The Flash Barry & Caitlin - The SnowBarry Thread

Avenging Angel

We have unfinished business.
Reaction score
I think that's their shipping name. Does anyone think Barry and Caitlin have a chance at romance with each other? I noticed their chemistry in the "Killer Frost" episode and some episodes back in Season 1 when Team Flash was hanging out more. There was something there...anyone see it too?

Edit: I changed the title to include FlashFrost which is what their names are together when they are Killer Frost and The Flash.

Last edited:
Not everyone who has on screen chemistry needs to be a relationship. I would like to see them really develop their friendship. Have Barry be the person she turns to when she feels the pull of her powers, etc.

What I like to see is more of their friendship, the KF episode showed a ton of it. Season 1 had more good parts. I wish the show would return to the friendships Barry had in Season 1.

There's potential for a romance, I'm not ruling it out.

Friendship: yes.
Romance: no.

Arrow already killed off their canonical love interest, let's not see Flash do the same thing and put Barry and Caitlyn together instead. Barry and Iris should ultimately be the two that end up together.

Their Killer Frost and Flash interactions are pretty entertaining. Barry and Caitlin have a nice friendship, it'd be nice to see it grow.

Their Killer Frost and Flash interactions are pretty entertaining. Barry and Caitlin have a nice friendship, it'd be nice to see it grow.

That's because of the chemistry between Gustin & Panabaker is absolutely undeniable even if they remain friends, they still more than any couple & I'd be okay with it.

That's because of the chemistry between Gustin & Panabaker is absolutely undeniable even if they remain friends, they still more than any couple & I'd be okay with it.

They have great chemistry.

i defently will admit i ship them.part of me is kind of hate so much of show will relvolve trying to prevent iris' future death.

I could get behind the ship, if it had happened, but I don't really expect or want it to happen now. The only way it could really come about is via a fairly blatant "kill off the love interest to reset the romance subplot" turn, and I hate those.

I could get behind the ship, if it had happened, but I don't really expect or want it to happen now. The only way it could really come about is via a fairly blatant "kill off the love interest to reset the romance subplot" turn, and I hate those.

quite honestly inless barry is sent to other earth where he and caitlin are item i think this will be just a fantasy couple.if they were going to happen even to prolong barry & iris not being together it would have been in season 2 instead of patty and fake jay.

I feel the flash writers are a bit smarter seeing reaction to some of crazy things on arrow backlash to ever kill off iris or split iriswest up.

also if caitlin doesn't hookup with julian at some point this season i will be surprised.It defently seems to me they are planting the seeds for that.

It honestly depends on who has the better origins as a couple. Caitlin and Barry were built from the beginning up which is how genuine relationships work. Their friendship can only grow into a mature relationship beyond Barry's childhood infatuation with Iris. Caitlin would be the best pairing for him. The Killer Frost episode proved that.

What sucks is the writers keep separating them to drag out Barry's obsession with Iris with whom relationship was never mutual to begin with. Iris "gave it a shot" after knowing they were a couple on Earth 2 and claims of "destiny."

I'm worried the writers are going to turn Westallen into Olicity and further drag the show down in soap opera mess. They are just not interesting to watch and Barry is unlikable with Iris. Iris, like Felicity, should die, not for Barry and Caitlin, but because they are useless to the plots.

Caitlin with Julian makes no sense. There's no reason why she can't be friends with him. Danielle said she wasn't going to get any love interests this season. I think Julian might be her brother Charlie.

It honestly depends on who has the better origins as a couple. Caitlin and Barry were built from the beginning up which is how genuine relationships work. Their friendship can only grow into a mature relationship beyond Barry's childhood infatuation with Iris. Caitlin would be the best pairing for him. The Killer Frost episode proved that.

What sucks is the writers keep separating them to drag out Barry's obsession with Iris with whom relationship was never mutual to begin with. Iris "gave it a shot" after knowing they were a couple on Earth 2 and claims of "destiny."

I'm worried the writers are going to turn Westallen into Olicity and further drag the show down in soap opera mess. They are just not interesting to watch and Barry is unlikable with Iris. Iris, like Felicity, should die, not for Barry and Caitlin, but because they are useless to the plots.

Caitlin with Julian makes no sense. There's no reason why she can't be friends with him. Danielle said she wasn't going to get any love interests this season. I think Julian might be her brother Charlie.

the fact iris pretty much said she wouldn't be with barry if eddie hadn't killed
himself to stop reverse flash puts dent into the so called destiny of iriswest.

Barry & caitlin support each other nomatter what and are their for each other.

i defently agree Iris is really pointless to team flash.The problem with olicity was forcing felicity's parents onto show and turned into important character as well as some questable decsions like having her as ceo of palmer tech.

my fear is all the interaction between caitlin & Julian could be prelude to them becoming involved.

What? Barry and Snow? No

I think that's their shipping name. Does anyone think Barry and Caitlin have a chance at romance with each other? I noticed their chemistry in the "Killer Frost" episode and some episodes back in Season 1 when Team Flash was hanging out more. There was something there...anyone see it too?

I think Caitlin and Julian have a better chance at romance. Julian inspired Caitlin to fight off her Killer Frost and they went out for a drink at the end of the episode.

I think Caitlin and Julian have a better chance at romance. Julian inspired Caitlin to fight off her Killer Frost and they went out for a drink at the end of the episode.

