The Dark Knight Bale's weight for TDK

not_a_victim

Sidekick
Reaction score
Back when BB first came out, I swear I think I read Bale stated he wanted to gain anywhere between 20-30 pounds for the sequel. He wanted it to be all muscle, to get himself more inline with the comic look of Bats.
Am I deluding myself, or did anyone else read/hear this as well? I am not saying that it is true, just that for some reason, I seem to remember reading it somewhere.
It had something to do with the fact that he gained good weight for BB, then the producer(s) told him to slim back down to fit into the suit, but for the next movie, he was determined to go into it more musclular that BB.
If I am wrong, please correct me, and if so, lock the thread.
Later.

He will never get taller... he ain't the ideal Bruce but 20-30 pounds??? That's a little too much...

I don't know if he said it, but I think thats a good idea actually. I'd like to see a bit thinner and more flexible suit, and it would probably be best if he bulked up a bit more if they do indeed go that way. A few weeks ago there was a rumor about the suit being changed in a functional way, so its possible...

He was in good shape for BB, but I wouldn't mind at all if he bulked up a little more.

I think he had good mass for BB, but I would prefer it if he was more toned.

Orko Is King said:
I think he had good mass for BB, but I would prefer it if he was more toned.

He'll look a lot better since he won't be training for TDK with a starting weight of 120 pounds.

Remember the way he looked in American Psycho? That's how I think he should look in TDK. A little less mass I think, but more toned.

I don't really see any reason for him to be more toned. If you're out fighting dangerous criminals with your bare hands, it doesn't really matter how well-toned your abs are, it matters how hard you can hit and how much abuse your body can take. From a practical standpoint, it makes more sense to be out there looking like a linebacker than looking like Brad Pitt.

I think it'd be wicked if Nolan wanted him in amateur bodybuilder shape--Bale would be crazy enough to do it and get it done, but as long as he's in as good a shape as he was in BB I'll be happy.

He was at about the right weight. Batman is listed as 210-215lbs.

And, he's the right height too.

Technically speaking.....he was the right body type and the in the right shape for the role.

Lots of people have misconceptions about Batman in the comics. No matter what he looks like, he's listed as 6'2 and 210lbs. Not 6'8 and 350lbs, as he sometimes appears.......

Sun_Down said:
I don't really see any reason for him to be more toned. If you're out fighting dangerous criminals with your bare hands, it doesn't really matter how well-toned your abs are, it matters how hard you can hit and how much abuse your body can take. From a practical standpoint, it makes more sense to be out there looking like a linebacker than looking like Brad Pitt.

I agree. The american psycho physique was too lean and model-esque. I think he was toned enough in BB and had the broad shoulder/big arms brawler look which defines Batman IMO.

I dunno. Batman should really be balanced. Not too buff, but not skinny.

He should be fast enough while still being strong enough.

He really looked great for the role in Batman Begins.

And, I think more toned would probably be good. More like in line with a badass martial artist....like Bruce Lee or the new badass Tony Jaa. Not exactly like them, but definition I guess.

i want Bale to be in the best shape of his life for TDK. He should be ripped.....doesn't need to be huge and but well defined and cut!

ChrisBaleBatman said:

Technically speaking.....he was the right body type and the in the right shape for the role.

Lots of people have misconceptions about Batman in the comics. No matter what he looks like, he's listed as 6'2 and 210lbs. Not 6'8 and 350lbs, as he sometimes appears.......

This is truth.

If Bale's that into it, let him bulk up. Maybe not 30 pounds, but if he's as dedicated to this role as Bruce is to fighting crime, I think we should encourage him.

Sun_Down said:

Serious. I think he was in good shape already in BB.

ChrisBaleBatman said:

Peach!

He should look like a UFC fighter.

TUF_FINALE11000.jpg

TUF_FINALE11866.jpg

Quarry062UFC53.jpg

Well, Bale was bulkier than that dude.

But, that dude is more defined. Which is what I think Bale will shoot for.

Remember in the extras DVD, he mentioned that when he had gained alot of weight....he wasn't like a martial artist "all ripped and lean" but more like a "bear". So, more defined is something I think would be great.

But, bulkier would not. He was ****ing disel for BATMAN BEGINS. I think he was probably bigger than that UFC Fighter.

The question isn't Bale's weight for TDK but his height. What will his height be?

It varied in BB between 6'0 AND 6'3.

raybia said:
The question isn't Bale's weight for TDK but his height. What will his height be?

It varied in BB between 6'0 AND 6'3.
I guess you mean cinematically speaking, cuz technically someone´s height can´t "vary". But you gotta remember that it coincided that three major cast members are VERY tall guys (Caine, Morgan and Freeman), so it may have created that sensation.

As for Bale´s weight, since he won´t start as the skeleton he was in Machinist, I believe he´ll be in better shape for TDK.

ChrisBaleBatman said:

Yeah, I really don´t like artists who draw Batman like he´s a steroid abuser. He´s supposed to be very agile and acrobatic. You don´t need a bodybuilder´s body to be a top-rate fighter. Martial arts and gymnastic champions don´t have that kinda body.

Do we have to go through every pointless detail? (no offense) Whatever he was in BB is fine.

Mee said:
Do we have to go through every pointless detail? (no offense) Whatever he was in BB is fine.
And you call yourself a fanboy :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"