The Dark Knight Batman and Superman

Ronny Shade said:
Bryan Singer and Christopher Nolan both qualify as "one hell of a director."
I'm sure there's someone else out there who can pull it off as well.

But his name is probably not Wolfgang Peterson.

Uwe Boll?

yes Uwe Boll would be perfect

honestly, how does that man still get work?

Ronny Shade said:
yes Uwe Boll would be perfect

honestly, how does that man still get work?
Uwe Boll? But uwes don't have bolls - rams do.

Seriously though, if he can screw up BloodRayne, I wouldn't want him anywhere near any comic adapation. Even UnderDog. That dude touches UnderDog I will chop his hand off.

Edit: By the way, 800th post, y'all.

AnimeJune said:
Seriously though, if he can screw up BloodRayne, I wouldn't want him anywhere near any comic adapation. Even UnderDog. That dude touches UnderDog I will chop his hand off.

uwe_bollenemy.jpg

Rynan said:
Huh, straight nose, all his teeth, it looks like no one's ever punched him in the face at all. That makes no sense.

A think they should do something like this -
Batman 4 - Mr. Freeze
Batman 5 - Bane/No Man's Land/Ra's Returns
Batman 6 - NML/Lex Shows up to get his hands on Gotham and Sups shows up to help out.......just like the comics baby

Ronny Shade said:
Bryan Singer and Christopher Nolan both qualify as "one hell of a director."
I'm sure there's someone else out there who can pull it off as well.

But his name is probably not Wolfgang Peterson.
Peterson is a much better director then Singer.

I've never seen a Wolfgang Peterson movie that I liked. Please point me to one that you believe is good.

SpyderDan said:
Okay then. WB made the right call, don't you think?

Of course, I don't want Batman vs Superman movie anyway and I rather have franchises solo. like they do it now.:up:

Wise said:
Batman and Superman would not juxtapose right on screen.

In order for one to work on film you have to make the environment incredibly dark and gritty and have a verisimilitude type feel to the world.

The other requires fantasty and sci fi elements to work with bright hues and over the top epic feel to it.

In order to do have these characters together in a motion picture you'd have to do an entire movie which mixes both styles. That being said, it'd take ONE HELL OF A DIRECROR and crew to get that project right.

Film is a different medium to the comics. In the comics anything can work, because the entire medium is associated with fantastical stories. FIlm however is based on a more realistic style of storytelling.

blah blah blah *insert buzzword* blah blah blah. man, this really irritates me about the new Batman franchise, it seems to have sucked all fantasy elements out of batman. It's a simple fact that bats and superman have co-existed in the same universe for over half a century, and now with all this "realism" jive everyone seems to be against the two ever meeting up on film. Batman isn't real, and never could exist in the real world, so why should the character be brought down to our level? I say superheroes han exist quite easily in their own universe, it's only when we try to apply our own rationale to these characters that things get screwed up, and even longtime fans don't know what they want anymore

I believe that Nolan did the right thing to make Batman's origins grounded in reality.

However, if they shun the supernatural and the science fiction for the whole franchise, that will be a mistake.

exactly, If he ignores the rest of the DCU, then this franchise will be in reality an elseworlds series, so to speak

most comic movies ignore the rest of the universe. Batman and the rest of the DCU heroes were nowhere to be scene in the old Superman Movies. Daredevil made no mention of Spider-Man or the X-Men.

My problem is more in the fact that a bunch of Batman's excellent rogues are a bit too "weird" to be in a "realistic" universe. Man-Bat, Bane, Poison Ivy, Etrigan, etc.

My sollution there would be to alter the nature of the universe, who says it has to be "realistic"? It's a guy dressed up as a bat that fights crime!

I believe there's a happy medium between begins and say, forever. whereby it's still batman, yet still believable (to an extent)

Yes, having nipples on a rubber suit :o

kenellard said:
My sollution there would be to alter the nature of the universe, who says it has to be "realistic"? It's a guy dressed up as a bat that fights crime!
Yes, but you also forget that the other heroes, and the film rights of them, aren't all owned by the same studios. Spider-Man's owned by Sony, the Fantastic Four by Fox, etc. It's probably a violation of copyright law to have them both in the same movie. That's why.

Besides - realism adds drama. Ever hear the saying "truth is stranger than fiction"? True, there's never been a Batman, but what Nolan's trying to portray with his films is that, theoretically, if a man was rich, crazy, and trained enough - he could possibly because a caped crimefighter.

By all means, keep the science fiction stuff - but don't add Batman's world to Superman's in film. Nor magic - most films do without magic and aliens.

1) Superman's boring - why? Because he has no limitations, so there's no real conflict without having to bring space aliens into it.
2) Superhero movies are aimed at GENERAL AUDIENCES, not just comic book fans. They can't overwhelm the audiences with information they may not necessarily have spent their lives reading, like fanboys.

Like how in Xmen 3 they made Phoenix an alternate personality instead of a world-devouring space alien? Same reason - too much information at once.

3) What would be the point? Batman and Superman are on entirely different superhero levels - they fight different levels of crime. Batman is local, Superman is global. It wouldn't fit.

cheap-o comebacks now? jeez. I would've said returns or batman '89 but I think that's a type of batman only tim burton could possibly pull off, so I went for the lesser of two evils (or "the one schumacher made that is physically possible to watch")

Superman is not boring.

Not when done correctly, anyway

Ronny Shade said:
Superman is not boring.

Not when done correctly, anyway
Fair - but I've only read him done incorrectly, then.

"Nothing can hurt me, so let's see me go up against a sentient planet." *yawn*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"