Batman: Arkham Knight

Rumor: Rocksteady’s Next Title Will Be a New Batman: Arkham Game

Following a leaked video of an alleged RPG set within the Harry Potter universe, some might have assumed that Rocksteady was the developing team behind it. According to another rumor that surfaced today on Resetera and various subreddits, the studio tied to that Harry Potter game is supposedly Avalanche Software, which also happens to be a Warner Bros. studio. Rocksteady’s apparent new title will be another addition to the Arkham series, called Batman: Arkham Universe and will supposedly be announced at X018. For those that were excited about rumors regarding a Justice League or Superman title, it seems you’ll have to put that dream on hold for a while.

The whistleblower that dropped this hint also provided an intriguing amount of supposed game details for Batman: Arkham Universe:

• Release Date: Fall 2019
  • Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
  • Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
  • Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
  • Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
  • Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
  • Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
  • There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
  • Main Villain: Court of Owls
  • Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
  • Every character is available in free roam.
  • Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
  • Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
  • Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
  • Stealth segments make you work together
  • Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
  • Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
  • New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual
  • takedown to get them down)
  • Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
  • Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
  • This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games.
What sounds insanely cool about this rumor is the inclusion of multiplayer. What fans of the series wouldn’t want to explore Gotham and take on enemies together by being synchronized badasses?

But again, this is just a rumor. The prospect is certainly an exciting one, but we shouldn’t fire up the hype train just yet.

Source: Rumor: Rocksteady's Next Title Will Be A New Arkham Game

Please be true. I need my fix.

Good to hear but shame if that means no Supes or JL game. I hadn't heard about this Harry Potter RPG though. Would definitely be interested in that.

If this is legit, then I'll wait for reviews first. The moment I find out Joker is the main baddie, I'm out.

It would be utterly hilarious after all the Superman game assumptions. :funny:

If this is true, this feels like a do over after how all the cool ideas in Arkham Knight ended up being wasted, especially in terms of gameplay.

Would be fun to play as Batwoman finally. :atp:

If all of this is legit, I wonder when it'll take place. Would it even take place in the same timeline as the other Arkham games? According to the leak, Red Hood will be a playable character, which means it would have to take place after Arkham City. But after Arkham City's storyline, Batman is "dead". Or well, everyone believes Bruce Wayne to be dead. But some sort of Bat wraith still roams the night.

Yeah, nothing about that rumor excites me. The only rumored Arkham game that sounded remotely interested was the Damian one. Otherwise, I wish Rocksteady did something new.

Also, considering that it mentions Batgirl, and assuming it's a sequel, would we be getting Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown?

Just completed City over the weekend, now, I didn't much side stuff and I intend to pick that up afterwards. But was just me or was the story on its own quite short?

Asylum felt much longer and more challenging to complete to me, even on normal.

While i would love to have this Arkham Universe...this sounds just too fake to me.
Especially considering they did Arkham Knight to "end" their Arkham game series.

Would seem kind of weird to go through all this, saying they are done with the arkham series and then do another one.

But i would literally love eveything about this...i always thought the Court of Owls would be so cool to see in a game.

This could be WB Montreal's BATMAN game. I just can't see Rocksteady working on this on unless WB literally twisted their arm and allowed them to develop their own IP afterwards or something.

Just completed City over the weekend, now, I didn't much side stuff and I intend to pick that up afterwards. But was just me or was the story on its own quite short?

Its very short, IMO. Doesn't help that it is basically a chase the cure story, with Protocol 10 thrown in at the end as a mini climax before the main climax with Joker (again).

Its very short, IMO. Doesn't help that it is basically a chase the cure story, with Protocol 10 thrown in at the end as a mini climax before the main climax with Joker (again).

Yeah I was honestly a bit disappointed when the credits came up. Asylum felt much longer. I still have some of the side stuff to do and the DLC, but I loved the gameplay of City so it’s a shame the main story didn’t match up.

City had my favorite gameplay in the series. I loved driving the Batmobile in Knight, though.

I'm 50/50 on this. First I want a great Superman game that would enrich my knowledge about Superman characters. Second Batman again? In the other hand ive only finished asylum, city and knight during three weeks of September and I kinda miss playing them even though i abandoned the riddler Stuff. A 4th rocksteady batman could still be exciting especially if they have a lot of characters that wernt featured before. Batwing and batcycle are a must if they are bringing back the batmobile. Also day scenes pls.

To me City has the best story. The quick pacing might make it feel short but its definitely longer than Asylum. The boss fights were also less frustrating. Though knight wins in terms of the map, graphics and side missions. I felt like I really cleaned up gotham and seeing the villains in 1 cell was a sight. Also i liked the evidence gallery.

Return to Arkham is on sale at PS Store for $4.99. I know the transfer has issues (and no Origins :argh:), but I'm thinking of biting at that price.

I have Return to Arkham. Honestly, you won't notice a lot of the problems while playing. So if you want to play them again, I'd definitely go for it. Especially at that price.

I barely had any problems with RTA, and having never played them before I loved them being available on PS4.

I'm just glad I have the first 3 games on PC. Arkham 1 and 2 seriously still look good enough without any of the Remaster Enhancements. And I've got Arkham Knight on PS4. The only game I'd buy again as a PS4 Remaster is Origins, and that's because I really want to play the game with the Az-Bat skin. ='D

azbat-skin-batman-arkham-origins.jpg

It's a damn shame the Azrael suit didn't return in Arkham Knight. The details on it would have been astounding, no doubt.

As long as it's a rumor, I'll ignore it.
Remember when a rumor was shared about Rocksteady developing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game? Good times, until we got the bad-mediocre stuff under the umbrella of Activision.
City had my favorite gameplay in the series. I loved driving the Batmobile in Knight, though.
Knight has my favorite gliding mechanics, and I adore that fear multi takedown and making guns explode and medics shocked.

It's a damn shame the Azrael suit didn't return in Arkham Knight. The details on it would have been astounding, no doubt.
Or it could be as a reskin of Arkham Knight outfit much like Batman Beyond suit.
How come Bane had no DLC mission? He might be the only villain from Asylum to not return in the final installment (and I don't count the VR one).

Knight has my favorite gliding mechanics, and I adore that fear multi takedown and making guns explode and medics shocked.
Hell yeah. The fear multi takedown was probably my favorite new thing about the combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"