• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Great ACTION SCENES from Not-So-Great Movies

^My favorites are the fights with Nathan Jones. In round 1, Tony throws every move he has this 7' mountain of muscle, and Jones takes him down with a throw, a charge, and a kick.
[YT]a0pUOnpqerI[/YT]For round 2, Tony's ready with some strategy: don't let him touch you, use his strength and size against him, and go for the head as much as possible (the only part of him not made entirely of muscle). Never mind that one minute ago he broke 90 bad guy limbs, and he's still got enough energy to fight the Colossus of Boggo Road & friends.
[YT]bizrduWSCDI[/YT]

Everything that's action in Star Trek. The movie felt an awful dumbing down of the original but at least there were tons of good action.

brad pitt eric bana fight -troy
brad pitt owning the giant -troy

Peter vs Harry in the Osborn mansion in Spider-Man 3.

Guyver: Dark Hero (1994)

Though a sucky movie, I love the fights. Especially the final one.

[YT]Sqo7zXOphsQ[/YT]

I was just watching a scene from "Poseidon" again. I really didn't care for the movie, but the scene where the whole gang is squeezed into a vent shaft, with the end blocked and the water creeping up, still had me FREAKING OUT.:eek:

Everything that's action in Star Trek. The movie felt an awful dumbing down of the original but at least there were tons of good action.

Dude it wasn't dumbed down. Just because it added some "rock n' roll" to it doesn't mean it was dumbed down. Thsi film was meant to bring back Trek to the masses and be acceptable. It was an origin film introducing many many characters all over again. And there are themes of destiny and fate and friendship in the film with Roodenberry's overrall postive message ST always had.

The sequel will go more in depth like Abrams said.

Guyver: Dark Hero (1994)

Though a sucky movie, I love the fights. Especially the final one.

[YT]Sqo7zXOphsQ[/YT]

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

:csad:

Dude it wasn't dumbed down. Just because it added some "rock n' roll" to it doesn't mean it was dumbed down. Thsi film was meant to bring back Trek to the masses and be acceptable. It was an origin film introducing many many characters all over again. And there are themes of destiny and fate and friendship in the film with Roodenberry's overrall postive message ST always had.

The sequel will go more in depth like Abrams said.

I liked the movie but the uptopian outlook for the future was not present in that movie at all.

action scenes in tony jaa's movies are awesome but the movies are god awful, especially ong bak 2. that movie made no sense.

The footchase in Blade Trinity. At this point I realized that I'm a sucker for footchases in general.

[YT]yXIGP6_fNZk[/YT]

I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen that scene, and that is incredibly impressive. The fact that it is a single cut of that length and complexity would make Stanley Kubrik and Bian Deplma stand up and salute.

Another movie that I have a hard time classifying as good is Point Break, but just pick one of the many action scenes and it's a winner. Hell, I may take back what I said...the whole movie is an action scene!

The Chateau fight in Matrix Reloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"