World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 52 episodes. That's as long as X-Men Evolution and longer than a lot of other great animated shows that didn't get nearly that big of a run. Get over it and move on.

If you're dissatisfied that people keep talking about the fact that EMH has been cancelled, bring up a different subject. I'm sure others will be happy to engage you in other topics.

As for "Getting over it and moving on" Quit with the damn attitude. You don't have to respond to posts that have to do with people still being unhappy with EMH being gone.

If you're dissatisfied that people keep talking about the fact that EMH has been cancelled, bring up a different subject. I'm sure others will be happy to engage you in other topics.

As for "Getting over it and moving on" Quit with the damn attitude. You don't have to respond to posts that have to do with people still being unhappy with EMH being gone.

damn rabblerousers... :woot:

A new Avengers show pretty means we'll get a brand new Thor vs Hulk fight at some point, I hope it's the best one yet. :woot:

A new Avengers show pretty means we'll get a brand new Thor vs Hulk fight at some point, I hope it's the best one yet. :woot:

Yeah, the one in the first season of EMH was kind of underwhelming.

Last edited:
The bright side is that the animation will be better.

What makes you think that the animation will be better? The more detailed the drawings, the harder it is to animate the series. For example, the animation in the "Along Came a Spider" episode of A:EMH was more fluid then the animation in USM which has more detailed drawings of the characters.

No. Maybe I actually want to see what happens with this new show.

Making a new show more inspired by the movie sounds like smart business to me.

What makes you think that the animation will be better? The more detailed the drawings, the harder it is to animate the series. For example, the animation in the "Along Came a Spider" episode of A:EMH was more fluid then the animation in USM which has more detailed drawings of the characters.

Okay so there's no bright side :dry: I think Iron Man in USM is slightly better than Iron Man in EMH, but the rest of the animation is just as bad in USM... especially....Hulk.

Yeah, the one in the first season of EMH was kind of underwhelming.

The one in the movie was much better and that's sad because cartoon superhero fights usually >>> live action fights.

If Hawkeye has a relationship with Widow I'm going to die. Movieverse fans are so shippy of those two, when really Clint is just a bit of a sleeper arounder. It's Mockingbird x Hawkeye people.
....I also want to see Young Avengers.

If Hawkeye has a relationship with Widow I'm going to die. Movieverse fans are so shippy of those two, when really Clint is just a bit of a sleeper arounder. It's Mockingbird x Hawkeye people.
....I also want to see Young Avengers.

In the beginning, it was Clint & Natasha in the comic books. They didn't last long, what with her being a villainous Communist spy and all, but the relationship is canon. Clint didn't even meet Bobbie until a good decade later.

It's interesting and very weird that both Clint and Bobbie are on the long list of characters who died and later got better. But then, most of the Avengers are on that list.

I just have a bad feeling this is going to be a kiddie show just like Ultimate Spiderman. We will probably be more based on the movie Avengers, instead of the comics 616 Avengers. Honestly the way EMH seemed very centered in the Marvel Universe in the way that it referenced alot of characters - the images of people that Fury had during the Skrull invasion, the reference to the Punisher,X-MEN,SwampThing and many other characters. We got to see Hydra,AIM, Guardians of the Galaxy,F4,Doom! etc etc. With EMH we were basically not just getting the Avengers universe, we were getting basically the full scale Marvel Universe.

I guess my question is do you think the show will stay in its Avengers bubble, or will it touch and show the rest of the Marvel Universe like Avengers EMH did?

Well at least there's a show replacing EMH. I can't complain since I've only seen one episode of this season :(

In the beginning, it was Clint & Natasha in the comic books. They didn't last long, what with her being a villainous Communist spy and all, but the relationship is canon. Clint didn't even meet Bobbie until a good decade later.

It's interesting and very weird that both Clint and Bobbie are on the long list of characters who died and later got better. But then, most of the Avengers are on that list.
I am aware of their relationship (past), but it's all about Mockinghawk ;)

even though there was nothing from the previous show that would confuse anyone watching it, and was also influenced by the movies

There is always the possibility that this series might be a continuation of EMH, but going in a new direction (like the way JLU was a continuation of JUSTICE LEAGUE). Another possibility is that this series will be a more serious version of SUPER HERO SQUAD.

i just hope that this new show isn't Super kid friendly like the piece of garbage that Ultimate Spiderman is

While it sucks that the show got canned, I don't feel as bad as I did when Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine & The X-men got cancelled. They at least gave EMH twice as many episodes as those two.

