The Dark Knight Rises Batgirl

First off, this should NOT happen in a Nolan movie, unless they make a Batman Begins 5 or something.

That said, out of deference to history and my personal bias, you go with Barbara Gordon. Barbara's origin can be easily adapted, as done in B:TAS, to tie directly to Batman's influence (even more than her true origin). This could go toward showing what a positive impact Batman is having on Gotham. I like Cassie, but whenever someone says Batgirl, I'll think of Babs first.

i agree i wouldn't really want to see 'Batgirl' in a nolan film, maybe a barbara gordon or oracle? but i was just interseted in which actresses people would choose for babs and cassie.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a Barbara Gordon cameo or a passing reference. Never really casting much thought. I'm drawing a blank off the top of my head. Gotta mull that one over...

i'd prolly pick rachel mcadams, she is hawt, and i would love to see her dressed in tight leather :p

wouldn't have a clue who to cast as cassie though

Sienna Guillory popped into my mind for Barbara and Alicia Witt did as well. Cassie is tough; maybe Mila Kunis.

These are just random though.

Jackie as Cassie?
i haven't seen her in anything else so i can't really comment on that one.

Scarlett Johansson is my pick for Barbara. She's a great actress, around the right age, is already working with Nolan on The Prestige, and she's is absolutely gorgeous. Dye her hair red and she'd be perfect for Barbara.

01.jpg

b7cdb0c091.jpg

14435852_b5d78e39d3.jpg

Yea, if they were to introduce Batgirl into Nolan's films it would have to be like the 6th or more...because you have to introduce Robin first and several of Batman's villains. Not a bad idea of saying Scarlett Johansson could be her. I could see that. But would prefer a redhead for the role.

NO sidekicks. Not even Robin. :batman: :up:

I'm honestly of two minds about this...

The film fan in me thinks, knows, that Cassie's origin and personality would fit with the style of Nolan's films perfectly, and would really make for quite an interesting storyline. One that wouldn't be at all campy, childish, or even greatly unrealistic.

However, the comic fan in me hates that idea simply because, obviously, it would greatly go against accepted comic book continuity. This...side of me would rather see Dick introduced in the 4th film, then a Barbara Gordon Batgirl introduced in #5 or 6 (if we have a BB5 or 6).

So far, the comic fan perspective is winning...but I honestly don't think I'd complain much if Nolan went directly to Cassie Cain. :o

trustyside-kick said:
Yea, if they were to introduce Batgirl into Nolan's films it would have to be like the 6th or more...because you have to introduce Robin first and several of Batman's villains. Not a bad idea of saying Scarlett Johansson could be her. I could see that. But would prefer a redhead for the role.

As I said, dye her hair. It would be nice for a redhead to grab the part, but I can't think of any redheads in the proper age range of the character (Barbara always struck me as being between 18 and 25 years old). Lindsay Lohan woul've been okay about a year and a half ago, but she's made a major transformation since then and she's reached a point where I just can't stand her.

With that in mind, Scarlett to me seems to be the perfect choice for the role. I'd also love to see Keira Knightley in the part, but she seems better suited for Talia to me (though I'd prefer Rachel Weisz for Talia). But at the moment, I feel Scarlett is the best choice for the role.

Depending on who cast as Barbara depends on age range, like what age should she be in a film?

Super_Ludacris said:
Depending on who cast as Barbara depends on age range, like what age should she be in a film?

Early 20s' IMO.

Then I guess Anyone from Keria Knightley to Jessica Biel to Scarlett Johannsen to Elisha Cuthbert

Super_Ludacris said:
Then I guess Anyone from Keria Knightley to Jessica Biel to Scarlett Johannsen to Elisha Cuthbert

Wow, Biel's younger than I thought. I don't think she's that strong of an actress though, at least compared to the other three you posted. And Elisha Cuthebert is better suited for Harley Quinn.

Lotta people mentioned Biel and Cuthbert for Babs before on these boards

Super_Ludacris said:
Lotta people mentioned Biel and Cuthbert for Babs before on these boards

Yeah, I saw you're poll from awhile back.

warren_sparta27 said:
is you were to have cassie or babs in a begins sequal, who would you cast?
rachel mcadams as babs. i dont care for cassie.
batgirl2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"