• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman: Arkham City - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I'm sticking with Robin.

Same. Robin is my 4th favorite comic character of all time behind Nightwing, Batman and Spider-Man. So, naturally, if I get a chance to play as two of the 4, I'll go for it.

I'm confused with all these pre-order bonuses,I mean I know they will be unlockable in the game anyway or DLC later on.....But Best Buy is giving Robin and so what is Gamestop offering?

Gamestop's offering an extra Challenge map, I believe. Joker's challenge map...not the Joker himself.

Robin, The Dark Knight Returns, Penguin's Club have been confirmed as early-access DLC so we're on the assumption it goes for everything, which it how it should be.

I didn't know Robin was confirmed...hmm...I'll have to make a decision soon on where I'm going to pre-order...

I believe Gamestop is offering Joker challenge maps, at least here in the States.
I must have that Beyond suit. OMG. :csad:

So stoked, today, after countless tries, I beat Shock and Awe Extreme and finally achieved 100% in AA. Ahhhhhhhh.

so the costumes aren't dlc but early access to them ?

So, what do you think the chances are that the Beyond suit gets some extra stuff added or minor gameplay changes?

I loved how the costumes in Spider-Man on the PS1, came with extra stuff. Like more strength (2099), unlimited webbing (Symbiont) or invisibility (Unlimited). I would love if the Batman Beyond suit could go invisible. Or if it has the boosters in his feet, so we don't have to yank ourselves into the air with the grappling hook. Or maybe something just as minor as the Batarangs changing their shape to look like the Beyond Batarangs.

But even if it doesn't come with any of that, I'll still love the hell out of this suit.

I think it's doubtful. But, what could be really great, is if you needed to unlock all the skins in order to find all of Riddler's challenges. Like you said, the Beyond suit would be able to do things your gadgets couldn't and help reach unattainable locations.

The TDKR suit could be used to kidnap teenage girls. :awesome:
The 70's suit? Not sure.

If that were a reality, I'd cancel my pre-order now and run to Toys R Us.

"early access"as in before DLC is released or unlocked without having to do anything for it.....or both???

During fights, the screen should light up with POW! WHAM! BAM! :awesome:

That would be a great challenge map. A setting from the Adam West show, something brightly colored, and every time you hit someone or get hit you get a "POW!" or "WHAM!".

Make it happen, Rocksteady!

the Batman Beyond costume is cool, but, imo, it just doesn't look right on Bruce. Probably because it's Bruce's build in that costume, whereas Terry's BB was a bit smaller and more agile and sleeker with the costume.

also, BB should have an entirely different "style" than Bruce Batman. So, if the BB costume is merely a skin and doesn't really affect gameplay, it loses some of its appeal.

"early access"as in before DLC is released or unlocked without having to do anything for it.....or both???

I dont think it matters. EVERY preorder "bonus" is just early access stuff. Rather its early access to DLC that'll eventually come out or early access to something that you'd have to unlock in game. Everyone will have an opportunity to get every preorder bonus.

Could they even DO an Adam West skin? Isn't the show tied up with FOX due to right issues? I remember the Brave and the Bold show had to rename King Tut in order to show him.

I dont think it matters. EVERY preorder "bonus" is just early access stuff. Rather its early access to DLC that'll eventually come out or early access to something that you'd have to unlock in game. Everyone will have an opportunity to get every preorder bonus.
well yeah it does matter. He wants to know if he is getting this stuff when he pays for the game or if he will have to dish out additional cash for each piece of content thats not included. If its the later, it will defiently affect where people choose to get the game

Here's another picture I managed to find over at the Arkham forums. I was never really a big fan of Batman Beyond, atleast not until the "Epilogue" episode of Justice League Unlimited...but it does look pretty cool. And I think it's Bruce's Batman Beyond outfit, and not Terry's...since he's built like a ****ing ****brick house.

bKd24.png

They are ****ing answering my prayers. I'll get that skin one way or the other.:cmad:

so suits so far

- Arkham city
- 70's Batman
- Batman Beyond
- Dark Knight Returns

i wonder if there will be anymore :D

well yeah it does matter. He wants to know if he is getting this stuff when he pays for the game or if he will have to dish out additional cash for each piece of content thats not included. If its the later, it will defiently affect where people choose to get the game

If they release costumes as paid dlc, they won't be that much. So again, it doesn't matter. Everyone will have access to all the dlc regardless of where they preorder

so suits so far

- Arkham city
- 70's Batman
- Batman Beyond
- Dark Knight Returns

i wonder if there will be anymore :D

I certainly hope so. I'm stoked for all the costumes but I don't really think any of the ones they've shown look that great. Hate the Beyond and 70's outfit and am not crazy about the returns outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"