The Dark Knight Rises Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it's the Gotham Police Department that hires Bane to take out Batman (without Gordon's knowledge of course)?

I went silly for a minute and envisioned a scenario pretty much similar to all the steven seagal's flicks: the ultimate badass fellow jailed for life and taken out by the authorities for a single purpose...kicking the nuts of the bad guys..... just replace bad guys by batman here :woot::woot:

They can create much good story's with the villians they have chosen.But there will be 3rd villian.

Does anyone think Bane might wear a half-mask type thing, a la Dolarhyde in Manhunter/Red Dragon? Seems like a Nolan-esque thing to do, making him less luchador and more crazed psycho.

(Not pantyhose, obviously, but something similarly-shaped, only covering half his face.)

Francisdolarhydemanhunter.jpg

I really hope he gets his full mask, that eventually tears in the battle.

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but what's with venom?
I think Nolan should leave that out.
He should have that creative freedom of changing the character that bit.
Idk, but the whole venom thing always bugged me somehow, don't ask me why, I really don't know.

I'm sure for many of you that would be like the perma-white vs. make-up debate that was going on back then.
Well at least to me it's not what makes the character so interesting.

But Venom is what he uses. It would be like leaving out all of Batman's gadgets. I don't mind if he adjusts the Venom to fit into his World he created, but leave it out completely?

But Venom is what he uses. It would be like leaving out all of Batman's gadgets. I don't mind if he adjusts the Venom to fit into his World he created, but leave it out completely?

My guess, Nolan won't use some super-serum that morphs Bane into BANE. I bet it will be some DNA-alteration-surgery that Bane has previously had, in which he is already some superbadass.

I think Bane is going to break Gordon's back. There simply is not enough time to sufficiently show the whole Knightfall arc of Bruce being defeated and then coming back to face Bane. We've got to get enough time for Catwoman, all the existing characters. It's too cluttered to have Batman actually be 'broken'.
But Gordon is a different story in my opinion. And in some of the newer comics he does walk with a cane, does he not? Sure, that was from a bullet wound. But what if Nolan changed things a little?

I think having Bane destroy such a beloved character would be preferable to trying to fit in this massive rdemeptive storyline. This film is about Batman redeeming himself, whereas Knightfall is him at his lowest ebb. The Joker already dragged Batman to his lowest point, it's time he went on the offensive.

But Bane can still cause him a lot of problems by targeting people like Gordon. What do you think?

My guess, Nolan won't use some super-serum that morphs Bane into BANE. I bet it will be some DNA-alteration-surgery that Bane has previously had, in which he is already some superbadass.

I wouldn't want Bane to be a superbadass throughout though. And I don't mind if he removes the part about the Venom transforming him into a hulking beast. I think it should still be some kind of serum he injects, that temporarily boosts his strength and stamina.

I'd leave the forearm device, remove the tube to the brain entirely and have needles housed in the device, that inject the serum directly into his bloodstream.

Yeah, venom is what makes Bane Bane. It's his unique trademark as a member of Batman's rogues gallery. Even Black Mask has his mask. Take away Venom and he's just a really smart criminal with a mask.

I proposed this idea in the thread that got closed but how about venom altering more than just his strength. What if the serum makes him Batman's superior in every physical department as well as making him smarter. A total steroid for the self. It could be used as part of why he's addicted to it. It actually helps him think clearer. Just an idea is all.

I gotta read up on recent Bane. I have no idea how he's making it without Venom. Batman at least uses gadgets as tools. What does Bane have without venom?

I think Bane should be on Venom but should grow bigger and more grotesque throughout the film. So by the end he really does look like a freak, with pounding veins and stretchmarks. It should be a pretty constant thing, he should evolve throughout the movie.

I wouldn't want Bane to be a superbadass throughout though. And I don't mind if he removes the part about the Venom transforming him into a hulking beast. I think it should still be some kind of serum he injects, that temporarily boosts his strength and stamina.

I'd leave the forearm device, remove the tube to the brain entirely and have needles housed in the device, that inject the serum directly into his bloodstream.

I really don't care how the serum is done, if any. But the hulking-idea I just can't wrap my head around either. I'm sure Nolan has a great idea and once in theater, it will all make since.

A total steroid for the self. It could be used as part of why he's addicted to it. It actually helps him think clearer. Just an idea is all.

I'd like it if he's addicted to Venom to the point, he actually needs it to even function properly. And without it, he gets your typical withdrawal symptoms that other drug addicts display.

Don't forget about that old guy at the table when Joker made the pencil disappear. That's definitely Penguin! :oldrazz:

Definitely :oldrazz:

And don't forget Gambol - he's probably Black Mask! On account of his... sorry that was unintentionally racist :doh: I should stop.

I think you either do the full Batman back break or you don't.

By the time the movie's released, even those previously unfamiliar with Bane will know him as "the guy who broke Batman's back."

To do anything less than that - break his arm, etc - will look like Nolan's pulling his punches.

In all seriousness, I do wish we could have seen Nolan's version of Penguin. The character needs to some serious redemption after Burton's Batman Returns. :csad:

There wasn't anything wrong with The Penguin in that movie! But yeah, I'd love to see how Penguin would be like in Nolan's universe. Maybe they could do something in another animated anthology, like they did with Deadshot in Gotham Knight.

I'm just not sure if one movie is enough to pull off the whole back breaking and recovery.

I think you either do the full Batman back break or you don't.

By the time the movie's released, even those previously unfamiliar with Bane will know him as "the guy who broke Batman's back."

To do anything less than that - break his arm, etc - will look like Nolan's pulling his punches.

Agreed. Average Joe may not go looking, but I can see a certain group thinking "Bane. . I remember him. . , " then taking a peak into Wiki and truly remembering.

Same theory with Doomsday. Anyone who was able to remember the 90's knows that name. . hell, it was in the papers: "Superman is dead!"

There wasn't anything wrong with The Penguin in that movie! But yeah, I'd love to see how Penguin would be like in Nolan's universe. Maybe they could do something in another animated anthology, like they did with Deadshot in Gotham Knight.

Burton's Penguin was a freak with webbed hands that lived in an underground 'zoo' lair and ate raw fish. Not to mention he bled green goo when he died. There was quite alot wrong with him.

The reason why I don't Bane breaking Batman's back is simple: Regardless how long it takes realisticlly or not, it still means that Bruce is out of commission for lenghty period of time in the film. With this being Nolan's last Bat flick, you don't want to pull what Spider-Man 3 did to James Franco: Have him in the side lines for the majority of the film despite his arc.

So have him break Gordon's back. That would be a happy compromise, right?

I'd leave the whole back breaking for the climax. Have him attempt it, lifting Batman over his head and when he's about to break his back, have Catwoman intervene and save Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"