Indy Next Gen Game Possibly Canned? And Neversoft Kicks Tony Hawk To The Curve

skate is the new top dog.

It blew my mind away when I saw that Tony Hawk was sent into the direction it got sent on.

skate is the new top dog.

It blew my mind away when I saw that Tony Hawk was sent into the direction it got sent on.

Maybe their license with Tony Hawk is expiring, so Activision didn't feel like investing any more money into this franchise.

Man, LucasArts sucks. No Battlefront 3 OR Indy game? WTF are they doing playing with their wangs?

Man, LucasArts sucks. No Battlefront 3 OR Indy game? WTF are they doing playing with their wangs?

They're working on, if I remember correctly, more than one Star Wars game and there have been a few job listings, including a listing for a mutliplayer/networking engineer. On all those listings, the 360 and the PS3 are mentioned.

I'd love a Star Wars game with co-op and/or multiplayer (Seems like we might get one). The Force Unleashed was going to have some sort of multiplayer (they never gave details) and then one day they just stopped talking about it.

A while back I posted info on what other games LucasArts considered making, before going with The Force Unleashed. Some of those sound interesting and I'd like to see them get made.

Anyway...They've released every game they had announced (besides The Old Republic of course) so hopefully they'll announce some new game soon. Maybe at Spike's Video Game Awards. They've mentioned that there are going to be around 10 unannounced games revealed. Tron and a shooter from 2K Games are the only ones they've shown so far.

They should just copy and past Uncharted 2 if they're ever going to make an Indiana Jones game.

I didn't expect Tony Hawk to climb back ontop...but man, are those reviews a disaster.

A 3.5 from Gamespot? For a $129.99 game?

That's a bad sign, if there's to be any.

I wonder is stores will even stock it well. Since it comes with a peripheral its going to take alot of space. At least that was justified with GH and Rockband bc those sold great and got good reviews, but I dont think THR will be worth keeping in stores. Thats another thing that could work against it.

I dunno, that's a good question.

I hear that stores are starting to order less and less of games like these, because they take up so much stock space. I think there have been problems with peripheral games just sitting on shelves collecting dust and taking up space when you could maybe have an extra 100 or so copies of an Uncharted 2 or Assassin's Creed 2...

I dunno. My guess is some might be overstocked, others just might be cautious because of what has happened in the past.

I think if we see some super price cuts this Christmas...we might know for sure. If I can end up finding DJ Hero for like $80 it could be a sign that they just want to move these games and not let them sit.

They're oversaturating the market, I think.

DJ Hero hasn't been selling well at all. Which to me isn't a surprise, but I do find it a shame because by all accounts it's a pretty cool game.

DJ Hero hasn't been selling well at all. Which to me isn't a surprise, but I do find it a shame because by all accounts it's a pretty cool game.

I blame Activision for saturating the market with too many games of this genre. Not long after GH5, they proceed to release Band Hero as well as DJ Hero, and all three are peripheral-based games. I think gamers are just wary of all these games coming out in short period of time.

Maybe Lucas Arts should let Naughty Dog do an Indy game. That'd be awesome, Drake is a poor man's Indy anyway. :oldrazz:

Maybe Lucas Arts should let Naughty Dog do an Indy game. That'd be awesome, Drake is a poor man's Indy anyway. :oldrazz:
I dont think Naughty Dog would nor would Sony want them to. If anything Id see Indy being used as a legend and plot in an Uncharted game, similiar to how the last games have used Marco Polo and Sir Francis Drake, and Im not sure if LucasArts would want just that

I blame Activision for saturating the market with too many games of this genre. Not long after GH5, they proceed to release Band Hero as well as DJ Hero, and all three are peripheral-based games. I think gamers are just wary of all these games coming out in short period of time.

As I much as I would like to, I can't blame Activision. DJ Hero just doesn't have the same broad appeal as a Guitar Hero or more specifically a Rock Band.

