Barbara Gordon Casting Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if they get Millie Bobby Brown.

Hell even if they get Millie Bobby Brown I am all for it

I doubt they’ll skip to Oracle era Barbara.

If its early Batman Barbra would have to be a teenager or younger. Unless Jim is already an old man.

What for? I am fine with Barbara as a teenager.
My opinion: With a Batman in his early 30's, I think a Barbara under 19 or 20 is younger than I want. I don't want him to be like her and Dick's dad. I also would prefer the characters to be established.

Bruve has never been Barbara's father figure, for that matter.

Spring of 2018 after Whedon's Batgirl put on the backburner:
WB was finalizing 2 different Birds of Prey scripts and Batgirl was rumored as a constant I saw the best fan art depiction of her that I think cements Jane Levy in the role just wanted to post here as there's been so much discussed since then and I think the best option has been laid out already:

161689.jpg

The character in "Don't Breath" horror film I remember her from most but yeah she's the perfect choice for Batgirl.

There's a couple other fan manip photos of Jane Levy in the role posted in June 2018 here:
A T L A N T (@atlant.99) | Instagram photos, videos, highlights and stories They're rougher photo manip jobs for both a fan casted Huntress and Black Canary as well as a separate poster featuring Batgirl too. If anything, I don't think the big haired look should be gone for with Batgirl anyway from a characterization standpoint as it just doesn't seem to gel.

The actress is on the shorter side at 5'2" but movie magic wise that doesn't matter. She's athletic looking and can easily do the part.

Last edited:
My opinion: With a Batman in his early 30's, I think a Barbara under 19 or 20 is younger than I want. I don't want him to be like her and Dick's dad. I also would prefer the characters to be established.

Barbra already has a dad. I think it would be cool to have her just be "Jim Gordon's daughter" to start with. Why does she need to be Batgirl right away? Why rush it? You guys want her to be older because you want her to be Batgirl right away (which I don't think would be a good idea).

Barbra already has a dad. I think it would be cool to have her just be "Jim Gordon's daughter" to start with. Why does she need to be Batgirl right away? Why rush it? You guys want her to be older because you want her to be Batgirl right away (which I don't think would be a good idea).
I don't see why the story needs to be slow on that. Supposedly this is an established Batman with an apparently established rogues gallery, yes? I prefer to get there sooner.

I was about to propose Kaitlyn Dever as well. She was excellent in both Booksmart and Unbelievable (looked very young as well). I hope DC cast her, even if it's not for Barbara.

I would go with Maya Hawke for a slightly older Barbara Gordon but if I go younger then I would go with: Sophia Lillis from IT Chapter 1 who played Beverly Marsh

Discussions when the actress for Barbara is cast gonna be good. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"