Batman: Arkham Knight

I got it day 1 and had very few bugs in fact no joke I had more bugs with knight then I did with origins. I guess I got the lucky copy or something. But yeah I don't get it. I had like 3 bugs and they where all small ones and didn't happened often. My real only issues with origins is I didn't like the story I know ever one loves origins story but I thought its story was weak and more predictable then the other Arkham games that and the game didn't do much to really make it fell different then city. It almost felt like city 2.0 or something.

its ironic bc Origins did get alot of flack but AK was utterly broken on PC for months and they finally had to give up on fixxing it when there was some stuff, they couldnt correct. An utter mess

I got it day 1 and had very few bugs in fact no joke I had more bugs with knight then I did with origins. I guess I got the lucky copy or something. But yeah I don't get it. I had like 3 bugs and they where all small ones and didn't happened often. My real only issues with origins is I didn't like the story I know ever one loves origins story but I thought its story was weak and more predictable then the other Arkham games that and the game didn't do much to really make it fell different then city. It almost felt like city 2.0 or something.

I tend to look at Origins' story as being an example of how storytelling can make for a better experience for what would otherwise be a trite plot.

Make no mistake, Arkham City was playing for bigger marbles and bigger "events": Joker's swan song and death, Clayface's subterfuge, Protocol 10's mass murdering insanity, Ra's Al Ghul having a headquarters right in the middle of Arkham City, etc. City's issue was more in its construction as a story; it's still Good, but vast portions of the story act as glorified fetch quests (find Freeze to find the cure, find Ra's to help make the cure, find where Harley took the cure, etc) and our two antagonists are barely tied to each other (Strange gives Joker guns and... that's really it; nothing Joker did would alter Strange's plans, and vice versa).

City also has a somewhat more flat Batman. When people occasionally accused Conroy of being colder, they were actually noticing how very little of an arc Batman has in the game. And that was intentional, I think; Rocksteady's 3 games all seem to focus on making a very broad and somewhat vague Batman so the player character can inhabit him. That's part of the reason why Rocksteady's Batman always seems to be a loner to a fault.

Origins, as a prequel, starts off at a much smaller place in terms of stakes and tension, since we know at least some of the inevitable outcomes. That means they had to use more finesse in storytelling and make their "event" more intimate. So they give most of the characters a dynamic arc: Batman has to mature and learn to cooperate with others over the night, Joker has his archenemy epiphany with Batman and thus changes his life goals to torment the Bat, Gordon has to learn to trust Batman as an ally, Bane goes too far in his obsession with beating Batman and loses everything.

And while doing that, Origins also constructs its story more as a movie. There's no fetch quest to move the plot along. Instead it's a series of mysteries and battles with fallout. Our two main villains, Joker and Bane, are even given a subplot about how they're strictly allies of convenience. And it focuses on a greater quantity of major scenes rather than the size of the scene; they don't match Joker's death, but they give you Batman realizing Bane knows who he is, give you Bruce and Gordon's friendship forged in fire, have Bane attack Alfred and almost break Bruce, and even has a far more emotionally powerful DLC in Cold Cold Heart than City's Harley Quinn's revenge.

I tend to look at Origins' story as being an example of how storytelling can make for a better experience for what would otherwise be a trite plot.

Make no mistake, Arkham City was playing for bigger marbles and bigger "events": Joker's swan song and death, Clayface's subterfuge, Protocol 10's mass murdering insanity, Ra's Al Ghul having a headquarters right in the middle of Arkham City, etc. City's issue was more in its construction as a story; it's still Good, but vast portions of the story act as glorified fetch quests (find Freeze to find the cure, find Ra's to help make the cure, find where Harley took the cure, etc) and our two antagonists are barely tied to each other (Strange gives Joker guns and... that's really it; nothing Joker did would alter Strange's plans, and vice versa).

City also has a somewhat more flat Batman. When people occasionally accused Conroy of being colder, they were actually noticing how very little of an arc Batman has in the game. And that was intentional, I think; Rocksteady's 3 games all seem to focus on making a very broad and somewhat vague Batman so the player character can inhabit him. That's part of the reason why Rocksteady's Batman always seems to be a loner to a fault.

