World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
with them saying its going to have the same feel and tone with the movie that's kool right? That means it wont be childish

To be honest, it's very hard to say if they have great intentions for this show or not. We've had the same case scenario with USM a couple of years ago: they've promised a good show (with a talented team of writers and animators), with fresh take on the character that will be true to the Ultimate Universe and its core stories, but instead everyone knows what we've got...

I'll be at SDCC'12 in July, they'll have the Marvel Animation panel, which I'll be attending. So rest assured - I'll update everyone on the status on the show and more if Loeb and Quesada will be brave enough to show at least a promo reel (like they did with USM back in 2011).

If the show's linked with USM, I must say, so far they've made Iron Man, Thor and Hulk (kind of) very UN Ultimate Spidermany in Ultimate Spiderman, which is good.

To be honest, it's very hard to say if they have great intentions for this show or not. We've had the same case scenario with USM a couple of years ago: they've promised a good show (with a talented team of writers and animators), with fresh take on the character that will be true to the Ultimate Universe and its core stories, but instead everyone knows what we've got...

I'll be at SDCC'12 in July, they'll have the Marvel Animation panel, which I'll be attending. So rest assured - I'll update everyone on the status on the show and more if Loeb and Quesada will be brave enough to show at least a promo reel (like they did with USM back in 2011).

Can you please ask them directly how they take the MASSIVE fan hate and criticism towards Ultimate Spider-man, i mean clearly, most people hate it

I don't like USM versions of Stark, Thor (they've got wrong people voicing the characters and their designs are just ugly, don't feel both of them) and Hulk (they've made him stupid mindless creature, again). Whatever they do with AA, I just pray that for once Loeb & others will make the right decision and will stay away from USM's 'attempts' at core members of the Avengers.

Can you please ask them directly how they take the MASSIVE fan hate and criticism towards Ultimate Spider-man, i mean clearly, most people hate it
Haha, they'll probably deny any kind of bad response to their shows, just like they did in the recent TV Guide interview"
Jeph Loeb: Just to start, the people that we really want to thank are the fans, who just came out in droves.

Joe Quesada: We loved the response from our hardcore Marvel fans. They really embraced the show and they got the word out in so many ways. It's been pretty overwhelming. We knew we were creating a really special show, just how special we weren't sure.

On EMH and other shows: At the end of the day it's a pretty democratic system how these things get renewed: You either have the ratings or you don't. And we've been really, really thankful and blessed that we've had incredible ratings.

Interesting that the designs for Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, and Hawkeye are really hewing pretty close to the MCU versions, while Thor is still very much based on the Coipel comics design. I wonder why that is?

Interesting that the designs for Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, and Hawkeye are really hewing pretty close to the MCU versions, while Thor is still very much based on the Coipel comics design. I wonder why that is?
Because they want the new show to be as close to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as possible. Read the extract from TV Guide on Page 3 of this thread, that's basically Loeb's main goal.

hr_Licensing_Expo_2012_27.jpg

^Nice. But I still need to see some actual character designs before I say whether of not it's good animation or not.

Haha, they'll probably deny any kind of bad response to their shows, just like they did in the recent TV Guide interview"
Ultimate Spider-Man got better ratings than EMH. What do you have to say in response to that RIM?

Ultimate Spider-Man got better ratings than EMH. What do you have to say in response to that RIM?
So what, yes, it's true, but EMH was always a better show and it also had a positive and welcoming response from both fans and ga, unlike the atrocity that is USM.

Were there actual numbers on this or is this like their exclamation that hardcore Marvel fans overwhelmingly support USM? That we know is a fabrication of the highest magnitude.

Because they want the new show to be as close to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as possible. Read the extract from TV Guide on Page 3 of this thread, that's basically Loeb's main goal.

RIM, that's what I was getting at -- the new cartoon wants to be close to the MCU. But they're using the comics Thor design, rather than trying to get him closer to the MCU design. The images you've posted show a Thor who looks a lot like the Coipel Thor in costume. The MCU Thor, obviously, differs visually in a bunch of ways (beard, costume details, and MCU Thor doesn't wear his helmet very much, which I know annoys a lot of folks, but it *is* a visual difference).

So I can understand the cartoon's goal of looking more like the MCU, and with Cap, Iron Man, and Hawkeye at least, plus Hulk, they seem to be going in that direction. (At least based on what we can see so far.)

But if their goal is to look more like the movies, then Thor kind of sticks out to me as looking purely like his comics counterpart, not his movie counterpart at all. Actually, the same goes for Black Widow -- her long hair and her belt are from the comics, not from the way she was done in the movie.

I'm not saying that's good or bad, really. But it struck me. There must be some reason for it, and I just wonder what that is.

Last edited:
Oh, okay) Let's just hope that this thing (the show itself) turns out to be actually something pleasant (preferably good, don't expect the EMH level of greatness).

they act like EMH wasn't highly influenced by the movies lol

Actually captain america and hawkeye are both the ultimate comics design, and thor and iron man's design is exactly the same as the were in ultimate spider-man. The first episode you will see captain america who's design is exactly like the picture you see

they act like EMH wasn't highly influenced by the movies lol
True, true. I remember, how in the first season Yost and Fine said that they've created EMH's Tony Stark and Bruce Banner taking an inspiration from Edward Norton and RDJ's portrayal (that's why Eric Loomis has provided the voice to the character, because of its tone and likeness to RDJ). The second season, in particular, took some of MCU's looks (costumes: Iron Man Mark VI and Thor's Coipel/movie armor) in order to make the show more accessible to the audience, that observed Iron Man 2, Thor and The First Avenger films.

Tony even had the exact same home from the iron man movies in that secret invasion episode

Tony even had the exact same home from the iron man movies in that secret invasion episode
Yup + J.A.R.V.I.S is also present in the series, as well as many other things, that are reminiscent of individual Iron Man movies.

Yeah, I like that EMH has some touches that are reminiscent of the MCU, but mostly it's very 616. So hearing that this new show is supposed to be more MCU-like, that's interesting and all, but I wonder how far they'll go with it.

I'll definitely give the new show a chance. Hope it'll be decent, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"