The Dark Knight Is Heath ledger to young to play the joker?

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
This probably has been talked about but I think it is a very important aspect so anyway Heath is a great actor,he has never done a bad guy part before,but that's maybe what nolan was looking for.I respect nolan and trust him completely,but however as good an actor ledger may be Iam concerned that he may be too young to play the part,I mean bale in my eyes looks much older and mature than ledger in a good way of course. Height doesn't worry me because bale is 6'0 and heath is 6'1 so that part its perfect,plus heath will have a transformation with all the make-up and his performance, as I said my main concern is that maybe people will go and say oh is that the joker, isnt he a bit too young.
This may sound as a nitpick but atleast for me this is really important,don't know about you guys.eventually we will see,Iam with nolan on what ever decisions he makes he knows what he's doing I just want to know what you guys think.

Under the makeup, they can always add lines and such to give him a few years.

StorminNorman said:
Is Christian Bale to short to play Batman?

There isn't that big of a difference between 6'3 and 6'0, so no.

StorminNorman said:
Is Christian Bale to short to play Batman?

No. He's like 6'3. Legder will be about 29 I think when the picture is released and I think that's about right. The Joker would have just been 'created', so of course he'll be young-ish. The more I think about it, the more I think Ledger will do a excellent jorb as The Joker.

The Fallen said:
No. He's like 6'3. Legder will be about 29 I think when the picture is released and I think that's about right. The Joker would have just been 'created', so of course he'll be young-ish. The more I think about it, the more I think Ledger will do a excellent jorb as The Joker.

I remember now.

He's the same height as Michael Caine, who is 6'2.

They had a picture a few years ago prior to Begins showing Caine and Bale standing side-by-side and being very identical in height.

The Fallen said:

Exactly. That is the point I was making with my question :(

He is slightly perfect for this role. :up:

How about, "is heath leger too PRETTY to be playing the joker?"

...you know what i mean!

This is year 2 Batman (or somethin like that) so it's a young Joker, he's fine. Not too young, not too old, as Goldielocks would say: "just right."

Prognosticator said:
How about, "is heath leger too PRETTY to be playing the joker?"

...you know what i mean!

Is Christian Bale to skinny to play Batman?

StorminNorman said:
Is Christian Bale to skinny to play Batman?
When he was in Machinest.

StorminNorman said:
Slightly Perfect? I like it.
Yeah, It reminds me an old song that said: "Mom I think I am slightly pregnant".
I mean, there's no half term about these things.
It's like: that fish is slightly dead.
Perfect. Period.

Mee said:
When he was in Machinest.

And yet he had no problem when it came to actually filming Begins. I think Ledger's "prettiness" problem will be gone as soon as we see Mista J.

I think he's too pretty. nevermind young.

we'll see how he looks when all's said and done but yeah that's what i think for now

Absolutely not. I'm looking forward to a younger Joker.

Didn't Brokeback Mountain span a few decades or something? So doesn't Ledger at some point play someone in like his 40's? If Ledger can play 40, he can play whatever age they want for the Joker.

No! Ledger has right height and be young Joker, which I wanted.

Ledger is fine. And I'm sure that the heavy makeup with make his age more ambigous

i thought it was totally a crap brained idea. pretty boy Ledger, no! but then i took it to the mattresses and struggled with it and yeah, i think he might do alright.
ledger.jpg

No, like other people have said, it's a younger Joker in a younger Batman universe, plus I'm sure Nolan wanted someone close to Bale's age. StorminNormin's avatar rules by the way................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"