this next series will turn out.

I wouldn't say the animation "sucked", I'd say it was serviceable and it definately got better as the season progressed.

wow, that's funny... I just noticed... "Marvel's Avengers Assemble"...

that was the onscreen title of the Avengers film over in the UK...

because Marvel thought the British viewing public is just too stupid to differentiate between the superhero Avengers and the Avengers John Steed and Emma Peel...

more illogical nonsense on Marvel's part... bugger idiots...

As much as I love the British and hate Loeb/Quesada I believe it was also a copyright issue. If you're gonna dislike something or someone make sure it's for the right reasons.

I'll give this show a fair shake just like I have done with USM. But my expectations are extremely low.

Same here. I wanted to like USM and the first three episodes showed promise. Then once it got to the point that they wanted to shove the rest of the Marvel Universe down our throats more than make a Spider-Man cartoon to the point the only Spidey villain he fought was Venom and twice. I just gave up. I'm fine with a shared universe in shows and such, but that by no means should be used as a crutch.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go, the art looks good and if they work in conjuncture with Kevin Feige to create stories that COULD be cannon to the MCU (much like Fury's Big Week) then I think it would be a fantastic series.

I wouldn't want it to go the Spider-man route because I watched the first episode and I couldn't get past that. It's just not my cup of tea.

I'll give it a go, the art looks good and if they work in conjuncture with Kevin Feige to create stories that COULD be cannon to the MCU (much like Fury's Big Week) then I think it would be a fantastic series.

I wouldn't want it to go the Spider-man route because I watched the first episode and I couldn't get past that. It's just not my cup of tea.

Other than the roster being MCU(plus falcon of course), I hope that is all it is in regards to tied to the mcu.

If this new avengers is supposed to be in the USM universe.. I think it goes without saying that it will be similar to USM..the extent of which we clearly don't know, but I don't think they'd put this avengers in the same universe and make a completely different cartoon.. if they wanted that, they could have kept EMH for christ's sake ya know

What an ironic tweet by Yost, considering the upcoming announcement of the youknowwhat show:
Sarah Troullier: "Will we see Wonder Man again?"
Christopher Yost: "In our hearts and memories. And repeats."

Promo Art:

20120605163312.png
Assuming the show's art style is actually similar to this promo art, wouldn't that be a sign that this show won't be connected to USM? I mean, this art style is absolutely nothing like USM's art style, and if the two shows were meant to be set in the same universe, wouldn't they have the same art style for a sense of visual continuity?

I'm kind of excited about Avengers Assemble.
If it's based in the MCU, which I love them I'm happy. With Yost and Fine already gone mid show and the change in direction would it have made sense to keep going?

Cartoons revolves around selling toys. This show will sell toys.

Same here. I wanted to like USM and the first three episodes showed promise. Then once it got to the point that they wanted to shove the rest of the Marvel Universe down our throats more than make a Spider-Man cartoon to the point the only Spidey villain he fought was Venom and twice. I just gave up. I'm fine with a shared universe in shows and such, but that by no means should be used as a crutch.

The only episode that was remotely good was the first Venom episode, for me. Even though I dislike Goovenom it was still solid. The rest of the episodes have been flat-out bad. Only good humor is Principal Coulson. I will watch through the episode with Wolverine cause I love wolverine, but I am done with this show, I am pretty sure.

It was 52 episodes. That's as long as X-Men Evolution and longer than a lot of other great animated shows that didn't get nearly that big of a run. Get over it and move on.

one thing i really hate about comic book movies is how the comics/cartoons are changed to be more like the movie. for example this cartoon, they got rid of two awesome founders (ant man and wasp) for hawkeye and widow, like the movie.

also really dislike hawkeye not having his costume and cap having the painted on wings

otherwise though thats an awesome picture.

The bright side is that the animation will be better. Here is my list of do not wants:
I do not want it to be purely based on The Ultimates.
I do not want it to be ANYTHING like USM.
I do not want that to be the only rooster we will ever see.
Things I want:
I want the classic story lines to be told.
I want it to apeal to the comic book readers.
I want a range of MU characters to come up.

I don't think it's anyone's cup of tea.

The bright side is that the animation will be better. Here is my list of do not wants:
I do not want it to be purely based on The Ultimates.
I do not want it to be ANYTHING like USM.
I do not want that to be the only rooster we will ever see.
Things I want:
I want the classic story lines to be told.
I want it to apeal to the comic book readers.
I want a range of MU characters to come up.

with Loeb and Quesadilla in charge, that's wishful thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"