I'm bummed we're losing a show with Wasp and Pym as major characters. They'll never take off if Marvel keeps ignoring their existence. I wish that long-simmering Edgar Wright movie would finally get made.

No. Maybe I actually want to see what happens with this new show.

Man you sure are defending this new show pretty hard, it's okay for people to be bummed and express their sentiments.

Just chill man :cool:

Dread for example didn't even want to believe Earth's Mightiest Heroes would even be good at first and doubted the writing and creative abilities of Chris Yost and was skeptical it would even be good at all. Maybe Dread should learn from experience to have an open ind.

Mind, I presume. S'okay, typos happen.

You are correct, I was initially skeptical whether Chris Yost could story edit a show like "A:EMH" alone considering most of his animation work was alongside Craig Kyle and I considered a lot of it hit or miss. You are correct that I was wrong about his ability to helm a show.

The caveat here, however, is that "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE" is presumably going to be handled by Jeph Loeb and MAN OF ACTION unless we get another announcement. The dilemma with that is while MAN OF ACTION may have been very successful with their own properties such as "BEN 10" or "GENERATOR REX", their opening salvo in Marvel Animation was "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN", which I find to be a poor effort so far. To put it kindly, it was the first animated TV project with Loeb in charge of that realm after almost 12 years of Fine, Kyle, and/or Yost in charge to some degree and it wasn't exactly a good first impression. As much as I criticized "WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN" - and by "criticized" I meant often ranted like a mad man - its worst episodes were better than "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" has mustered so far. Thus, I am not thrilled with the near future direction of Marvel Animation now, whether with "HULK: AGENT OF SMASH" or "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE".

It's possible "USM" was freshman jitters. It's also possible it represents the assumption of assuming the lowest common denominator for its audience. It is a shame that intelligent shows are dismissed as appealing to "40 year old white men" while "all ages" is code for "dummying down" a lot, but unfortunately that seems to be the reality on TV most often. We'll see which is which when this show and "H:AOS" debut, although I'm not exactly anticipating it.

Last edited:
TV Guide Interview Excerpt with Jeph Loeb - Avengers Assemble show:

TV Guide: And what's the second project?

Jeph Loeb: The Avengers movie has been the ambassador to the world for the Marvel Universe so we want a show that has the feel and the tone and the incredible adventures like that movie. So the next project that we're working on - and this is down in our lab, top secret, with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents protecting us at all costs - is Avengers Assemble, which will be a brand new and really extraordinary looking animated series dealing with the Avengers in that same world.

TV Guide: You already have Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on the Disney XD. How is this new show going to be different?

Jeph Loeb: We're still very early on in the process and we don't give away too much. It's safe to say that we're looking at a show that more closely echoes the tone and the feel of the movie.

TV Guide: Does that mean it will skew towards an older audience?

Jeph Loeb: No, but it will certainly have that kind of gigantic action and interacting among the characters and their voices that the movie has.

TV Guide: I understand that the African-American superhero Falcon is going to be a part of this show. Why was he an important addition to the team?

Joe Quesada: Falcon is going to be the eyes of the viewer. He's a new member of the Avengers so he's walking through our stories wide-eyed and with wonder and amazed to be a part of it.

He's a little younger than the rest of the cast and a little greener, so he adds an interesting dimension to the team that we think will play really well with the audience.

TV Guide: What style of animation will you be using for this show?

Jeph Loeb: In the same kind of way that Ultimate Spider-Man pushed the boundaries in terms of a unique combination of 2D and CG and using top-flight writers and voice actors, that's what we're looking for. Eric Radomski, who is in charge of production for us, has been involved with such groundbreaking shows as Batman: The Animated Series and Spawn, and every single time there's been a significant leap in the look and tone of action adventure television animation he's been there. We really look to him and our creative people to break down that wall and see what the next level is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"