Those games are first and foremost party games. Like, if you're playing Rock Band by yourself then you're doing it wrong. Those games are primarily multiplayer experiences, and DJ Hero is almost entirely a solo game. So you lose people who want to play with others.

Also, DJ Hero is hard apparently. And challenge is something that Neversoft and Harmonix have really shied away from in the last couple of years. There you lose people who aren't concerned with being good at the game and just want to have fun.

Finally and most importantly, that style of music just doesn't appeal to very many people. I would imagine some dude picking it up and seeing Daft Punk on the box and being like, "Eww, gay." or something. And thus you lose most of middle America.

But I certainly agree that Activision has flooded the market with music games. Since 2007 there have been 18 "Hero" games released. That's ****ing ridiculous.

I played the first Tony Hawk game for like 5 minutes, and then went back to playing Baldur's Gate. As for the music games, nothing about them has appealed to me.

I dont think Naughty Dog would nor would Sony want them to. If anything Id see Indy being used as a legend and plot in an Uncharted game, similiar to how the last games have used Marco Polo and Sir Francis Drake, and Im not sure if LucasArts would want just that

Lucas should make a deal with Sony to buy Naughty Dog then. I want a good Indy game damnit! :oldrazz:

Naughty Dog should make an Indiana Jones game
Incognito should make a Star Wars: Battlefront game
Gamers should be happy!

But you can play them all as Lego figures!!!!11!!!!1!!

/shoots self

wait until the shopping season starts tomorrow.

It is almost a shame that DJ had to be the sacrificial lamb necessary to kill off the gimmick game fad, because by all accounts it is a top notch rhythm game. We were getting pretty out of control with the peripheral craze though, so hopefully we'll get to go back to quieter times soon. I don't mind having a bunch of plastic instruments for Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but for a turn table, accordian, basoon, skateboard, washboard, bill board, and whatever other nonsense Activision can come up with, it starts getting old.

BTW, the DJ Hero turntable would be perfect for playing Tempest!

Could get some killer spins in driving games if they're your bag

I dunno...the way it's looking, Tony Hawk Ride could be the lamb being killed here.

But, I hear you. DJ Hero is, by all ccounts I've heard, a great game.

I don't think DJ Hero's bad sales are DJ Hero's per se. I think there is a massive market open to it. Hip-Hop is as big, if not bigger, than any other music genre. I think the prospect of a Hip-Hop induced rhythm game has massive appeal.

Rockstar's Beaterator might be what the doctor ordered in that category.

How many of these peripheral games have been released this year alone? Because I know that most of them have been by Activision. I don't understand how they think they can allow any of them to be successful if they clutter the market with it.

And, I dunno if they've heard...but lately, not everyone is swimming in loads of cash. People are more strapped for cash, so it's super-unlikely that people will spend wads and wads of cash on games that cost this much.

Maybe if the gaming market was starved for games, but with great games being sprinkled across this year (especially now, at the end) Why wouldn't someone instead spend the money they would on DJ Hero, instead on getting two or three games that are massive hits right now?

I personally have always thought the main fault with DJ Hero is that the peripheral has to be placed on a solid surface. I certainly dont have that kinda space. Atleast with Guitar Hero, you can just stand there with a Guitar strap round your neck. I'm sure its one of many contributing factors though.

I knew that the peripheral game market was getting oversaturated when someone asked me "So what's the difference between Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero?" and I actually had to look it up, because I had no idea. By the time most people have saved up for one game, Activision has already put out a sequel or spinoff, so they really are making more games than people can buy. If they had just stick to doing annual and bi-annual sequels for their big franchises and alternated on a yearly basis, instead of trying to release all of them multiple times a year until people stop buying them, they wouldn't have all this doom and gloom on the horizon.

Activision shot up to #1 by riding on a bubble, and that bubble is about to pop. They were so focused on milking what they thought was "the big thing" that now they have no idea what the next big thing will be. Someone else has been searching for the next big thing in Activision's shadow, and when they bring it to market Activision is going to fall on their ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"