World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speaking for myself, absolutely. Better pacing, better and more intelligent plot, no disconnection between characters and backgrounds, no cheap effects, no lazy animation tricks. Comparing Pilots alone, EMH was superior, without the shadow of a doubt.

thumbs up to every point... I liked it RIGHT from the start...

I'm clearly in the minority but I enjoyed it. I thought the character interactions were great, particularly between Hulk and Thor, Clint and Natasha, Hulk and Clint, and most of the characters themselves were pretty well done. As I've said I didn't think EMH was great in the beginning either, it took me I think 7 episodes to really love that. Did everyone here honestly love that show from the very beginning?

I didn't even mind the animation that much. It wasn't great but I didn't think it was as awful as everyone is saying. My biggest issues were that some of the dialogue was pretty bad (though other parts were really good) and Tony's line delivery is slow and stilted.

I guess I'll just be the sole voice of positivity here.
I pretty much agree.

Though I never cared for Pasdar as Iron Man.

I like that Red Skull is set up as the main villain and he's starting basically his own anti-Avengers group.

I'm clearly in the minority but I enjoyed it. I thought the character interactions were great, particularly between Hulk and Thor, Clint and Natasha, Hulk and Clint, and most of the characters themselves were pretty well done. As I've said I didn't think EMH was great in the beginning either, it took me I think 7 episodes to really love that. Did everyone here honestly love that show from the very beginning?

I did. That show was exciting. There was a little work to be done with the writing, but it FELT like an Avengers story. I'm giving this just enough of a benefit of doubt to see if it can build to that, but it's got a lot to live up to after the previous series hit me right out of the gate.

Jeph Loab and co are a novice when it comes to animation so I expected as much for the show to be the way it is, an 80's cartoon series set in the modern era.

This is what I feel Marvel should be geared towards in general with Animation, Movies and Video Game and that is to the syfy crowed and the last time I checked millions of syfy fans exist, this are the same people who love Marvel and DC Comics, the same with star wars, star trek, harry porter and transformers. Billion dollar industry of today thanks to the syfy crowed.

Comic book shows always attract teens, young adults and adults and its time for companies to realize that like Nick is with shows like legend of korra. They can make money from that crowed with there animated features cause to me, Animations is a different type of medium that can be used to explore a certain interest from another perspective, just like the billion dollar industry known as video games.

Back in the day who ever thought that video games would turn into the way it is today. It was for kids wasn't it, but look at it now, times have changed and it's time for Marvel's Animation to get with the program.

I am not saying this show is s**t or bad and what not even though the animation is a big of a let down cause it's not as good as Ultimate Spider-man, it looks very incomplete and that's strange and if you consider the animation great and awesome then you must be smoking something serious lol.

So I have decided not to continue this show because I feel it's not worth my time, I will catch up later it's not my priority I don't need it. I will be back to watch Marvel cartoons when they finally know their true audience and never ignore them again just to make a bug, which I believe without a shadow of a doubt they can make more money with kids and Teens and Young adults and adults to make up the family demographic.

Being the massive Hawkeye fan that I am I gotta say I was really pleased with how he was handled as the show went on. Perfect Clint. His lines were great and at times he stood out more than anyone else IMO.

I thought the show overall was good but not great. But I'll definitely stick around for a few more eps.

I just hope the charcter art work improves. I really liked the first season of EMH artwork/animation. Specifically the characters. in this new series seems like the backgrounds and effects have had some money spent on them, and they look good. The characters artwork seem less than stellar. Actually pretty average. Kinda 1990s incredible hulk cartoon series bad.

Pretty ****ing awful. I'm giving this show one more episode to impress me.

Being the massive Hawkeye fan that I am I gotta say I was really pleased with how he was handled as the show went on. Perfect Clint. His lines were great and at times he stood out more than anyone else IMO.

I thought the show overall was good but not great. But I'll definitely stick around for a few more eps.
As a Hawkeye fan, I'm satisfied to an extent.

The extent being that he's easily the best character on the show so far. Iron Man is annoying. Captain America is decent but I him playing second fiddle. Hulk is okay. Thor ... I don't even know, he's horrible. Black Widow is okay. Falcon, somehow, is even more annoying than Iron Man. Hawkeye is literally the only good character - although he wasn't as good in episode 2 as he was in episode 1.

The extent ends though when you compare Hawkeye AA to Hawkeye EMH. The EMH Hawkeye was perfect, as were most characters. Yes, EMH's had some problems - but this show has more.

Honestly, the first episode of AA was solid. I wasn't in love with it, but they handled my favourite character really well and it had a decent enough plot. 7/10. The second episode... I did not really enjoy. 4/10. It was just not as good and Falcon/Iron Man got even more annoying than in the first episode.

Just speaking for myself, absolutely. Better pacing, better and more intelligent plot, no disconnection between characters and backgrounds, no cheap effects, no lazy animation tricks. Comparing Pilots alone, EMH was superior, without the shadow of a doubt.

