• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy IF (Ryan Reynolds, directed by John Krasinski)

27M - The Fall Guy
58M - Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
35M - If

When people expected that this summer was going to be quiet at the box office, they weren't wrong.

27M - The Fall Guy
58M - Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
35M - If

When people expected that this summer was going to be quiet at the box office, they weren't wrong.
With no Marvel movie to kick off the season, May was always going to be quieter. The only real big guns this summer are Despicable Me 4, Deadpool & Wolverine and Inside Out 2.

With no Marvel movie to kick off the season, May was always going to be quieter. The only real big guns this summer are Despicable Me 4, Deadpool & Wolverine and Inside Out 2.
Yeah but I'm still expecting some surprise box office hits. But once again, like March 2024, the bigger numbers are going to come from franchises.

If's opening weekend number is a bit of a surprise since I thought it was tracking better (40million+).

Maybe this one gets some legs by word of mouth. Maybe parents are skeptical of it because of Ryan Reynolds and his association with Deadpool? Or maybe it's just not a good movie. lol

Maybe this one gets some legs by word of mouth. Maybe parents are skeptical of it because of Ryan Reynolds and his association with Deadpool? Or maybe it's just not a good movie. lol
I don't think it looks appealing. Replace Ryan Reynolds and the numbers would have been much worse.

Most parents are probably saving their money to Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4, for that family movie trip.

*Remembers a theater full of kids and their parents when I saw Deadpool 2*

Nah, that ain't it.

Most parents are probably saving their money to Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4, for that family movie trip.
This is probably the likelier reason, and if the reviews had been more glowing it might have motivated more people to venture out and watch it.

Personally I'm looking forward to watching this once it hits streaming just because I'm a fan of Krasinski's work but I was never going to see this in theaters.

was just going over the cast for this an realized Brad Pitt was listed as "Keith" the invisible IF

now where does Brad Pitt playing an invisible character sound familiar from??? lol

was just going over the cast for this an realized Brad Pitt was listed as "Keith" the invisible IF

now where does Brad Pitt playing an invisible character sound familiar from??? lol
Deadpool 2. He played as Vanisher. :dpl:

This has Amy Schumer and makes it an automatic and resounding "No" for me.

I’d say this was a good family film. Not the best of its sort, but it certainly entertained its main audience (the kids in the theater loved it). That’s to say maybe not a film many adults would gravitate to (just “ok” and not potentially annoying like Harold and The Purple Crayon will probably be), but I can easily envision it being a great experience as a parent if that makes sense.

If anyone is looking for a fun film to take their (little) kids to, although there’s some dark material here (below) - this is the current one.

the mom dies early on from cancer, but it’s not mentioned much afterwards; it is also so subtle many kids likely won’t know what happened (she’s seen bald in a hospital in her last scene)

It has kind of a Sesame Street vibe to it (and draws the same kinds of responses from kids), while still having material adults can latch onto if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Second cousin to Dem Senate Leader Chuck Schumer.

View attachment 91774
giphy.gif

I guess old Chuck had some pull in the standup circuit back in the day. :o

giphy.gif

I guess old Chuck had some pull in the standup circuit back in the day. :o
Let me cut this amendment for giving teamsters more vacation time, and you give her a movie with that Sofia Vagara. :o

This is why you don't do projects for your kids. Yeah Tommy Lee I see you. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"