Batman Begins Baby in Gordon's House?

I believe Gordon had James Jr from wife Barbara, when he had an affair with Sarah Essen a baby girl was born and Sarah decided named her Barbara after Gordon's wife that's from Year One if I'm correct.
Was my Y1 missing pages? He never had a kid with Essen in Y1.

Was my Y1 missing pages? He never had a kid with Essen in Y1.

Yeah...He never had a kid with Essen...At the end of Year One...Gordon and Barbara were in marriage counseling or something...

I hope in the next film they give Gordon's family even more screen time. To me, Gordon, his wife & the son did the best acting in the limited time they got outside of Ledger & Eckhardt, I thought they were terrific, the wife especially. I thought her reaction and acting towards Gordon's supposed death was superb, and in the ending she was great too. Wasn't too hard on the eyes either :oldrazz:

Seriously though, since the baby is NOT named, I don't see what's wrong with us to assume that the Gordon's could have been sitting for a relative or something, perhaps it's Barbara's (Gordon's wife) nephew?

No one seems to notice that Mrs Gordon is played by a different actress.

It was just a continuity error. TDK takes place a little over year after BB, as proven by Joker's line. The way the Nolans wrote the third act, it would have been very hard incorporate a baby into that scene. So they aged one of the kids to a little older, and added another one.

^^^why does everyone say that just b/c Joker said "a year ago" they think that the two were a year apart. he could very well mean, "at this point a year ago...and then stuff has happened since". and it's easier to estimate than trying to be exact and say something like, "seven months ago" or something like that.

i don't know, you may be right, though.

Even if it was more than just a year ago, both of Gordon's kids were more than 5 years old. That baby was a year old at best. And I doubt that TDK takes place more than 5 years after BB.

It was just a continuity error. TDK takes place a little over year after BB, as proven by Joker's line. The way the Nolans wrote the third act, it would have been very hard incorporate a baby into that scene. So they aged one of the kids to a little older, and added another one.

This is probably the truth. I don't really care, if you NEED an explanation, just say Gordon's babysitting on his free time. You could also argue "who was that woman in Gordon's home? That's not Barbara from TDK!" and while you're at it "What's up with the two Rachels?" :oldrazz:

How do we know the Gordon's weren't sitting for a relative or something? The kid could have been Gordon's nephew for all we know, it's not stated to be his kid. We get such a fleeting look at Barbara it's hard to tell it's not the same woman in "The Dark Knight" I had to look it up to find out it wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"