Quoted because I agree with every single thing that you said.

The "Breakout" two-parter is easily one of Marvel Animations crowning achievements.

Caught part of AA's second episode. Meh. The animation was better but that was it. It was nothing more than a noisy toy commercial and a reminder that everything at Marvel is dictated by the MCU in some way. It was silly how hard they were trying to convince the audience that Iron Man needs to be the leader.

Seriously? Even though in the MCU they clearly show how efficiently the Team works if Cap is the one calling the shots?

I was mostly referring to the one liners, roster members, and Iron Man's popularity. Didn't mean to imply Tony was the leader in the MCU Avengers. My bad.

No, I know what you meant. I just can't believe even though Cap's clearly the leader in the MCU, they try to show in the cartoon that Stark should be it. Especially with Loeb's lame attempt to have the cartoon ape the movies.

Ok. My bad again. I'm just out of it tonite.

Yea, Loeb is all over the place. One moment he's a synergy ****e and the next he does something completely out of the blue. It would be fine if he didn't consistently crank out crap products. I miss Yost.

They really give Thor a lot to do in this show. Loved the intense action of the second episode.

No, I know what you meant. I just can't believe even though Cap's clearly the leader in the MCU, they try to show in the cartoon that Stark should be it. Especially with Loeb's lame attempt to have the cartoon ape the movies.
That resolves that

OK, finally watched the 2nd Episode. Honestly liked it better than the first Episode, which was all over the place. Still have some animation nitpicks, but the there were only 2 things that really annoyed me this Episode. 1. Starks Armor being able to stop Red Skulls degenerative state. 2. And this part I actually really hate, Stark being made the Leader. Even though EMH showed why he didn't work as the Leader, and Cap obviously calling the shots in the Avengers Movie. But noooo, Ironman is so popular, that he gets promoted to team Leader. Just like Wolverine, in Wolverine and the X-Men.

I watched the first episode today and whilst I didn't hate it I didn't think it was that good either. Usually it does take me a few episodes to get into a show so I'm not about to write this off just yet.

I just felt the episode was rushed and disconnected. Also I'm still not sold on this animation style, it just looks weird to me.

Anyway I'll watch episode 2 tomorrow and hopefully that will change my outlook a little

Watched the second episode today and I found it better than the first I think this series should do fine the future story lines they hinted looks very interesting can't wait for Doom. Also loved the spidey Easter egg

Just watched both episodes. Wasn't great. Pretty average. A:EMH was definitely a lot better. I miss some of the old characters like Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Black Panther, Ms Marvel and Vision. It feels like a step backwards from how far they came with that cartoon. It also seems to set itself up as an informal sequel to that show, as if they disbanded and are now coming back together again. But if they are, why aren't those other characters getting the call?

I wish they didn't have to try to copy the movie and were just their own entity. In a movie this lineup might be ok but they're not so interesting for a cartoon. The story wasn't too interesting either. And having Modok in the series seems like it's going to be like Superhero Squad.

I'll watch it just because there isn't much else on at the moment during the summer but it's not so essential viewing. Makes me feel sadder about the passing of A:EMH.

Thor's "Fought bigger, beat badder!" moment was really cool to me. And then the way the Hulk rushed back out and slammed into him.

Another moment was when Hulk went through the floor trying to lift Mjolnir. Black Widow said, "Funny." Hawkeye replied with, "Kinda.", followed by the Hulk busting back up through the floor.

I just thought that entire fight between the two of them was pretty epic. There's a more dynamic energy to this action than the past Avengers cartoons, I think. EMH had some great action, but this seems to be more brutal and kinetic.

Thor's "Fought bigger, beat badder!" moment was really cool to me. And then the way the Hulk rushed back out and slammed into him.

Another moment was when Hulk went through the floor trying to lift Mjolnir. Black Widow said, "Funny." Hawkeye replied with, "Kinda.", followed by the Hulk busting back up through the floor.

I just thought that entire fight between the two of them was pretty epic. There's a more dynamic energy to this action than the past Avengers cartoons, I think. EMH had some great action, but this seems to be more brutal and kinetic.

Their fight was pretty cool, but Thor seems alot more hammer dependent in this show than he did in A:EMH and TA. I'd like to see more grappling and punching from him not to mention more weather powers.

All in all Part 2 of the pilot episode was lot better than Part 1 and I'm looking forward to seeing just what this show is made of.

I loved how he was using his hammer in this episode. There's plenty of time to show him without it and also displaying his weather powers, but this was great for a start. More epic than the EMH Thor vs Hulk fight, imo. It would have been cool so see Thor punch a few times, though. Did he do it a

He's already started to display his weather abilities but in resourceful ways, such as forming a wind tunnel to get the Avengers to the mansion sooner. I liked that part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"