Baldur's Gate 3

Discussion in 'PC' started by geetard, Feb 27, 2020.

1. geetard Rebirth

A bit disappointed it is turn-based unlike real-time with pause like the previous two in the series. Also, so far it looks like a reskinned Divinity: OS 2 but it's not surprising considering it's from the same developer and is using the same engine.

2. OutOfBoose #ReleaseTheAyerCut

Huge fan of BG2, this looks and feels nothing like it. I wouldn't even recognize it as a D&D game if it didn't have the title BG3. Disappointment.

DKDetective likes this.
  3. Marvolo Registered

I think it looks fantastic. My only concern is the down/death system. It sounds brutal.

4. geetard Rebirth

Looks like they've listened to the complaints about the past tense during dialogues.

#4 geetard, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  5. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin

Yeah, I am really upset about the decision to make it turn-based combat. They completely lost me with that decision. It should be real-time like the other BG games and Bioware/Black Isle D&D games.

6. geetard Rebirth

Mani-Man likes this.
  7. Mani-Man Registered

Neat, will this be avaliable for Consoles too?
    Would be sweet.

8. geetard Rebirth

Larian said no for current-gen consoles, but I think they'll eventually port to next-gen in a few years.

Divinity Original Sin 2 came out one year on PS4/XB1 after PC release (two years for Switch).

Mani-Man likes this.
  9. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin

The graphics and the style looks great, I just wish they would add a real time combat option rather than making the game strictly turn-based. Baldur's Gate and BioWare's Infinity Engine invented the Western real-time combat RPG. Going Japanese-style turn-based combat is blasphemy and I have no intention of playing it. I hate turn-based RPGs.

10. geetard Rebirth

Welp, I did something against my principles: I bought the Early Access.

The hype for this game and my love of the franchise were too big to resist... Sure, I was disappointed with the turn-based combat but I passed the Denial stage and been on the Acceptance stage for some time now. I bought the game on GOG and they have a 30-day refund policy so if there's anything I can get my full money back.

Took a couple of hours to go through the available classes and races last night. Behold my beautiful ginger dwarf!

[​IMG]

DKDetective likes this.
  11. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

Hehe sexy.
    Were not GB 1&2 turn base too, were they ? I played them back, my memory could be wrong.

12. geetard Rebirth

They were real-time with pause (RTwP) similarly to Icewind Dale and Dragon Age Origins. Sure if you paused enough to micro-manage your party and study the battle field, you could say it's "turn-based".

13. Marvolo Registered

Having to wait for the entire enemy group to go before anyone in your party could attack again was tedious in Divinity. There was no opportunity for strategy in the moment. Its better if a protagonist attacks, then an enemy, then a protagonist etc. It allows the player to actually respond to each attack action.

14. TheVileOne Registered

Somewhat ironic that BioWare has nothing to do with this game considering the utter ****show the company is these days. BioWare is a dead entity at this point.

geetard likes this.