Origins, as a prequel, starts off at a much smaller place in terms of stakes and tension, since we know at least some of the inevitable outcomes. That means they had to use more finesse in storytelling and make their "event" more intimate. So they give most of the characters a dynamic arc: Batman has to mature and learn to cooperate with others over the night, Joker has his archenemy epiphany with Batman and thus changes his life goals to torment the Bat, Gordon has to learn to trust Batman as an ally, Bane goes too far in his obsession with beating Batman and loses everything.

And while doing that, Origins also constructs its story more as a movie. There's no fetch quest to move the plot along. Instead it's a series of mysteries and battles with fallout. Our two main villains, Joker and Bane, are even given a subplot about how they're strictly allies of convenience. And it focuses on a greater quantity of major scenes rather than the size of the scene; they don't match Joker's death, but they give you Batman realizing Bane knows who he is, give you Bruce and Gordon's friendship forged in fire, have Bane attack Alfred and almost break Bruce, and even has a far more emotionally powerful DLC in Cold Cold Heart than City's Harley Quinn's revenge.

I have only played cold cold heart once I need to go back and play it again don't really remember it but the whole joker being black mask thing just worried origins story for me and I saw that coming pretty early in the game much earlier then who Arkham knight was in Arkham knight but I know I am in the minority one that one. I did love the bane finding out who batman is though and him attacking Alfred it was the highlight of the story but really the only good part of its story. So yeah I love origins over all but it is basicly city but with a much worse story to me has like I said it didn't do much to make it different then city gameplay wise. Aslyum I still like a lot but after playing city, origins and knight it is almost hard to play asylum any more with how limited the combat was and with how much smaller the game is and with no side missions. Knight, city, orings, asylum in that order from best to worst first 3 are all very close though. Loved loved the xmas sound to origins soundtrack.

Last edited:
its ironic bc Origins did get alot of flack but AK was utterly broken on PC for months and they finally had to give up on fixxing it when there was some stuff, they couldnt correct. An utter mess

Yeah I was talking more about its console version then PC but yeah I know PC had a big issue. I don't remember if it was asluym or city but I know one of those 2 also ha a lot of issue on PC so it wasn't just knight that had a lot of issues on PC.

In Origins I faced the com tower glitch, I don't remember in which area but I do remember it's the one with the cage locking up on you once you hack Riddler's device, faced it on both PC and PS3.
PS3 copy started glitching on me hard after a while of not playing the game, I had to uninstall it.

As a primarily PC player. Arkham Knight is the only game in the franchise with a dodgy port on PC. Cold Cold Heart is gold standard for DLC in this series. Nothing else in this series even comes close. I actually recently finished the season of infamy which I consider a distant second. The atrociously written moral choice in the Rad Al Ghul mission really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Like you I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I got this for PS4 instead.

A few more comments:

I played New Game+, and it's interesting how Gordon's commentary on Joker is told by Joker, with the end of it is his corpse jumping and laughing.

Fighting 60 tanks to protect GCPD is more of an annoyance in NG+, it's still not as impossible and over the top as Catwoman needing to stay in the middle 4 squares in Riddler's elevator in her DLC mission, one of them is borderline frustrating, the other is downright frustrating.

Speaking of DLCs, they really are very short for this game, with the exception of the Batgirl DLC prequel to Arkham Asylum, which is my favorite. Nightwing DLC is my second favorite.

As a primarily PC player. Arkham Knight is the only game in the franchise with a dodgy port on PC. Cold Cold Heart is gold standard for DLC in this series. Nothing else in this series even comes close. I actually recently finished the season of infamy which I consider a distant second. The atrociously written moral choice in the Rad Al Ghul mission really left a bad taste in my mouth.
I recently played AK on PC and don't remember any big problems that I encountered.

So, I pretty much "finished" the game few months ago and I only have the Riddler trophies left to find. Since they are a ****ing chore to get them all, can I just activate the Knightfall protocol to see the ending and come back later for the trophies or will I have to re-play the whole game in NG+?

PS: I know about the partial ending if I don't have 100% of Most Wanted done.

Seeing Riddler on a big screen denying that Bruce Wayne is Batman is hilarious. I enjoy that guy's comments in this game.
I recently played AK on PC and don't remember any big problems that I encountered.

So, I pretty much "finished" the game few months ago and I only have the Riddler trophies left to find. Since they are a ****ing chore to get them all, can I just activate the Knightfall protocol to see the ending and come back later for the trophies or will I have to re-play the whole game in NG+?

PS: I know about the partial ending if I don't have 100% of Most Wanted done.
In NG+ at least you'll activate the protocol, see the end credits with pictures from cinematics of the Rocksteady trilogy, and an ending image of "Complete all side missions to activate the full Knightfall Protocol ending".

