• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

AWESOME "Arkham Asylum" short film

Yeah it was a little dark but just imagine it on a big screen...:wow:

That was f***ing awesome.

Thank you for capturing my second fav Batman story on film.

Now do DKR.

CFE

I saw this a while ago. It really is faithful to the comic. It's really 300-ish. I'd love to see a movie of the same style some day.

i love the style and atmosphere of this film but i dont like the batman at all...his shoulders look silly and his ears are way to big

WOW!!!

And to think that I always thought a direct translation of the comics couldn't work on the big screen. This is brilliant.

My only gripe, of course, is the huge shoulders. Now, they looked freaking amazing while Batman was standing still, but whenever he moves you can see how clunky they are. I sure it would look twice as worse when he starts fighting.

Except for the terrible looking costumes it looked really good. The special effects were impressive.

that might be how it is in the graphic novel but that doesnt mean in translates well to live action..the shoulders dont work when placed on an actor but in a still picture obviously it looks great

That was incredible, I wish it was longer. Thanks for the link Geekz :D. Batman looked so creepy and dark and something about a Spanish Joker seemed o so right.

I wish we could have something great like this. Maybe a DTV cartoon?

Whenever someone trots out that tired old "it wouldn't translate to film" excuse, this film should be shown to them so they know how wrong they are.

I'm almost speechless by how perfectly it captures the book--truly, absolutely fantastic.

Absoultly. Totally. AMAZING. :wow: :up:

Yeah, saw it on batman fan films. Absolutely brilliant. Would be a fantastic full feature. Now that technology has gotten so good to do this stuff at home, this might be a reality.

I've seen this a while ago and my opinion still stands, someone NEEDS to get this out to the WB and have them see it and show them that there is interest in getting this project made.

With the recent success of Sin City, 300, and most likely Watchman... I highly suspect they'll be looking for the next film adaptation to bring to the silver screen and this project is definitely it. Whoever directed this obviously knows the craft and knows how to translate the book to screen.

All I know is- if we show this to the WB, they might bring this guy in to do a feature film based upon this demonstration of what he can do for the property. Or they could put him on another from page to page to screen adaptation in the meantime due to the recent Batman films...

Get enough of the right people to see this and it could happen. Just like they made the sample of the possibility of adaptating 'Sin City', this should definitely be used as a sample for an Arkham Asylum film.

This guy may even be the next Guillermo del Toro. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but they're styles seem very very similar in nature. Watch Pan's Labyrinth and then compare the two.

It is my favorite fanfilm...truly captures the "essence of arkham asylum"
Pfft..I like it so much look at my avy.

That was suprisingly good. Professionally done. Fan films of any reasonable quality are always expensive (its a labor of love). So hats off to them.
Anybody seen the 'Grayson' mock trailer? Thats another great Bat fan film.

I'm not really a fan of the graphic novel as it was kind of hard to follow in a few places (I read it years ago when I was much younger...I might have a different perspective today) and the artwork, while trying to achieve a specific style and feel, wasn't really my cup of tea. Having said that, this fan film nailed it right on the head, with the exception of the look of the Joker (my only criticism). The look of the Batman (while not traditional by any means) is EXACTLY as it is in the novel. The facial expressions/grimaces (when he is fighting) could have been pulled from many examples in not only the graphic novel, but many panels of other Batman comics.

Does anyone know how this film was made? Is it CGI? Why can't Hollywood make a superhero movie like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"