• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bad Scenes In Great Movies

Wesley Dodds

He Who Lurks ...
Reaction score
This is kind of a belated companion to my "Great Scenes In Bad Movies" thread.

Can anyone think of scenes they consider to be, in some way bad in movies they like? Think about it...

I'll get the ball rolling:

- The kiss that resurrects Neo at the end of The Matrix.
A mean, sleek, mind-blowing cyber-Punk thriller that took no prisoners... up until this really out of place scene in the ending that just feels like contrived, "True love conquers all" Hollywood bollocks.
It's so out of step with the rest of the movie.

- Superman changing time.
Ignoring the fact, that reversing the Earths orbit is NOT a viable means of time-travel, this idea takes all of the sense of deanger out've any subsequent adventures he could've had. I mean, once he realises he can do this, what's to stop him doing it Everytime something happens that he doesn't like? Nothing.
Plus, i would argue interrupting the natural flow of human history to selfishly save the girl he has a crush on is something Superman would just never do.

-The sex scene in Braveheart.
In fact any movie, in which the protagonist is out to avenge the death of a loved one an ends up gettin' some.
Kinda undermines his mission a little, no?
"I'm a broken man. With nothing left to live for but revenge... Take your clothes off."

Last edited:
The scene at the beginning of Swingers when the answering machine has a conversation with Mike (Jon Favreau). A movie full of realistic humor and situations (and one of my all-time faves), and we get that out of place, stupid scene.

The Butch/Fabienne scene in Pulp Fiction with all the pot belly and pie ********. I always fast forward that one.

In Aliens when Hudson (Bill Paxton :cmad:) starts showing Ripley how heavily armed they are. "Check it out...blah blah blah." "We are badazzes! Check it out...pulse rifles...smart missiles." If anyone else would have explained there weaponry...and I get they were showing the over-confident military life style but Paxton makes me :facepalm in that scene.

- The kiss that resurrects Neo at the end of The Matrix.
A mean, sleek, mind-blowing cyber-Punk thriller that took no prisoners... up until this really out of place scene in the ending that just feels like contrived, "True love conquers all" Hollywood bollocks.
It's so out of step with the rest of the movie.
I liked that scene. I thought it was really good.

- Superman changing time.
Ignoring the fact, that reversing the Earths orbit is NOT a viable means of time-travel, this idea takes all of the sense of deanger out've any subsequent adventures he could've had. I mean, once he realises he can do this, what's to stop him doing it Everytime something happens that he doesn't like? Nothing.
Plus, i would argue interrupting the natural flow of human history to selfishly save the girl he has a crush on is something Superman would just never do.
I was going to say this when I read the title. I agree so much. This scene is just a mess. Also, Im pretty sure that would do a hell of a lot more damage than good.

Its that and in Superman II when that ******ed kid is playing at the edge of Niagra Falls....he was letting go and catching on to the fence last minute....only one thing...theres millions of gallons of water pouring below and a bunch of jagged rocks. Seriously WHO does that? :dry:

In Aliens when Hudson (Bill Paxton :cmad:) starts showing Ripley how heavily armed they are. "Check it out...blah blah blah." "We are badazzes! Check it out...pulse rifles...smart missiles." If anyone else would have explained there weaponry...and I get they were showing the over-confident military life style but Paxton makes me :facepalm in that scene.
Yeah, that's in the directors cut of Aliens. I think it kinda' cool, mainly because Hudson is so funny. "Game over, man! Game over!"

Yeah, that's in the directors cut of Aliens. I think it kinda' cool, mainly because Hudson is so funny. "Game over, man! Game over!"

Heh. Agreed. Hudson rules.

Ripley: "Hudson, this little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training".

Hudson: "Why don't you put HER in charge!?"

One of my favourite lines in a movie EVER!

Heh. Agreed. Hudson rules.

Ripley: "Hudson, this little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training".

Hudson: "Why don't you put HER in charge!?"

One of my favourite lines in a movie EVER!
Hell yeah! Hudson's awesome!

