• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bad Scenes In Great Movies

The "Six" part of the interrogation scene in TDK. Not that it was bad, just that soo many people were saying since he mouthed it he said "10" for some unknown reason.

Why would that make it bad. :huh: Yeah that discussion was annoying but it shouldn't make it bad scene.

Heh. Agreed. Hudson rules.

Ripley: "Hudson, this little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training".

Hudson: "Why don't you put HER in charge!?"

One of my favourite lines in a movie EVER!

Now I do love that quote.

Oh, i've got one! The finale of Ghostbusters 2! You know the scene were Rick Moranis is with the huge crowd outside the statue of liberty, he fires his proton pack at it right at the exact second the Ghostbusters save the day inside, making Moranis look like the hero to all the onlookers outside.

It's always really, really pissed me off that he got the credit for for what they did...

What? Now that's funny!

Well you would have hated the Ghostbusters 3 idea of Chris Farley being the new recruit and Rick Moranis were going to have a pinnacle part saving Venkman, Winston, Ray and Egon.

Last edited:
I liked Moranis suiting up in GB2. It was pretty funny. Him just running off the bus in all that geari s enough to make anyone chuckle.

Now the statue of liberty thing on the other hand...

The "Six" part of the interrogation scene in TDK. Not that it was bad, just that soo many people were saying since he mouthed it he said "10" for some unknown reason.

they thought he was correcting the cop. as in, 'actually, i killed 10 of your friends.' but i digress.

i submit the barn climax from The Howling

they thought he was correcting the cop. as in, 'actually, i killed 10 of your friends.' but i digress.

i submit the barn climax from The Howling

Really?! I always got that he was shocked.

Really?! I always got that he was shocked.

that's my impression too, and the one that is pretty much accepted now. i was just trying to clarify the other argument, it is a cool and funny idead though.

The Joker dancing to Prince in Burtons Batman... Seriously, wtf was that all about?

The sex scene in Munich

Munich is in my top ten of all time favorite movies but my god that sex scene almost ruined the movie for me. I understand the idea behind , that an otherwise intimate moment between a man and his wife is ruined because of what the man has done.
It's just the way it was filmed just completely ruins it for me.

reversing the Earths orbit is NOT a viable means of time-travel

He isn't reversing the Earths orbit (how the hell would flying around the Earth really quickly do that anyway?). He's flying faster than the speed of light, which reverses the flow of time.

When Bruce aims the car at the helicopter in Die Hard 4. I really like this movie, but that was too much. At the very least they could have made it somehow accidental, or at the very, very least had a more ramp like structure that it was driven over.

Humping scenes in Transformers Revenge of the fallen (Yes, I thought that was a great movie... now lets stay on topic)

When Bruce aims the car at the helicopter in Die Hard 4. I really like this movie, but that was too much. At the very least they could have made it somehow accidental, or at the very, very least had a more ramp like structure that it was driven over.

Ohhh come on that scene is classic. That is the John McClane awesomeness at work.

That was too much for you :huh:
Not dissing you anything man but i would've thought the Fighter jet scene was just the moment where they went too far.

That was too much for you :huh:
Not dissing you anything man but i would've thought the Fighter jet scene was just the moment where they went too far.

But with the fighter jet scene it basically came down to McClane getting out of that scrape with a few well timed jumps, i can see how he got through that.

With the aiming the car at the helicopter, it's a concious decision he makes to do that, and it would have benefitted from making the turnstile things at the bridge's enterance a little more ramp like in structure to make it more logical that he would see a way to do that.
I loved the fighter jet scene, i thought they were really pushing it with outrageousness, but it was executed well, and i thought it stayed just on the right side of being awesome and not being totally ridiculous to be laughable.

Powers of mind: yeah, I still like the McClane attitude in the scene, I just wish they'd made it a little more plausible that he'd see a way of doing that by making it drive up something more ramp like.

Last edited:
But with the fighter jet scene it basically came down to McClane getting out of that scrape with a few well timed jumps, i can see how he got through that.

With the aiming the car at the helicopter, it's a concious decision he makes to do that, and it would have benefitted from making the turnstile things at the bridge's enterance a little more ramp like in structure to make it more logical that he would see a way to do that.
I loved the fighter jet scene, i thought they were really pushing it with outrageousness, but it was executed well, and i thought it stayed just on the right side of being awesome and not being totally ridiculous to be laughable.

Powers of mind: yeah, I still like the McClane attitude in the scene, I just wish they'd made it a little more plausible that he'd see a way of doing that by making it drive up something more ramp like.

Fair enough.
Although in my opinion i did feel that they just went too far with the fighter jet sequence. I always felt that the Die Hard movies were definatel grouded in reality. You definately had outrageous sequences but it's definately nothing that could happen to basically any cop. But the fighter jet scene just was OTT. Still a fun scene though :word:

The Butch/Fabienne scene in Pulp Fiction with all the pot belly and pie ********. I always fast forward that one.
I fast forward that scene every time. Amazing movie, BS scene.

In Aliens when Hudson (Bill Paxton :cmad:) starts showing Ripley how heavily armed they are. "Check it out...blah blah blah." "We are badazzes! Check it out...pulse rifles...smart missiles." If anyone else would have explained there weaponry...and I get they were showing the over-confident military life style but Paxton makes me :facepalm in that scene.
I rewind this scene. I love everything Hudson. "Me and my ultimate badasses will protect you." The look on Ripley's face. :hehe:

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal."

Watchmen, I liked the movie (didn't love it), but that sex scene with that ridiculous music was annoying.

I fast forward that scene every time. Amazing movie, BS scene.

I rewind this scene. I love everything Hudson. "Me and my ultimate badasses will protect you." The look on Ripley's face. :hehe:

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked pal."

Watchmen, I liked the movie (didn't love it), but that sex scene with that ridiculous music was annoying.

*HALELUJA HALELUUJJJAAAA* :oldrazz:

Also i agree with those defending Bill Paxton. His lines are pure gold.

that scene in The Dark Knight, on one of the boats(i forget which) where the captain, rather monotone, says "We're not dead. That means they haven't killed us yet". That was just :dry: + ultimate facepalm.

and that one cop in the squad car during the chase sequence "This isn't good. This really isn't good!" was just dumb. Plain and simple.

In Watchmen, the sex scene has grown on me, and i like it. The one scene that bugs me though is the scene after Rorschach beats up the cop in Blake's apartment and the cop's partner fires twice and somehow Rorshach pulls a Batman and disappears before the bullets hit him, yet the cop's eyes never leave Rorshach standing on the window ledge.

In Excalibur, a movie I love, the final confrontation between Mordrid and Arthur was very anti-climatic. Thankfully, the five insanely epic minutes after that more than make up for it.

and Kiss of The Vampire's climax. It's a Hammer film, an extremely underrated gem of a vampire movie. The climax itself, the idea of it, is awesome. The vampire hunter uses black magic and a huge swarm of vampire bats invade the head vampire's initiation ritual and kill the vampire and his disciples. But due to budget and limited technology, it's very underwhelming and very funny.

I second this. That was just awful.

I didn't like the finale to X-Men when Wolverine was trying to smash the mutant maker machine and Magneto was restraining him. The scene was blinding, the cgi didn't look good, and the actors looked really goofy.

that scene in The Dark Knight, on one of the boats(i forget which) where the captain, rather monotone, says "We're not dead. That means they haven't killed us yet". That was just :dry: + ultimate facepalm.
Oh god yes x 1000. I remember I trashed that line over on the TDK boards and there were still a bunch of clowns who were defending it. Come on, EVERY movie has at least one bad line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"