Indy Next Gen Game Possibly Canned? And Neversoft Kicks Tony Hawk To The Curve

WOAH WOAH WOAH...

Deadpool cartoon in your av?

Oh man! :D

So there's a trailer out? I'm such a huuuge Deadpool fan, I gotta find this...

Nolan North voicing Deadpool = Huge win

Well i never understood why you would use Euphoria in **** because you are dealing with "unleashing" the force so why would objects need to feel ANY weight? You blast them back and such, it just didnt make any sense at all. I think if it had been more limited with Force Powers it would have made sense but it just didnt.

euphoria is for character movement and animation not physics. so it was there to make the troopers flap around in the air realistically and entertainingly as you threw them about, amoungst other things.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater on N64 (and later on Dreamcast) was amazing. THPS2 on PS was arguably even better.

And it peaked with Tony Hawk 3, which on Gamecube had amazing control. It was simply brilliant. And then they killed the formula when it became open world in Tony Hawk 4. And the music got progressively worse as did the gameplay. The last good one was American Wasteland and that was a shadow of how good the first three are.

The series has been over for years, glad Neversoft finally noticed. Too bad they are apparently never returning to the Gun franchise, as Gun was a great, albeit short, game that is the first good western game in years.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater on N64 (and later on Dreamcast) was amazing. THPS2 on PS was arguably even better.

And it peaked with Tony Hawk 3, which on Gamecube had amazing control. It was simply brilliant. And then they killed the formula when it became open world in Tony Hawk 4. And the music got progressively worse as did the gameplay. The last good one was American Wasteland and that was a shadow of how good the first three are.

The series has been over for years, glad Neversoft finally noticed. Too bad they are apparently never returning to the Gun franchise, as Gun was a great, albeit short, game that is the first good western game in years.

Neversoft should go back to the Spider-man franchise.

I got this link from Kotaku. It has some early screenshots and videos of the game. Sucks that it was cancelled.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten an Indy game recently, myself. You'd think it's a no-brainer with the recent Indy movie, Tomb Raider's surge in popularity after Legend and Anniversary, and Uncharted basically doing Indy better than Indy himself in any of his video games. Although the movies have a nice blend of historical fiction and action, which would allow the game to distinguish itself from Uncharted and Tomb Raider with a more adventurey take rather than mostly action with a bit of puzzles (Uncharted) or mostly puzzles with a bit of action (Tomb Raider). Indy could be a more even split.

There an Indy game that came out not too long ago. It was called The Staff of Kings or something like that. It wasn't a next gen title, though. I think it only came out on the Wii and PS2

Meh, useless. I want to see Indy mixing it up in lush tropical rainforests and enormous lost cities and stuff. Next-gen Indy must happen someday.

There an Indy game that came out not too long ago. It was called The Staff of Kings or something like that. It wasn't a next gen title, though. I think it only came out on the Wii and PS2

Meh, useless. I want to see Indy mixing it up in lush tropical rainforests and enormous lost cities and stuff. Next-gen Indy must happen someday.

Yea Staff of Kings was planned to drop on the next gen systems. Using Euphoria and DMM, but for some reason they dropped it and just made a lame ass Wii version. Watching some of the early footage is tough, cuz the game looked really cool. Loved the way the combat looked.

Weren't there already rumors that the next gen Indy was cancelled months ago?

I remember after Lucas Arts laid off a ton of people that some of that stuff leaked.

Yea, the 360/PS3 version of Staff of Kings was canned.

Tony Hawk Ride = Epic Fail. Not that anyone should be surprised. The game is now out and reviews are coming and it looks like not only is it a crap game but the worst of the entire series. Seems Activision taking a year off hasnt done anything for it. Heres what IGN said

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1048628p2.html

2.0 Presentation
This is about as bad as it can get. Dysfunctional, ad-ridden, frustrating, and filled with long load times, the presentation is bad enough to actually make the game less fun.

5.5 Graphics
Unfortunately, the flashy into menu is not indicative of the game itself.

8.0 Sound
The soundtrack is a winner. Some of the effects and crowd noises could be better.

5.0 Gameplay
On casual it feels like it plays itself. Turn up the difficulty and the control and camera make it frustrating.

3.0 Lasting Appeal
The game is really short. The multiplayer suite is really bad. The fun doesn't last long, if it ever even gets started.

Meh OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Doesn't surprise me at all. The gamers that actually like skateboarding games prefer moving the d-stick a certain way and hit buttons and the character performs a move that would get some high marks from the scorers. Actually having a skateboard as a controller might only seem cool to those who are actually good at skateboarding.

doesnt help that its so expensive bc you are paying for a peripheral that wont be used outside of this title bc I doubt it will even get a sequel.

That $120 price point isn't appealing.

"for the price of 2 games at full price, or 4 games at half off, I could buy a skateboard controller with a game so I can suck at virtual skateboarding just like I do in real life? what a deal!"

The board also doesn't function very well, and the game looks like ****. What a stupid idea.

"This board is full of technology." -TH

It doesn't really surprise me. Activision is really into peripherals because they make the box bigger, thus giving them more space at retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"