"You want some! You want some! You want some! Oh, you want some too!"

LOL! Awww cut Hudson some slack. He's a loveable idiot.

*subscribes* interesting thread! let me see if I can come up with something..

Oh, i've got one! The finale of Ghostbusters 2! You know the scene were Rick Moranis is with the huge crowd outside the statue of liberty, he fires his proton pack at it right at the exact second the Ghostbusters save the day inside, making Moranis look like the hero to all the onlookers outside.

It's always really, really pissed me off that he got the credit for for what they did...

I've enjoyed Mission Impossible 2 but since a lot here seems to hate it, I'll add this one: The scene where Ethan Hunt stole Bellerophon and he was running and ripping off his disguise with that cool theme music on the background.

Oh, i've got one! The finale of Ghostbusters 2! You know the scene were Rick Moranis is with the huge crowd outside the statue of liberty, he fires his proton pack at it right at the exact second the Ghostbusters save the day inside, making Moranis look like the hero to all the onlookers outside.

It's always really, really pissed me off that he got the credit for for what they did...

That was played for laughs, and I'm pretty sure that anything positive that he recieved from that was short-lived, since it's fitting for the character that it turns out like that. I don't see anything bad with that scene.

Chocolate cake girl scene in Spidey 2, along with the "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head" montage.:facepalm

The 5 or 10 minutes between Bruce Willis and his girlfriend in Pulp Fiction

I've enjoyed Mission Impossible 2 but since a lot here seems to hate it, I'll add this one: The scene where Ethan Hunt stole Bellerophon and he was running and ripping off his disguise with that cool theme music on the background.

Oh I think I mixed up the title for this thread. I thought Great Scenes in Bad Movies.

That was played for laughs, and I'm pretty sure that anything positive that he recieved from that was short-lived, since it's fitting for the character that it turns out like that. I don't see anything bad with that scene.

Yeah, i know it was played for laughs and everything but my problem is, it's a laugh in the wrong moment in the movie, in the same way that reallly out of place 'Jameson buys a camera off the kid' at the end of SM3 was. Ghostbusters movies are basically "triumph of the underdog" stories. These stories NEED to end by giving their charcter's some sort of vindication... The first one understood this perfectly, it gave them their recognition at the end with the whole city cheering them on over the Ray Parker jr. end credits... The second one ends with a bad Rick Moranis gag?
Please.

the musical sequence in return of the jedi both versions
the hayden christenson edit of the ghost seen of return of the jedi
when batman gives the kid his night vision goggles in Begins
totally agree with the aforementioned pulp fiction scenes
The "Everyone is V" ending to V for Vendetta, other than that I really like that movie.

"I'm Rogue" from X-Men. Just that one line, it sounds so out of place and weird. She had no idea about the X-Men or secret identities or anything like that, but she introduces herself as Rogue.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it did sound off to me.

I mean, how could someone come up with a name like that out of nowhere? Did she have time alone and come up with names that best suited her?

I can't stand that taxi cab scene in Pulp Fiction with the driver chick in the accent. She's obsessed with death and keeps asking him if he killed someone.

Borat with the naked wrestling. What was the significance of that? I don't care what anyone says, that scene was just unessecary.

Chocolate cake girl scene in Spidey 2, along with the "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head" montage.:facepalm
Oh, come on. The song is perfect to go along with Peter and the things that have happened to him. Now he's free. The tune goes perfect with Peter's geeky and awkward demeaner. And the chocolate cake scene was really nice for me. He's just in the ****ing dumps and he's in this ****ting apartment and the fact that someone actually does something for him is great.

The "Six" part of the interrogation scene in TDK. Not that it was bad, just that soo many people were saying since he mouthed it he said "10" for some unknown reason.

Cake eating scene in Spider-Man 2
Superman kissing Lois Lane and making her forget and throwing the giant S.

Cake eating scene in Spider-Man 2
Superman kissing Lois Lane and making her forget and throwing the giant S.

Yeah that scene just seem to be thrown in there..........really awkward.

So nobody read what I wrote I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"