Indy Next Gen Game Possibly Canned? And Neversoft Kicks Tony Hawk To The Curve

Finally and most importantly, that style of music just doesn't appeal to very many people. I would imagine some dude picking it up and seeing Daft Punk on the box and being like, "Eww, gay." or something. And thus you lose most of middle America.

Most of middle America are *****e bags:cmad:

I think that the underwhelming sales of DJ Hero, combined with the terrible reception of Tony Hawk Ride will be enough to break Activision's peripheral addiction. The reason why more games didn't use peripherals until now is because it's difficult to make a profit off of them. They cost a lot of money to design, test, fix, and distribute, and if the game they use isn't a hit then there's not much hope of selling a lot, which means all of the R&D money goes down the drain.

With DJ Hero, there is a possibility that Activision will recoup their losses from it with a sequel, but it was not the quick and easy buck that Activision was expecting it would be. With THR, Activision has pretty much hit a wall right out of the gate with it. People complain that the controller doesn't work right and that the game itself is ass, and on top of that as far as I can tell no-one is buying it. It was a big investment for Activision that they made because they thought it was a sure thing, but it ended up biting them in the butt. For all that R & D they have a game design that people hate, and a controller that they complain does not work well enough to build a game around. Customers aren't going to drop $120 on a crappy game, especially the long term investment is highly questionable.

To quote Jeff Gerstmann in his review:

"While the Tony Hawk franchise has been down on its luck lately, and was probably in need of a reboot as dramatic as this, the execution is such a miserable failure that it manages to splash even more mud on Tony Hawk's legacy. I'm left with a firm belief that whichever side of the Tony Hawk/Activision partnership has the out clause in the contract should just exercise it and part ways for good. Enough is enough."

Didn't Guitar Hero 5 have underwhelming sales?

And...Band Hero?

****, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, DJ Hero and Tony Hawk Ride. All of those are over $129.99. I'm curious to see how far apart each release has been from eachother.

Why cant they just go back to the greatness of Tony Hawk 4? What really killed the series was the heavy MTV influence they let it have. Tony Hawk Proving Ground, started to go away from that but the gameplay was just bad. Too bad that the series is just a joke and has further reinforced that

Personally I thought Tony Hawk started going downhill at the third installment.

Tony Hawk 1 and 2 were awesome. I played them forever when they came out.

when all else fails maybe a remake is the way to go. They should released a Tony Hawk Classics for XBL and PSN. It would be great for that if they redid a good number of the levels from Tony Hawk 1-4 with current gen graphics and technology, while retaining the old gameplay mechanics and physics. No MTV gimmicks, walking, 1 big connected world or storymode from the latter titles; just classic skating. Tony Hawk 4 was one of the best online multiplayer games when it was released and todays systems are much better equipped to handle that. Guys think an XML/PSN title like this could work?

For the people that liked the Tony Hawk games, perhaps.

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but I just saw Best Buy has Band Hero and DJ Hero at a lower price.

DJ Hero is now going for $99.99 (down from $119.99) and Band Hero is going for $149.99 (down from $199.99).

I would imagine some places will go lower the closer we get to christmas.

I might actually pick up DJ Hero if it goes as low as my prediction earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"