The Flash The Iris West/Candice Patton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was a bit on the weaker side just for S1 but I don't have any complaints for her other than I wanna see some more of her CCPN happenings.

Yeah. I really thought they did the character a disservice in season 1 , but since then they matured the character and made her the rock of the West/Allen clan.

Absolutely nothing. She's the same cardboard cut-out she's been since day one.

Wasn't a fan of Iris this episode but it was pretty much the same thing we got from Caitlin when she wanted Cisco to stop looking for Ronnie in season one. Only not as bad because at least she had an excuse ro fall back on.
Also, to anyone who doesn't think Iris has matured since season, are you serious? She spent most of last season supporting Barry. She was the one who was supposed to die yet she was the one who was talking Barry out of becoming a different person and changing his values. She was definitely his rock last season.

Nope, Cisco and Caitlin never gave up on him, they were on his side no matter what when he needed them. Iris was hardly this loyal, she wasn't his emotional support. She was and continues to be his burden.

Iris stayed and helped run the team for Barry while Caitlin ran off like she usually does when things get tough. She wanted Barry back but was too scared to get her hopes up only for Cisco's plan not to work. Those are Iris' exact words. She was the only person who knew how to break Barry out of that mental state. How exactly is she a burden to him? You're twisting the narrative because of your irrational hate for Iris.

Even when Barry was around, he didn't run the team. Given her attitude, it was a testament to their character that they stayed. Caitlin "ran off" to figure out how to deal with what she's become instead of staying to harangue them about how Barry failed her, and kick them while they're down as Iris probably would have. It's completely reasonable to be scared of being hurt again, but Iris becomes an extra hurdle and distraction the team has to deal with when she allows her fear to dictate her actions. Plus, this kind of behavior might be acceptable when she was a girlfriend, but not when she's a leader.

She was the only person who knew how to break Barry out of that mental state.
Yeah, let's remind everyone that that's all she does or how pathetic that makes Barry or how contrived that is.

Iris is a burden like the team is, because Barry's not allowed to be what he should be as long as she and the team are around. There's a reason he does so much better when he solos to other shows. Seriously, they should spin her off to her own show if she's that viable a character, and everyone wins.

Last edited:
I will admit this Iris leadership role is especially stupid with Barry back. Now he needs help just stopping a car?

I wouldn't be opposed to that. We have one irritation/weakness gone with Wally, might as well get rid of another. It'd only strengthen the show at this point.

Don't know about you guys, but I can sure do without hearing "We are the Flash" ever again.

Because the worst line in the show ever worked the first time she said it. I'm all about strengthening the show, she should already be written off by now if they still don't know what to do with her.

The most recent episode showed what they desperately, passionately *wish* were the case with Barry/Iris.

Sadly, the actual reality is that Iris isn't fit to touch Marlize DeVoe's shoes. Pretending she is analogous in any way is kind of insulting.

The most recent episode showed what they desperately, passionately *wish* were the case with Barry/Iris.

Sadly, the actual reality is that Iris isn't fit to touch Marlize DeVoe's shoes. Pretending she is analogous in any way is kind of insulting.

Pretending that she's important to the show in any way, shape or form is insulting.

Haha I don't mean that to be a *****e but I'm just saying that the writers and showrunners like to treat the character as if she's more integral than she actually is. But to date she still has done the least of any of the main or supporting characters. Patty, a character who was only around for a season, did far more than Iris, someone who's been there from the get-go and is still there currently.

Don't mean to pile on, but what exactly does Iris bring to the team other than being Barry's girlfriend? With the co-main characters on the other shows Felicity has mad hacker skills and Alex can beat the hell out of people.

In theory, she could bring some extra investigating muscle as a reporter. In practice, they spent three full seasons utterly burning to ash any possibility of that being plausible. As is, she doesn't even come off credibly as a center of emotional support. Which is kind of the bare minimum requirement for a Love Interest to not be completely decorative.

Felicity and Alex are the same as Iris: they're all supporting characters, not co-mains or co-leads.

Felicity and Alex are the same as Iris: they're all supporting characters, not co-mains or co-leads.

your so wrong.iris is clearly in writers minds the lead of flash.

alex is so the co-lead of supergirl.

while i like felicity and olicity yes felicity is co-lead of arrow.

Well let's see who saves Cisco with no skills or medical experience to support anything. Clearly this should be the case but the writers want to make the Iris show. She is like a virus that won't go away.

When Felicity told her to shut up I yelled "thank you!"

Nah, they're not the same as Iris. They actually do important **** beyond standing around looking like they don't belong. You could remove them from the show and certain storylines simply wouldn't work. You could remove Iris from this show & the storylines would work better.

iris is clearly in writers minds the lead of flash.
So why don't they just make it The Iris? That can only get more viewers, right? In fact, they should try a Barry-less arc. I would love to see what the results would be.

they're not the same as Iris. They actually do important **** beyond standing around looking like they don't belong. You could remove them from the show and certain storylines simply wouldn't work. You could remove Iris from this show & the storylines would work better.
Oh I agree with this. But doesn't mean they're co-leads.

This perpetual campaign to urkelize Iris, Felicity and Alex is annoying. If some are this confident about their fave's importance, how about campaigning for their own shows instead of trying to take over existing shows? This is why DCCW will always remain inferior to the comics or even DCEU: it's not about the actual heroes but mary-suing a supporting character. :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"