The Flash Barry & Caitlin - The SnowBarry Thread

I think the interest in Caitlin, while somewhat exaggerated, is only the logical side effect of one simple truth: Iris West has been poorly executed. She's a generally thin, unlikable character who has plot function rather than personality. When that is what is being attached to the hero as their love interest, viewers will naturally start looking at someone else, anyone else.

At least the stories with Barry and Caitlin and the rest of the Team Flash are interesting. Iris adds nothing to the plots, she doesn't even have chemistry with Barry.

Liked this little spat between them in last night's episode. Barry sounded jealous when Caitlin defended Ralph.

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo1_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo2_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo3_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo4_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo5_500.gif

I just finished season 3. Count me in in team SnowBarry. Also I think I have to make that bottom gif above my new avatar.

Last edited:
Liked this little spat between them in last night's episode. Barry sounded jealous when Caitlin defended Ralph.

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo1_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo2_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo3_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo4_500.gif

tumblr_oypwtqxp6L1u1clgwo5_500.gif

In a perfect world, they would have started this show by NOT having Barry presented as Iris's foster brother and where Danielle was the one portraying that character, but without all of the baggage that came with Candice's characterization (not blaming the actress, just the writing).

Even IF Barry and Candice's Iris weren't foster siblings, the chemistry that they have between each other feels like a sibling one at times. Honestly, the Arrow-Verse has it all wrong.

Oliver on "Arrow" should have hooked up and stayed with one of the Black Canaries on that show, instead of getting together with Felicity....while Barry should have not been paired with his canon love interest as it is on this show and just end up with someone new like Caitlin.lol

And maybe it's just me but Grant and Danielle have had more (unintentional) chemistry with each other than with the actors that their characters have been romantically paired up with (Barry with Iris & Caitlin with Ronnie/Hunter/Julian).

I just finished season 3. Count me in in team SnowBarry. Also I think I have to make that bottom gif above my new avatar.

Cool! I liked how naturally stunning she is when she looks casual.

In a perfect world, they would have started this show by NOT having Barry presented as Iris's foster brother and where Danielle was the one portraying that character, but without all of the baggage that came with Candice's characterization (not blaming the actress, just the writing).

Even IF Barry and Candice's Iris weren't foster siblings, the chemistry that they have between each other feels like a sibling one at times. Honestly, the Arrow-Verse has it all wrong.

Oliver on "Arrow" should have hooked up and stayed with one of the Black Canaries on that show, instead of getting together with Felicity....while Barry should have not been paired with his canon love interest as it is on this show and just end up with someone new like Caitlin.lol

And maybe it's just me but Grant and Danielle have had more (unintentional) chemistry with each other than with the actors that their characters have been romantically paired up with (Barry with Iris & Caitlin with Ronnie/Hunter/Julian).

I think they were going to then Johns and Berlanti thought they had a gold nugget in Candice taking over the show with Iris but had no plan with the character or her relationship with Barry who was her step brother growing up. I blame the actress because it's the performance that counts too and I'm sorry, she is not as strong or believable as a leader like Danielle is as Caitlin.

Right, the chemistry is non-existent, you can't sustain a house that is built on sand, there is no foundation for them as a couple. Nothing likable or redeemable, they bring out the worst in each other. The funeral crash/impromptu shotgun wedding scene was not helping them out. They had it all wrong then and they still do now.

I think what happened was they made a mistake in listening to the fans instead of going with the comics canon. Olicity is just unbearable to watch on screen. It's like someone paired Oliver with a 10x more annoying version of Cisco. I can't stand to watch their drama drag a once great show, he should have built something with Laurel, if she had better writing like Sara did, she would have made a difference, in this case, the writers decided to make it all about Felicity and Olicity. See a pattern here with Flash.

The writers are aware that Grant and Danielle have amazing chemistry and are afraid of it trumping whatever Iris and Barry "have" because it's in written in the script. It's also something they didn't plan. Otherwise they wouldn't be going out of their way to separate them this much. The writers are also afraid of the rabid fans calling them racial slurs let's not forget that irrelevancy. That's why I think to keep Caitlin away from Barry they might pair her up with Ralph for a short while, like with Julian last season. It seems more of a rewrite of Caitlin going through guys and having them either dead or disappear when Barry is right there.

I think they were going to then Johns and Berlanti thought they had a gold nugget in Candice taking over the show with Iris but had no plan with the character or her relationship with Barry who was her step brother growing up. I blame the actress because it's the performance that counts too and I'm sorry, she is not as strong or believable as a leader like Danielle is as Caitlin.

