The Dark Knight Rises Bale says he'd like to do a third one

abcdefz

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20184780,00.html

Here's part of it from Entertainment Weekly:

So do you think there will be a part 3 of Batman?
Um, look, let's wait and see...

Or, I guess it'd be part 7.
No, no, no, no, no. [Smiling] Part 3 is what I'd consider it, yeah, I don't say part 7. Batman begins — that was the beginning there, with all due respect to the others. We are re-creating this. You know, obviously the decision is out of my hands. I would, knowing the Dark Knight story, I would like very much to complete a trilogy. And I think that knowing the story of The Dark Knight, it leaves you anticipating something that really can get very, very interesting for a third. Now, the question would be: Is Chris going to be doing it? Because to me I find it tricky to imagine working on it without it being a collaboration with Chris.

Back to The Dark Knight: Can you talk a little bit about what it was like to work with Heath Ledger?
Yeah, I'm absolutely fine talking about him. You know, I don't like kind of trivializing the tragedy in conjunction with an interview to do with the movie, which is clearly far less important. But Heath was a joy. He really was like that, because he was a very unique man. I enjoyed watching him work, working with him — you know, we had a lot of the old gang from the first one together, and then there were new members, Heath obviously included. What was so great to see with Heath is just how seriously he took it. And we don't mean in any way to sound sort of pretentious with that, but just in the fact that if we don't take it seriously, then how can any audience ever take it seriously? And he did one hell of a job. You know, you were out there [at the Warner Bros. presentation earlier in the day] — you saw those clips?

That was my first time, yeah.
That was the first time I'd seen it as well — and it's wonderful, it's fantastic, and, you know, it gave me goose bumps throughout, looking at Heath up there. And I just hope that this can celebrate him, celebrate his work.

Well he is contractually obligated for a third so it's not like he can say "eh we'll see". Good interview though I liked this part especially best

What was so great to see with Heath is just how seriously he took it. And we don't mean in any way to sound sort of pretentious with that, but just in the fact that if we don't take it seriously, then how can any audience ever take it seriously?

Let's just hope they play it smart, and keep with the good storytelling like they did in the first, and hopefully in the second.

Somehow I see the quality of this trilogy increase as it evolves. Nolan is no Gore Verbinski or the Wachowski siblings he has proven to be a solid storyteller no matter what genre he tackles. So I have no doubt he could maintain a consistent trilogy that doesn't contradict his first movie and only improves on it.

Bale & Nolan for Bat 3! if Nolan is back then count Bale in. It's like Keaton & Burton you know, after they left look what third & fourth movies.

Thank you for posting this. As has been mentioned he probably can opt out of a third film if he really didn't want to do it. Like Keaton and Kilmer. But I hope both he, Nolan and the rest will do another. I guess time will tell.

Angeloz

Thank you for posting this. As has been mentioned he probably can opt out of a third film if he really didn't want to do it. Like Keaton and Kilmer. But I hope both he, Nolan and the rest will do another. I guess time will tell.

Angeloz

You're welcome.

Yeah -- I'm sure there's always some way out of a contract. Especially if a studio wants to work with you again.

Didn't Bruce Willis get out of some movie by agreeing to do The Sixth Sense? Or something like that.

Of course, that's probably different than some huge franchise picture.

Interesting when he said he can't imagine doing a third without collaborating with Nolan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"