World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disappointed, but since it's the 1st episode I'll give it a chance. Personally I didn't like the animation. i'll go watch EMH again...

You can check it out now on itunes

O_O orly...? **resists urge to run home right now to go watch it**

One of the highlights were Thor and Hulk's rivalry being shown in full force, it's usually just hinted at. I love when Hulk and Thor fought in mid-air and fell to the ground, it seemed like they were having a blast.

Actually that was probably the most equal I've ever seen Thor and Hulk portrayed outside of the comics.

**squees in excitment** if you're praising a Thor appearence BigThor then its got to be good ^-^ can't wait!

Is there any place to watch it early besides Itunes? There's no way I'm installing that.

Mjölnir;25892125 said:
Is there any place to watch it early besides Itunes? There's no way I'm installing that.

I uploaded a video review on youtube which basically the full episode but with voice over it. It is more like a commentary. I can't post the full episode with volume etc as it is exclusive to Itunes for now. But the video review will let you at least see the animation :p :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHEJ7HBuGU

Last edited:
The animations is kinda iffy at times. When they show close-ups of faces, I want to almost say it's fantastic. Because it's just really smooth, the designs look good, and it's all well animated. Once the action starts though, it kinda gets wonky. It's still well animated, but like someone else said, it feels soulless. I don't know how else to describe it. Also, characters don't feel like they are part of the environment. Because characters are hand drawn, but the backgrounds seem to be digitally animated. Everything just feels really disconnected.

I haven't watched the show yet. Is it in continuity with EMH?

One of the highlights were Thor and Hulk's rivalry being shown in full force, it's usually just hinted at. I love when Hulk and Thor fought in mid-air and fell to the ground, it seemed like they were having a blast.

Actually that was probably the most equal I've ever seen Thor and Hulk portrayed outside of the comics.

Yes! Hulk and Thor's fight was fantastic, and it felt brutal and heavy-hitting. Even in EMH, Thor was made to look weaker compared to Hulk during their Central Park fight. I hope the MCU movies learn something from this.

I also thought Hulk and Thor's combination move where Thor's surging hammer combined with Hulk's thunderclap created a powerful wave of lightning that took out MODOK. That was so badass.

I only wish they wouldn't have shown them to be so reckless. They would have honestly leveled the city, hadn't Hawkeye been the voice of reason.

Yes! Hulk and Thor's fight was fantastic, and it felt brutal and heavy-hitting. Even in EMH, Thor was made to look weaker compared to Hulk during their Central Park fight. I hope the MCU movies learn something from this.

I also thought Hulk and Thor's combination move where Thor's surging hammer combined with Hulk's thunderclap created a powerful wave of lightning that took out MODOK. That was so badass.

Idk Thor was winning for most that Central Park fight, he just got threw by the cape once the team ganged up on Hulk. However this battle was alot more exciting with the banter and fighting from mid air all the way to the ground.

The animations is kinda iffy at times. When they show close-ups of faces, I want to almost say it's fantastic. Because it's just really smooth, the designs look good, and it's all well animated. Once the action starts though, it kinda gets wonky. It's still well animated, but like someone else said, it feels soulless. I don't know how else to describe it. Also, characters don't feel like they are part of the environment. Because characters are hand drawn, but the backgrounds seem to be digitally animated. Everything just feels really disconnected.

This was the same problem with the 90's SPIDER-MAN animated series. History has shown us that combining CGI and hand drawn animation with bright pastel colors and more detailed character designs results in a wonky and often inconsistent look with choppy animation.

Idk Thor was winning for most that Central Park fight, he just got threw by the cape once the team ganged up on Hulk. However this battle was alot more exciting with the banter and fighting from mid air all the way to the ground.

Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly, since the cape spin move was what I was thinking about when I said that. I need to watch it again. :woot:

Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly, since the cape spin move was what I was thinking about when I said that. I need to watch it again. :woot:
I don't remember that fight that well but overall I think Thor came off as the most powerful hero in EMH. He almost became a Deux Ex Machina a couple of times in the second season.