You need those trophies to fight the last fight with Riddler and put him to prison.

It's interesting how different the dialogue is by the side quest bosses when they know Bruce Wayne is Batman after the end of the main story, Two-Face and Penguin at least have special words to share.

Seeing Riddler on a big screen denying that Bruce Wayne is Batman is hilarious. I enjoy that guy's comments in this game.
In NG+ at least you'll activate the protocol, see the end credits with pictures from cinematics of the Rocksteady trilogy, and an ending image of "Complete all side missions to activate the full Knightfall Protocol ending".

You need those trophies to fight the last fight with Riddler and put him to prison.
Yeah I know. I just can't be arsed to find all trophies and solve all riddles now (got some games to go through this holiday).

I'll get to it one day, eventually.

Sort of on topic but I decided to pick up my first Hot Toy and the details are astounding. I’ll definitely be snapping more photos once I pick up my glass display cabinet from Ikea. :up:

C3_E4842_F_7898_4842_AF63_018706_F2_EFFF.jpg

Sort of on topic but I decided to pick up my first Hot Toy and the details are astounding. I’ll definitely be snapping more photos once I pick up my glass display cabinet from Ikea. :up:

C3_E4842_F_7898_4842_AF63_018706_F2_EFFF.jpg
That is a nice piece.

My problem with Origins was the dumb bait and switch plot for Black Mask/Joker, and then they did it again with Arkham Knight with Knight/Red Hood. That's after DC Entertainment promised Arkham Knight was a completely original character, and we already knew Red Hood would be in the game.

Any day now would be great. :csad:

"Games as a service" and "Batman" are two things I absolutely never want to see together. Ever. The idea is equal to swimming in a pool of feces.

Last edited:
Eh, as long as they get something going...im open for everything at the moment.
I need to know that the Arkham series isnt over...or at least the Arkham Knight gameplay.

Rocksteady did such a good work making the absolut best foundation for a Batman video game, it would be a god damn shame if this foundation is put on a shelf.
There is still so much that you can do with the engine, the gameplay, the combat etc.

I'm so done with rumors. Both Rocksteady and Montreal have been advertising various jobs for a while now, it could literally be anything.

Lets just see what E3 brings.

I'm not gonna be constantly paying for **** just because it's a new Batgame.

WB games already tried the whole microtransaction ******** with Lord of the Rings. I'm not putting it past them to try that heresy with Batman.

Eh, as long as they get something going...im open for everything at the moment.
I need to know that the Arkham series isnt over...or at least the Arkham Knight gameplay.

Rocksteady did such a good work making the absolut best foundation for a Batman video game, it would be a god damn shame if this foundation is put on a shelf.
There is still so much that you can do with the engine, the gameplay, the combat etc.

I'm so done with rumors. Both Rocksteady and Montreal have been advertising various jobs for a while now, it could literally be anything.

Lets just see what E3 brings.

so here's what I have to sayI'm in the same mind set of both you two here. I don't think Rock steady is doing any thing dc games related and is doing something else al together. wb montreal may be doing somthing but I not buying into any of the rumors.

now a batman game with the batman family(and posible arrow allies )and others like the huntress in a new rebirth of the genre of both Final fight & streets of Rage Co-op with detective element sound appealing to me . but it depends on the execution. if it's not done right like you control who join's you like ifyou only want your buddies that you know play with . and it's an selectable optional mode ....

so I'm iffy but it's best to see what E3 bring as Pfeiffer fan said.

Last edited:
I started playing this last week (though its been in my room for over a year now) and I'm already at 82% completion and 95% in story mode. Its really good. Other than Spider-Man games, I don't think I have played an open world superhero videogame. But boy, even in easy mode, this game can be freaking difficult. The cloudburst tank nearly killed me. I thought I was completely done. It took me two days! I already got most of the side missions done. But Deathstroke's final stage... I tried it once and even though it is much easier that the cloudburst tank battle, I don't think I have the effort right now to finish it. The riddler challenges are just so confusing. I sorta want to complete everything, but I just dont have the will to find and finish every Riddler challenge. Also catching up to the APCs and Firefly is eXtremely annoying. I haven't finished those yet. So those four side missions are the only ones I haven't finished yet other than the main story. I kinda want to finish them now just to see them locked up but Im just done with how difficult they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"