Right, the chemistry is non-existent, you can't sustain a house that is built on sand, there is no foundation for them as a couple. Nothing likable or redeemable, they bring out the worst in each other. The funeral crash/impromptu shotgun wedding scene was not helping them out. They had it all wrong then and they still do now.

I think what happened was they made a mistake in listening to the fans instead of going with the comics canon. Olicity is just unbearable to watch on screen. It's like someone paired Oliver with a 10x more annoying version of Cisco. I can't stand to watch their drama drag a once great show, he should have built something with Laurel, if she had better writing like Sara did, she would have made a difference, in this case, the writers decided to make it all about Felicity and Olicity. See a pattern here with Flash.

The writers are aware that Grant and Danielle have amazing chemistry and are afraid of it trumping whatever Iris and Barry "have" because it's in written in the script. It's also something they didn't plan. Otherwise they wouldn't be going out of their way to separate them this much. The writers are also afraid of the rabid fans calling them racial slurs let's not forget that irrelevancy. That's why I think to keep Caitlin away from Barry they might pair her up with Ralph for a short while, like with Julian last season. It seems more of a rewrite of Caitlin going through guys and having them either dead or disappear when Barry is right there.

I blame the writing because Berlanti & Johns didn't have a back-up plan for Patton. Developing Iris should involve things such as having people she could talk to aside from Barry & Joe(high school & college). Also my take is that there's no foundation because I feel like everything is rushed for the sake of it & reflects the poor writing on this show. As far as Laurel is concerned, Laureliver was doomed before it started because of Cassidy's awful portryal of Laurel.Only difference was that EBR was a back up plan.

I think that the exception of Gates, Pound, & Wallace; these writers on The Flash just lack the know how. They're afraid of being called racist by a group of fans when the fact is they aren't racist at all. They've got no guts to be daring, just want to make a name for themselves. Both Gustin & Panabaker friendship off screen makes their on-screen characters so unique similar to both Amell & Rickards on Arrow, & for these writers to keep them apart shows all of us how much they have no idea to create genuine drama, & that's the kind thing which annoys me to no end.

I think that the exception of Gates, Pound, & Wallace; these writers on The Flash just lack the know how. They're afraid of being called racist by a group of fans when the fact is they aren't racist at all. They've got no guts to be daring, just want to make a name for themselves. Both Gustin & Panabaker friendship off screen makes their on-screen characters so unique similar to both Amell & Rickards on Arrow, & for these writers to keep them apart shows all of us how much they have no idea to create genuine drama, & that's the kind thing which annoys me to no end.

At least they had the good sense to realize Kara and Jimmy weren't working and broke them up at the start of season 2. Kara and Mon-El also seem much more believable because Melissa and Chris have an off screen relationship.
Even Kara and Adam had more chemistry in season 1 because at the time Melissa was married to Blake.

well let me say show continues to go downhill.4x05 made killer frost all about iris.and no reason for her to have been in 4x06.she took away from other characters.

Danielle is beautiful and does her best with what they give us.but notice they are really keeping barry and caitlin apart.

it's not just snowbarry fans tired of iris eather.but knowing these writers at end of season iris will be pregnent.

it is now becoming a game of how much they can ruin flash each week.

Arrow already killed off their canonical love interest, let's not see Flash do the same thing and put Barry and Caitlyn together instead. Barry and Iris should ultimately be the two that end up together.

Ummm...No.
At this point in the show, either Caitlin Snow, Linda Park, Jesse Quick, BlackSiren (alternate-Dinah Lance?), that girl who took the SpeedForce-Nine formula(?), Vixen(Mari McCabe?) or Zatannna Zatarra(?) would be better than Iris "we-are-the-Flash" West.

I blame the writing because Berlanti & Johns didn't have a back-up plan for Patton. Developing Iris should involve things such as having people she could talk to aside from Barry & Joe(high school & college). Also my take is that there's no foundation because I feel like everything is rushed for the sake of it & reflects the poor writing on this show. As far as Laurel is concerned, Laureliver was doomed before it started because of Cassidy's awful portryal of Laurel.Only difference was that EBR was a back up plan.

Katie isn't the bad actor that Candice is, she just had bad material from writers who obvious didn't care about Black Canary or didn't care about Katie taking on a character. I don't think it was her acting that ruined it. Definitely a writing problem because she is knocking it out the park with Black Siren.

