• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Great ACTION SCENES from Not-So-Great Movies

Jordacar

The Endless One
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere about great scenes in bad movies. This thread is all about action scenes from bad-to-mediocre films, car chases, fight scenes and the like.

And not just the scene itself, but what makes it awesome.

Go.

Last edited:
The freeway chase in The Fast and the Furious. Instead of some predictable bs like two cars with the good guy and the bad guy chasing each other, everything is turned upsidedown. The good guys are really the bad guys, the truck driver who's defending himself is the monster, everything is crazy as s***. I had no idea what was going to happen. :wow:

@ Warhammer. Ha Ha Ha. :applaud
Girl: keep an eye out for ya stingray.
Guy: duuuuuuh, yeah, seeee yaaa, duuuuuh.

Smith vs. Neo in Matrix Revolutions
Ice-Man vs. Pyro in X-3
Spider-Man vs. Sandman in Spider-Man 3

that library gun-fight from ultraviolet

the intro action scene in the first tomb raider

One that immeadiately comes to mind is the chase between the prototype race cars in Driven.

The one scene that immediately came to mind was the crane chase scene in Terminator 3.

Yea the movie sucked, but AMAZING chase scene its one of my all time favorites.

A bunch of scenes from Hard Target. John Woo's a great action director, but he can't make Van-Damme an actor.

Oh Cynthia Rothrock and her 90's direct to video kickboxing/martial art action films...

cynthia-rothrock-002.jpg

Probably every fight scene in Ong Bak.

In Bad Boys 2, there's the bit in the last act with the remote-control toy RV loaded with C-4 that the good guys use to take out the guards.

Let me see if I can recreate this scene. The audience (re: I) doesn't even know what it is or what it's for; the commando/survaillence guy has the joystick and he's trying not to get spotted, then he gets it to the guards at the bad guy's place, playing their little football game in the back yard. They see it doing donuts, they gather around wondering what the hell it is. (Did I mention I'm in the second row from the front? No? Well, keep that in mind.)
The little RV stops, the commando goes, "Sorry," and presses a button and BOOM!!!!!! Bodies flying everywhere, I'm screaming "O MY GOD!!! O MY GOD!!!!!!" I can't remember half of what happened in that movie, but one never forgets screaming out loud in the theater.

I knew that Michael Bay had an unsurpassed talent for blowing s*** up, but jeez!

I think Bad Boys 2 is a good film :p.

hmmm... its hard for me to pick, since generally if a movie has good action i think its a good movie.

oh oh, I got it. the last 10-15 minutes of Equilibrium. great, stylish action. but my god, everything up to it was boring as ****.

This was the first thing that popped in my head:

[YT]bPLXwrj7i7Q[/YT]

The One had some cool post Matrix fight scenes.

Spiderman & New Goblin vs Venom and Sandman from Spiderman 3

Final Bale fight scene in Equilibrium. Keanu and Common fridge gun fight in Street Kings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"