Batman: Arkham City - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...since it's the fictional character...I'm pretty sure it's breaking the fourth wall any way you look at it.
I'm not sure how to word it, but I mean like he could be acting like an actor, where the game is a movie and he's showing that even though something happens in the game doesn't necessarily mean it really happened since its just another story.

Batman: Arkham City has so far won four VGAs at tonight's show:

*Best Xbox 360 Game
*Best Action Adventure Game
*Best Adapted Video Game
and Mark Hamill as the Joker was awarded with the Character of the Year trophy

Personally, I never cared for Batman, who hides in the shadows, having a light on his chest. And wouldn't a light on Batman's chest mess up the stealth gameplay?

I think what Batman would do is that he would have his cape draped over him so that the oval was concealed when he was trying to be stealthy. The main purpose of the oval was to draw gunfire to his chest, which was heavily protected, so that other parts of him wouldn't get shot.

Man that was so nerdy I think I regained my virginity.

VERY disappointed in the Riddler ending. You go through all that and you can't even give him a beatdown like you did with Penguin?

I'm mixed on his ending. I would've to have thrown a massive combo on him, but I felt incredibly satisfied when I subjected him to his own torture device. Especially when I kept standing in front of him and he'd start freaking out.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the year one costume in the pack, all the advertised pics showed the arkham asylum costume instead but I'm glad it's the mazzucchelli one, it's really cool

I'm mixed on his ending. I would've to have thrown a massive combo on him, but I felt incredibly satisfied when I subjected him to his own torture device. Especially when I kept standing in front of him and he'd start freaking out.

Yea i thought his ending was perfect. There was no need to combo him, or get in a fist fight with him. Pulling him through the floor was great. His facial expression was brilliant.

Batman: Arkham City has so far won four VGAs at tonight's show:

*Best Xbox 360 Game
*Best Action Adventure Game
*Best Adapted Video Game
and Mark Hamill as the Joker was awarded with the Character of the Year trophy

[YT]M6TDywqQ0J0[/YT]

Joker's acceptance speech :awesome:

I'm not sure how to word it, but I mean like he could be acting like an actor, where the game is a movie and he's showing that even though something happens in the game doesn't necessarily mean it really happened since its just another story.

Well, after seeing this...

[YT]M6TDywqQ0J0[/YT]

Joker's acceptance speech :awesome:

Joker says "I don't need this anymore"....

possibly breaking the fourth wall, obviously, but also remarking [BLACKOUT]on his death[/BLACKOUT]?

Finally beat New Game Plus. Can someone explain to me why groups of thugs are much more difficult than bosses?

Seriously. The final Clayface fight was a cake-walk. The Joker fight, on the other hand, had me just about ready to rip my TV off the wall.

Because there are more directions around you that can get hit plus the enemy type is different so you always have to be changing up how you fight. Clayface fight you just have to pay attention to what he is doing.

Yeah playing Game Plus pisses me THE F*** OFF. :cmad:

The worst part about New Game Plus is that since you can do multiple counters at once, it's very easy to miss one (or 2) and just end up getting your ass handed to you when you're fighting 15 thugs at once. I have very little to complain about with the game but sometimes NG+ isn't very nice. And I'm also in the group of people kinda upset that Rocksteady clearly doesn't understand the point of a "New Game +" if it's only one replay of the story with those upgrades. :down

Oh and Catwoman's Predator Challenges are based completely on luck and annoying as hell. The small things happen to be the worst parts of her, like simply jumping off a gargoyle to take someone down normally ends up with bullets flying immediately after landing 20ft. away from where I wanted to land.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm barely into new game plus and those thug battles are frustrating the hell out of me. I'm scared what to expect when i get to the penguin gladiator pit part.

The only thing that would make it seem fake is that it was the Joker and well considering his fate in AC, why would he even have a script of the game, unless its like breaking the fourth wall and admitting that the game is really just a story or something and its not real.

It's a joke, simple as that. The fact that you're trying to tie this one-off award show skit into the cannon is blowing my ****ing mind.

I will eat my hat if they actually call the next one Arkham World.

Last edited:
I will eat my hat if they actually call the next one Arkham World.

If the third game is indeed titled Batman: Arkham World, I want you to tape yourself eating your hat and showing it to the SHH! forums and YouTube :oldrazz:

If the third game is indeed titled Batman: Arkham World, I want you to tape yourself eating your hat and showing it to the SHH! forums and YouTube :oldrazz:

And your hat can't be made out of cake.

LOL, Arkham World?

i seriously doubt it will be called that. in fact, i don't think the third game will have anything to do with Arkham. with all the clues and Easter eggs we got in Arkham City, it sure seems that the 3rd game will primarily take place in Gotham.

Yeah, I would definitely prefer Batman: Gotham City over AW.

LOL, Arkham World?

i seriously doubt it will be called that. in fact, i don't think the third game will have anything to do with Arkham. with all the clues and Easter eggs we got in Arkham City, it sure seems that the 3rd game will primarily take place in Gotham.
What in the game points towards Gotham?

Yeah I'm barely into new game plus and those thug battles are frustrating the hell out of me. I'm scared what to expect when i get to the penguin gladiator pit part.

That's where it pissed me off. I found out using the ice grenades helps.

If u are having trouble due to the lack of counter icons, slow down. It might take a little longer and ur combo might not be as high but ull get the job done.

And your hat can't be made out of cake.

Yes. This.

LOL, Arkham World?

What points the third game being in Gotham? We get clues on other villains and Azazel, but that doesn't specifically mean it's all about Gotham. Heck, take out those walls in Arkham City, and you're in Gotham. It doesn't have to be called Gotham at all.

Arkham World sticks with the 'Arkham' theme, which I think will only keep it in tradition, but I don't expect it to have some kind of Arkham idea, like Arkham City. I think it'll just show how bat-**** crazy Gotham has become, and further on. With Azazel mentioning 'hell on Earth' and what not, it would make sense if the entire world is in stake, but I don't think Batman will be traveling abroad, though.

I've beaten New Game+ twice now, so you guys are a bunch of sissies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"