Yup. I like the thing they've got going. Doesn't feel contrived at all. If they do hook up for the love of the Speedforce don't kill him off or make him go Full Alchemy (pun). That girl has hit her heartbreak limit. Bonus points for having two traditionally villainous characters keeping each other in check through the feels.

while i fully ship barry & Caitlin i saw caitlin & Julian happening a mile away.

when all of a seudden they are having scenes between two of them and now it's
suddenly Julian who believes in Caitlin.some are total rolling their eyes at
caitlin & Julian.

Saw the title of this thread and won't be coming back to this forum...

And by that, you mean Julian has a better chance of dying before season's end? *eg*

At this stage, no. I'd like Caitlin to at least have one full season where her storyline, in full or in part, has absolutely nothing to do with who she is dating. Give her a boyfriend, but have him exist off-screen if it's absolutely necessary.

Caitlin's storylines have primarily revolved around Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie some more, Zoom and now even her mishandled Killer Frost storyline is being interwoven into a budding romance with Julian.

And I'm happy enough if they keep Barry and Iris. Drop the drama. Have them stronger together as a couple. Drama can be created through storylines other than romantic entanglements. Or they can leave the relationship drama for Cisco, Wally and HR.

Her scenes with Barry are much more natural than hers with Julian. It just feels forced with Julian because he's just there. She doesn't have to date everyone she comes in contact with. If she ends up with Barry it would make more sense because Grant and Danielle have loads of unexplored chemistry that I don't think the writers have tackled yet.

I would have been fine if the writers wanted to keep her single for a while but it seems like they are making her an addict to dating every new guy she that comes along. And I think Julian might die by the end of the season anyway.

the fact iris pretty much said she wouldn't be with barry if eddie hadn't killed
himself to stop reverse flash puts dent into the so called destiny of iriswest.

Barry & caitlin support each other nomatter what and are their for each other.

i defently agree Iris is really pointless to team flash.The problem with olicity was forcing felicity's parents onto show and turned into important character as well as some questable decsions like having her as ceo of palmer tech.

my fear is all the interaction between caitlin & Julian could be prelude to them becoming involved.

Yeah I haven't forgotten about that part. Eddie was the guy she genuinely loved. No matter what dialogue they give Iris and Barry at this point, I don't believe they are meant to be. Their backstory is weak and it's becoming obvious the actors have no chemistry together. They have a great friendship but there's no romance.

Right. It's proved over and over in the first season the type of friendship they have. It's on another level that could lead to something.

It seems like Iris is only there for the "let's save Iris" subplot. Which isn't saying much, just solidifies her damsel in distress label more boldly. I thought the writers were going explore her being a sound journalist, instead they have her doing reckless acts in order to be saved because she "knows when she's going to die." It's arrogant of her to think like this. Felicity is still sort of useful but not really. She should have died and made the show more interesting since it seems like most of her scenes only involved Oliver and their cliched love for each other, same with Iris.

It probably will, I mean, they have a good friendship I just hope it doesn't lead to romance. Caitlin needs a break from that and needs the support of her team now to deal with her abilities.

I appreciated these from the last couple episodes.

The intensity of this scene from that episode was unreal.

tumblr_omiuqdYE6l1qk7fkco1_500.gif

tumblr_omiuqdYE6l1qk7fkco2_500.gif

tumblr_omiuqdYE6l1qk7fkco3_500.gif

tumblr_omiuqdYE6l1qk7fkco4_500.gif

Something about this scene made it so sad, at least she stayed behind when everyone else just left him.

tumblr_omh8jd15yz1qk7fkco1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_omh8jd15yz1qk7fkco2_250.gif

tumblr_omh8jd15yz1qk7fkco3_250.gif
tumblr_omh8jd15yz1qk7fkco4_250.gif

tumblr_omh8jd15yz1qk7fkco5_250.gif
tumblr_omh8jd15yz1qk7fkco6_250.gif

And the creepy singing scene with ghost Ronnie in the speed force episode, also the first time he smiled in a while.

tumblr_omu3k4V79p1qk7fkco1_500.gif

tumblr_omu3k4V79p1qk7fkco2_500.gif

thing is will they throw those of us who ship them a bone by saying savatar and killer frost are involved now as more than partners

Even Danielle herself said at the beginning of this season that Caitlin shouldn't be in a romance because of what happened to her because of Zoom last season. But the writers decided to go with it anyway.

I just think that if Caitlin ever comes back after Killer Frost does in her place, it will be very hard for her as well as Team Flash. Just one would hope they would understand it wasn't Caitlin who did it. She'll need support.

Even Danielle herself said at the beginning of this season that Caitlin shouldn't be in a romance because of what happened to her because of Zoom last season. But the writers decided to go with it anyway.

I just think that if Caitlin ever comes back after Killer Frost does in her place, it will be very hard for her as well as Team Flash. Just one would hope they would understand it wasn't Caitlin who did it. She'll need support.

Caitlin's character is cursed with relationships, it always goes bad, whether it was watching Ronnie die (twice) or not knowing she was in a relationship with a psychopath/murder known as Zoom. She watched Zoom's time remnant die which hurt her again then after she find out Jay was Zoom she was taken hostage by him and traumatized. Now her relationship with Julian has gone wrong too while she's struggling with that possessed demon (Killer Frost) inside of her. Caitlin is destined to stay sad, depressed, cold, and alone, so Killer Frost brings out that anger and doesn't care anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"