Barbara Gordon Casting Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Primal Slayer, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

20 or more. I hate the idea of a teenage girl with just standard martial arts training from her father being able to fight crime on the streets of Gotham without being murdered, it really undermines the Bruce Wayne character if suddenly a teenage girl that doesn't have half his resources or physical training can do his job.

Ah and same with Robin. If they're gonna introduce Robin, he should be 15 by the time Bruce meets him but not become Robin until 3 years later of intense physical training by Batman and he should not be able to fight on his own without getting severely injured if Batman isn't around.

Also, I guess it depends but I wouldn't mind if if they just scraped the romance altogether and have her be older than Dick. It's worked for other versions, it can work for this one, and she was older than him by 5 or 6 years in the comics.

2. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Bumping bc I was right and I still am. :o

3. atomicbattery

atomicbattery Registered

It will be interesting to see if Barbara is a character in this film, and if the intention is to introduce her for her own movie.
    Although apparently playing a younger Batman, Robert Pattinson is 33, so I suppose they could be casting Barbara as anywhere from her early teens to her early twenties.

4. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

i will bet 100000 dollars she isn't

5. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Registered

I definitely think she could pull it off. managed to meet her at an early screening of Halloween (2018) last year in salem.

For me, Anya Taylor Joy is still my #1 choice for barbara gordon. I could also see Daisy Ridley in the role too.

6. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

The Batgirl movie script was finished 7 months ago and it still doesn't have a director or star attached.

Yeah I very much doubt that film is happening, and I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't in Reeves film as that already has far too much going on.

7. LightDaggers

Annalise Basso as Babs is my dream, and I ask for nothing more. She'd do absolutely terrific.

[​IMG]

8. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves wants to save her for the sequel, so WB are holding off on the solo Batgirl movie so as to not clash with that. So that would mean no Batgirl for quite a while, unfortunately. Not that I would complain if a Batgirl movie was announced after the release of the first Batman movie. But I am not getting my hopes up.

9. Asr

Asr Registered

She might've been mentioned before, but Molly C Quinn, who played the daughter on the Castle TV series might be good. Plus she's already been involved with WB/DC before for voiceover work and played Supergirl on the animated Superman Unbound.

[​IMG]

10. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

She looks 15 years old and 60 at the same time.

Also. If they are indeed planning on doing that movie (which they shouldn't) Hailee Stenfield is honestly the best choice.

thebatfan5194 likes this.
  11. brandeezy89

brandeezy89 Registered

According to the "Scoopers" WB is currently looking for a director

12. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

I don't know what to believe since these "scoopers" are immediately contradicting each other.

Warner Bros. On The Hunt For New 'Batgirl' Movie Director (Exclusive)

So either Supergirl or Batgirl is taking priority over the other. Or it's both. Or neither.

Batgirl does sound a bit further along, just script-wise.

13. thebatfan5194

thebatfan5194 Registered

If I had to bet on one getting off the ground first, I would say Batgirl is more likely, we've been hearing about its development since 2017(?), and Christina Hodson has been on the script for awhile too.

The only hangup I could see is if they want it to connect with whatever Matt Reeves is up to, and for WBs sake, I think they should connect everything Batman related going forward. Just causes too many problems/brand confusion if they have all of these splinter Batman-adjacent movies.

LightDaggers and Willi Berg like this.
  14. Kane52630

Kane52630 Astral Plane User

15. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

16. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

What's the problem with Barbara being introduced in The Batman? She had a cameo in Begins. Could be something like that or something slightly more significant.

LightDaggers likes this.
  17. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I still say Andi Matichak.

18. fan4stic

fan4stic Registered

I'm of 2 minds on who I'd cast.

On the one hand, you could cast someone who is marketable as major actress based on the idea of a Batgirl movie, which I think could be done. Batman's off chasing down leads in another country or something, maybe leaving Robin to man the store for a bit, something happens to Jim (maybe he's kidnapped/nearly killed/framed for a crime, whatever) and Barbara suits up to figure it out, villain is Killer Moth, boom, you've got a movie. Hailee Steinfeld is a name actress that has a play for that I think.

But there's also the potential that a bigger actress, if/when folded into the main structure of the batfamily in a Batman movie down the line, would she fit in that structure/with that story/those characters/would she be folded in when she's mainlining her own movie? For a smaller scale, though also for a Batman who feels younger to me (like Oliver Jackson Cohen), I'd lean into Sophie Lillis. I also prefer her look for the role too. Hailee is very pretty, almost more movie star pretty. I like a bit more casual looking girl in my Barbara Gordon. Lillis is pretty too, but I get more of an everyday vibe who I could have a conversation with, personally. The issue is she's younger than what I want for a Robert Pattinson Bruce. So, it's toss up.

19. fan4stic

fan4stic Registered

Kara Hayward
    [​IMG]

20. TheGuy

TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Anyone that does not look like someone whom Bruce can ****.

LightDaggers likes this.
  21. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Why, if you don't me asking? I think she's the perfect age. Ideally Barbara should be around the same age as Dick, and I'm having a hard time picturing Reeves' young Bruce (who I doubt will be older than Pattinson) being the adoptive father of a boy in his late teens/early 20s.

22. Speed Force

Speed Force Hope, help and compassion

23. Invader Joker

Invader Joker Registered

Eh. Even in the comics Barbara was older than Dick by like 5 years or something. Bruce was a menthor and a friend, not a father figure to Barbara.

24. Kane52630

Kane52630 Astral Plane User

25. Kadiru

Kadiru Registered

If only she was a couple years older, she would be a perfect Selina.