One of my favorite things in that season was when Purple Man took over and Thor became the big threat for the heroes that weren't affected. It felt fresh to have him in that role as it's so often the role of Hulk.

Meh "Avengers Protocol pt1" was just a jumble pilot. I think they tried way too much to combine the movieverse with elements from EMH rather than just make this series it's own.

Not impressed...

I see no need real reason for Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes to have been replaced by this show. Season 3 could've easily changed Stark Tower to resemble Avenger's tower from the film. I mean this new series is using "The Avengers Mansion" set design.

Last edited:
Mjölnir;25895553 said:
I don't remember that fight that well but overall I think Thor came off as the most powerful hero in EMH. He almost became a Deux Ex Machina a couple of times in the second season.

One of my favorite things in that season was when Purple Man took over and Thor became the big threat for the heroes that weren't affected. It felt fresh to have him in that role as it's so often the role of Hulk.

I agree :up:

Thor was a BEAST in the 2nd season and I consider that the best represention of Thor's power level outside of the comics. The "Purple Man" episode, the fight against the Kree, and Thor vs Red Hulk were perfect examples of that.

I'd even go so far as saying EMH's 2nd season is how I'd like Thor to be handled in the rest of his big screen appearances.

I love the Icons at the beginning of the Marvel Watcher episode for the Avengers Assemble this coming sunday

And as expected and despite hope, this was horrible. I don't know whose at fault for how horrendous Marvel cartoons have been lately, but considering Loeb is in charge of the whole operation, I really wish they would fire him at some point. But as long as ratings and toy sales are good I guess it doesn't matter how bad the shows are. -_-

I think the episode was watchable but certainly not as special as the first one of EMH.

Thor was a BEAST in the 2nd season and I consider that the best represention of Thor's power level outside of the comics. The "Purple Man" episode, the fight against the Kree, and Thor vs Red Hulk were perfect examples of that.

I'd even go so far as saying EMH's 2nd season is how I'd like Thor to be handled in the rest of his big screen appearances.
Agreed, although purely in the power perspective. I want him to be more present than he was in the second season and have more screen time than in TA if anything.

I'll be giving this a chance, but it would have to be an absolutely amazing show to top what EMH gave us. On the topic of Thor for EMH, he was clearly the team's go-to guy. I particularly liked this exchange from the series finale:

Spider-Man: "Why aren't you freaking out!? It's the end of the world!"
Captain America: "Because I hear it."
Spider-Man: "Hear what?"
Captain America: "Thunder."

I'd also include the Ultron episode, that was awesome. In it, Ultron waits until his robo-avengers are fully assembled before they take on Thor, and it really takes all of them combined to take him down. And after he's captured, Ultron says something about how Thor was the biggest threat. Loved how Cap was so smart in this episode too.

Overall, the characterization of Thor in season 2 was great. He was clearly the most powerful.

Okay i just saw it and i thought it wasn't bad It definitely is not AEMH. But I went into this should and I thought it would be more like the Ultimate Spiderman with all the goofy kid stuff but it isn't It is watchable but it does tend to feel kiddish but doesn't do it too much like Ultimate Spiderman. The show does have it's weakness like the animation it feels to old school and it doesn't feel smooth there were times where It looked really good but then it looked bad. The Voice Acting isn't bad but doesn't compare to AEMH. The only voice actors i Liked were Cap Thor and Hulk. Another thing is I hated how it changes from fullscreen to widescreen and all the splitscreen stuff i find it really annoying. I did like the cliffhanger though it did keep interested and can't wait for more

WHAT are you guys SEEING to make you decide you like it or not. All I've seen is the Trailer and that wasn't that long to decide with for me. (I still prefer the other style on EMH tho)

WHAT are you guys SEEING to make you decide you like it or not. All I've seen is the Trailer and that wasn't that long to decide with for me. (I still prefer the other style on EMH tho)

The first episode is free on iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"