I think Pound and Wallace pinned the next one 4x07 but I definitely agree with that. The writers have been afraid of being called racists since Candice was cast. There was no reason to change her race or include the new 52 version of Wally if they were only going to get rid of him later. They should have thought of that before they went PC but here we are. Danielle and Grant don't get any credit for the chemistry together. They just makes scenes better when they are together. They are one of the biggest reasons for why Season 1 was such a big success.

At least they had the good sense to realize Kara and Jimmy weren't working and broke them up at the start of season 2. Kara and Mon-El also seem much more believable because Melissa and Chris have an off screen relationship.
Even Kara and Adam had more chemistry in season 1 because at the time Melissa was married to Blake.
Thank god, I'm glad James was pulled away from Kara before things got worse. Melissa and Chris have great chemistry together being a real couple off screen, I also thought Melissa and Jeremy have decent chemistry together as well.

well let me say show continues to go downhill.4x05 made killer frost all about iris.and no reason for her to have been in 4x06.she took away from other characters.

Danielle is beautiful and does her best with what they give us.but notice they are really keeping barry and caitlin apart.

it's not just snowbarry fans tired of iris eather.but knowing these writers at end of season iris will be pregnent.

it is now becoming a game of how much they can ruin flash each week.
Yeah don't even get me started on how they promoted 4x05 to be about Killer Frost, which we wanted but still made Iris some kind of victor in this mess of an episode. I hated 4x05 for the politics just the same but once again, the writers and their obsession with Iris being at the center of everything wrecks whatever progress they've made.

Danielle is a fantastic actress and proves each week what she's capable of with the material she's given. I just wish they would devote just one episode to Killer Frost to explain her more. Yeah they have to keep Barry and Caitlin apart, they are a big threat to WA.

I go on Faceback and see how trashed the show is getting. Most of the top comments hate Iris and want her dead or written off. Probably our worst nightmare will come true with Iris getting pregnant out of nowhere.

Yeah basically. Instead of trying to grow the show they'd rather pick apart what we loved about it to begin with.

Ummm...No.
At this point in the show, either Caitlin Snow, Linda Park, Jesse Quick, BlackSiren (alternate-Dinah Lance?), that girl who took the SpeedForce-Nine formula(?), Vixen(Mari McCabe?) or Zatannna Zatarra(?) would be better than Iris "we-are-the-Flash" West.
So all the females in the Arrowverse have more chemistry with Barry than Iris basically? You forgot food.

since they performed ultimate insult to snowbarry community by having caitlin maid of honor at wa wedding
even though wa doesn't get married untill final part of crossover with olicity
i will concede while i won't stop shipping snowbarry they will never happen on show.odds are by end of season iris will be pregnent.

there is a lot of speculation a character at attempted wedding in supergirl is wa daughter from future.which if true is final nail in snowbarry coffin along with caitlin being maid of honor.

flash is iris west-allen show from now on.every one else including barry is in service of her.i wish ciatlin/frost could go to one of other cw shows which would value her.

there is a lot of speculation a character at attempted wedding in supergirl is wa daughter from future.which if true is final nail in snowbarry coffin along with caitlin being maid of honor.

flash is iris west-allen show from now on.every one else including barry is in service of her.i wish ciatlin/frost could go to one of other cw shows which would value her.

Yup. Iris giving Barry the talk on how he was going crazy about Davoe, and Barry was right was incredibly fustrating.

Season 1 and 2 were so great. The show was best when Iris didn't know Barry was the Flash and before they were romantically involved. That was a relationship you never rooted for.

Loved the teaming up in the church scene. The less Iris the better. It gives other characters time to shine. Barry and Caitlin hardly have any scenes together and that is still a big threat to step siblings who will unfortunately marry tonight. I doubt they will last. Iris is way too selfish to keep it going.

Loved the teaming up in the church scene. The less Iris the better. It gives other characters time to shine. Barry and Caitlin hardly have any scenes together and that is still a big threat to step siblings who will unfortunately marry tonight. I doubt they will last. Iris is way too selfish to keep it going.

unfortully if wa stans are right and that was indeed their daughter from future at wedding last night iris will be pregnent before end of season.

it was clear arrow writers don't like iris way flashw riters do with how they wrote her.

one poential ray of hope is when we get to episodes after andrew Keisberg was suspended,plus he may not return,we ay get improvement with him apparently key reason for wa.wa and iris are such a joke at this point.

I recently read this online and got me thinking about their real plans for Barry and Caitlin years from now.

tumblr_p0e6zz8oFr1wqnql4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0e6zz8oFr1wqnql4o5_1280.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"