The Dark Knight BALE in THE GODFATHER RETURNS adaptation

Sincnarf

Civilian
Reaction score
Would it be "classic" if Christian Bale portray Michael Corleone in a Godfather movie, say, an adaptation of The Godfather Returns? He is certainly in the Pacino/Deniro calibre in terms of physical appearance and acting prowess.

bale3_800x600_jpg.jpg

Wow. No. Not ever.

There shouldn't ever be another Godfather movie. The three that were made were awesome, but the story ended. No more Godfather movies.

Sincnarf said:
Would it be "classic" if Christian Bale portray Michael Corleone in a Godfather movie, say, an adaptation of The Godfather Returns? He is certainly in the Pacino/Deniro calibre in terms of physical appearance and acting prowess.

bale3_800x600_jpg.jpg

No, it wouldn't.

No, he's not.

Rodney Dangerfield would have been better.He could have done The Godfather Christmas special-Great entertainment for the whole family!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO NO NO!!!! Bale is good but no where near as good as Pacino or any of the other actors in the godfather trilogy. There shouldnt even be another godfather movie. Its done!!! They are classic movies and shouldnt be touched ever again.

Steelsheen said:
which one physical appearance or acting prowess? ;)

iceberg325 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO NO NO!!!! Bale is good but no where near as good as Pacino or any of the other actors in the godfather trilogy.

^ What he said.

iceberg325 said:
There shouldnt even be another godfather movie. Its done!!! They are classic movies and shouldnt be touched ever again.

Poseidon anyone?

Of course not. No one will ever make another Godfather movie that even resemble the original ones quality.

Bale might well yet prove himself to be an actor on a par with some of those mentioned.

But he is British, not Italian American. A large part of the resonance of the performances of Pacino, De Niro et al is a result of the fact that they felt that they had some kind of investement in and experience of the culture which was portrayed.

iceberg325 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO NO NO!!!! Bale is good but no where near as good as Pacino or any of the other actors in the godfather trilogy. There shouldnt even be another godfather movie. Its done!!! They are classic movies and shouldnt be touched ever again.

ey come on dude thats not fair to Bale. when was the last great big film epic did he do that was Godfather level? Empire of the Sun? and he was what 12?

he a very talented guy and his commitment to his craft is insane. he can realistically reach Pacino's level of craft when he reaches his age.

but to address the topic of the thread: no. Godfather should not be remade untill after 100 years.... maybe.

that book will probably never be adapted, then again its Hollywood.

Bales damn good, and personally I think he could be on par with the likes of Pacino and DeNiro, whom each have made some pretty crappy movies lately

regwec said:
Bale might well yet prove himself to be an actor on a par with some of those mentioned.

But he is British, not Italian American. A large part of the resonance of the performances of Pacino, De Niro et al is a result of the fact that they felt that they had some kind of investement in and experience of the culture which was portrayed.

And the fact that it was written by Puzo and directed by Coppola. Well, Coppola will never make another one and Puzo's dead....so NEVER. I do think Bale has a great intensity reminiscent of Pacino in the film, but a sequel? Hell no.

i hated the godfather, especially the third one... And why the hell is this in the batman forums???

Batman will bring down the Corleone family in a second, maybe they should have that as a movie,

Batman Takes on the Godfather!

"For the first time Watch Batman Kick the corleone familys Ass!" :D

Another Godfather movie? Nope . . . they tried that already . . . it was called the Godfather III, and we all know how that turned out . . .

Super Flight said:
i hated the godfather, especially the third one... And why the hell is this in the batman forums???

Batman will bring down the Corleone family in a second, maybe they should have that as a movie,

Batman Takes on the Godfather!

"For the first time Watch Batman Kick the corleone familys Ass!" :D

How about Bale as Maroni, The Joker, and Selina?

Hell, Eddie Murphy plays multiple roles all of the time. And quite well I might add.

^What a sexy suggestion you make :D

Steelsheen said:
ey come on dude thats not fair to Bale. when was the last great big film epic did he do that was Godfather level? Empire of the Sun? and he was what 12?

he a very talented guy and his commitment to his craft is insane. he can realistically reach Pacino's level of craft when he reaches his age.

but to address the topic of the thread: no. Godfather should not be remade untill after 100 years.... maybe.

ummm Bale is definatly a good actor...but Pacino like???

im a fan of Pacinos, though not the biggest fan in the world (his immense similarities in every role he plays is the one draw back for me) but still a fan, and its a different breed...Pacino literally reaches different levals of intensity then most any actor on the planet does, the only ones who have that same capability (Liotta) aren't as strong in other areas that Pacino is

there shouldn't be a Godfather Returns, ever, thats about as stupid an idea as Casablanca Re:Duex (ooh wait...) you don't **** with the almost near flawlessness of that trilogy (first 2 especially) by going back once more

Again Bale is a good actor...but (if a Godfather Returns happens) how many Englishmen where in the old ones??

they would probobly get Sopranoesque actors like Micheal Imperliolli, Staney Tucci, Paul Sorvino, and a James Gandolfini who are already established Mob actors

The Godfather never needs to be remade. NEVER.

raybia said:
How about Bale as Maroni, The Joker, and Selina?

Hell, Eddie Murphy plays multiple roles all of the time. And quite well I might add.

I rather that than a Godfather remake.

El Payaso said:
I rather that than a Godfather remake.

How about... Eddie Murphy playing multiple roles in a Godfather remake! That way everyone wins!

L0ngsh0t said:
ummm Bale is definatly a good actor...but Pacino like???

im a fan of Pacinos, though not the biggest fan in the world (his immense similarities in every role he plays is the one draw back for me) but still a fan, and its a different breed...Pacino literally reaches different levals of intensity then most any actor on the planet does, the only ones who have that same capability (Liotta) aren't as strong in other areas that Pacino is

there shouldn't be a Godfather Returns, ever, thats about as stupid an idea as Casablanca Re:Duex (ooh wait...) you don't **** with the almost near flawlessness of that trilogy (first 2 especially) by going back once more

Again Bale is a good actor...but (if a Godfather Returns happens) how many Englishmen where in the old ones??

they would probobly get Sopranoesque actors like Micheal Imperliolli, Staney Tucci, Paul Sorvino, and a James Gandolfini who are already established Mob actors

dude you're comparing 32 year old Bale with 66 year old Pacino, of course Pacino will be a heckuva lot more experienced than Bale is now. if comparissons are to be made it should be between Bale's performances now with 32 year old Pacino back in the day. that would be around 1972, the year when Pacino worked on The Godfather. as good was Pacino was on that film, it was obvious that he can definitely still improve on his craft (which he did of course). Bale has the same dedication and talent now as Pacino did in his age, hence my statement that Bale, when he reaches Pacino's age, has every potential to be as good as he is.

now about the Godfather remake, well you can never tell the kind of talents they will have in 100 years-- or the kind of audience for that matter. but to do a remake of the classic before then? not a good move.

Steelsheen said:

I think he is a very good actor. I even thought he was good in the Newsies lol. I think what it is is that I love the godfather movies. I cant picture anyone fitting in the shoes of deniro, pacino, caan, brando, duvall etc... I guess you can call me bias. lol. sorry Im a godfather fanboy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"