The Dark Knight Bat-Men

Mitthrawnuruodo

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't like this idea of mutiple fake Batman runnning around Gotham city in the movie. Something about it sickens me.

Like its somehow watering down the real Batman's presence.

Its what would happen though.

I don't think that it waters down The Batman's presence at all. The Vigilante's won't have major roles but they will be important. They are running around, trying to do good, but only causing chaos. They frustrate the Joker in his search for the real Batman, and most importantly help to promote the theme of escalation throughout the movie.

Has anyone seen the scene from B89 were that kid is dressed as Batman? It kind of ruins it. I'm glad the scene was cut.
I just find it wierd, that Batman is still in his first year, and everyone knowds he's a man in a mask, and they have seen enough of him to copy his suit.

I thought Batman tries not to get captured on camera? I thought he want's people to think he's a demon?

Somehow, i don't like this idea at all.
I know its probably realistic and would happen. (Thats if he didn't get captured by the cops in a week and thrown into prison) but it just doesn't sit well with me at all.

The Batmen are one of the best ideas of TDK.

Has anyone seen the scene from B89 were that kid is dressed as Batman? It kind of ruins it. I'm glad the scene was cut.
I just find it wierd, that Batman is still in his first year, and everyone knowds he's a man in a mask, and they have seen enough of him to copy his suit.

He's a trend, something cool to imitate and an inspiration to some citizens. Makes sense, and it's a clever way to show Gotham's reaction to Batman.

I thought Batman tries not to get captured on camera? I thought he want's people to think he's a demon?

Demon? That doesn't even happen in the comics.

He's a trend, something cool to imitate and an inspiration to some citizens. Makes sense, and it's a clever way to show Gotham's reaction to Batman.

Demon? That doesn't even happen in the comics.

Yeah it does. They think he's a creature, a giant bat, a vampirte, a demon. All kinds of things have been said and thought about the Batman over the years. Even that he doesn't exist. Some even think the GCPD made him up. Others that there are multiple version of the same man doing the same job.They point is, most people believe he is ANYTHING but one man in a mask.

Everyone wants to be a hero, in someway, so a lot of people would see a man dressed like a bat and decide to copy him, thinking it would work for them. To me it adds to the legend and mystery of Batman, makes him almost like an immortal or "everlasting"

Thrawn: I disagree with that point. It's been established in many continuities by most Gothamites that he's man in a costume. In some continuities, they realize it from the beginning.

Thrawn: I disagree with that point. It's been established in many continuities by most Gothamites that he's man in a costume. In some continuities, they realize it from the beginning.

Iread and scene mutiple versions. I like the take where they think he is a creature. I prefer it. thats why i don't like this direction. All i can do it trust in Nolan.

Okay.
Don't trust Nolan, though, he's taking the direction where the Gothamites don't think he's a demon or a vampire (lol).

I don't like this idea of mutiple fake Batman runnning around Gotham city in the movie. Something about it sickens me.

Why on earth is it sickening?? It's just part of Nolan's adaptation. I'm sure that it has a large impact on the movie or it wouldn't be included. Imposter Batmen that have to face the wrath of the real Batman sounds like a fun scene to me.

Magpie or Orca is sickening to me :woot:

Why on earth is it sickening?? It's just part of Nolan's adaptation. I'm sure that it has a large impact on the movie or it wouldn't be included. Imposter Batmen that have to face the wrath of the real Batman sounds like a fun scene to me.

Magpie or Orca is sickening to me :woot:

Same reason Marmite sickens me. Personal taste.

Batman's a symbol. People look up to him and want to be like him.

That's in the comics. In the movies, he ends up in a televised car chase.

I don't mind the presence of vigilantes, it helps with the escalation theme, and let's face it, it could be a real issue if Batman were real.

I don't think there is anything in this movie that you wouldn't complain about - so there you have it.

Shiiit, shouldn't have looked at this thread.

Maybe it's time to leave this board...

The Vigilante's won't have major roles but they will be important.

I agree although I think that they won't even be that important. They won't be running around all the time. Just in the beginning of the movie. Batman has to save the copycats and that's when they realize that they should leave this stuff to the professionals. :batty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"