Batman: Arkham Knight

So yesterday, I've finished the main story and I have to say that I didn't like playing the Joker for the final mission. And I've expected a grand boss battle with the Scarecrow. So the ending is quite meh and I'm not ready yet for Knight fall.

I've also finished all side missions but one. I was thrilled that I got to defeat Deathstroke, the APCs and the flying drones are all gone and Firefly, which took me 8 tries to finish the last two chase. I've also finished the Riddler's Revenge missions except for one. Having Catwoman in those motivated me, but damn I have to collect 246 all stuffs for the last fight and so far I only got like30. Its nice to see I'm almost at 100% and I pretty much earner majority of the upgrades but geez, I don't know if I could collect all trophies especially going back to Panessa which just gives me the creeps, I tried finding some of them but a lot of them are confusing.

I did all the side missions and main story a while back. It is definitely the 3rd best game in the Arkham trilogy, but it's still fun. If not for the Bat-Tank and if we had a real boss fight at the end, I think this could have held its own with Asylum/City.

So yesterday, I've finished the main story and I have to say that I didn't like playing the Joker for the final mission. And I've expected a grand boss battle with the Scarecrow. So the ending is quite meh and I'm not ready yet for Knight fall.I've also finished all side missions but one. I was thrilled that I got to defeat Deathstroke, the APCs and the flying drones are all gone and Firefly, which took me 8 tries to finish the last two chase. I've also finished the Riddler's Revenge missions except for one. Having Catwoman in those motivated me, but damn I have to collect 246 all stuffs for the last fight and so far I only got like30. Its nice to see I'm almost at 100% and I pretty much earner majority of the upgrades but geez, I don't know if I could collect all trophies especially going back to Panessa which just gives me the creeps, I tried finding some of them but a lot of them are confusing.
  • Use the remote controlled batarang to fly it all the way behind the top of the computer in Panessa Studios, then fly it in the space between the shutter and the door near the elevator.
  • The one with rotating statue is pretty frustrating to solve, you have to stop the statue from rotating on the letters making the word BAT in the right order, and never let the statue pass on reset.
  • There is a trophy that requires using explosive gel on the counterweight in one of the film studios, let the counterweight go up and blow it up as soon as it reaches the weak wall.

A game inspired by Batman The Long Halloween would be awesome, especially as a sequel to Arkham Origins.

After playing Knight/Asylum/City in that order, I honestly hope Wb focuses in giving other DC heroes their own videogame: Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash even Aquaman.

So yesterday, I've finished the main story and I have to say that I didn't like playing the Joker for the final mission. And I've expected a grand boss battle with the Scarecrow. So the ending is quite meh and I'm not ready yet for Knight fall.

I've also finished all side missions but one. I was thrilled that I got to defeat Deathstroke, the APCs and the flying drones are all gone and Firefly, which took me 8 tries to finish the last two chase. I've also finished the Riddler's Revenge missions except for one. Having Catwoman in those motivated me, but damn I have to collect 246 all stuffs for the last fight and so far I only got like30. Its nice to see I'm almost at 100% and I pretty much earner majority of the upgrades but geez, I don't know if I could collect all trophies especially going back to Panessa which just gives me the creeps, I tried finding some of them but a lot of them are confusing.

You have some odd opinions lol. You didn't care for scare crow parts in aslyum even though those are like the best parts and you didn't care for joker at the end in this game even though the joker part at the end was very creep and surprising. The riddlers stuff is one of the best thing when it comes to all the Arkham games.

I just didn't like the platformness in Asylum, like I want a beat em up game. As for Joker, they could have focused on another villain for Knight instead of bringing back the literal dead.

I just didn't like the platformness in Asylum, like I want a beat em up game. As for Joker, they could have focused on another villain for Knight instead of bringing back the literal dead.

I agree. I say that as a huge Joker fan, but his presence was totally unnecessary in AK. Its like Rocksteady was afraid to do a Batman game that didn't have Joker front and center.

I thought Scarecrow and Arkham Knight were kinda wasted at the end. And now that I've already finished the main story of Asylum/City, it really made me realize that they should have removed Joker in Knight.

As for the Riddler trophies, they were quite excessive to the point that they were just everywhere. Like they could literally make a separate game just for those and seriously finding them just wasn't fun to me, it felt like something that needed to be done for completion and they should have trimmed it to 100-150.

I have heard some people say that but I think most people love the end part with joker but still think they should have used another villain has like the spotlight in the game. Me I have zero issue with joker in Arkham knight. Really the Arkham trilogy was about the relationship between batman and joker. Now origins I hated joker in that just felt forced but yet ever one loves the story in that one. I dont get that. I love origins over all but the story sucked.

I hated that all 4 games focused on Joker. Asylum is his game, every sequel after that should have put the spotlight on another villain. In City, Hugo Strange was supposed to be the big bad, but takes a backseat for Joker's cure fetch quest. In Knight we have Scarecrow who takes over all of Gotham, but again, the spotlight is put on the literal dead.

Even Origins, which I probably like the most, gave us Joker yet again. I'm seriously sick of seeing the character pop up in Batman games and stealing the spotlight each and every time.

I need a new Batman game pronto.

I would much rather they did a Superman game. With AK it felt like Rocksteady had done everything they wanted to do with Batman and the Gotham they created. There's not many more places they can go in terms of gameplay mechanics and location. Nearly every inch of Gotham has been explored, and they've all but exhausted the gameplay hence the over-reliance on the Batmobile. And as far as narrative goes, AK did have a fairly conclusive ending despite how frustratingly ambiguous it was.

It's time for Rocksteady to broaden their DC repertoire and give Supes the game he deserves. Batman's been covered.

I wish they have released a remastered Origins in Ps4 as well. As its the only one from this Arkham main series that I haven't played.

And yes for a Superman Rocksteady over another Batman game. I want something different for the Superman game, like daytime/nighttime and the streets aren't dirty or filled with criminals yet it is still a Rocksteady open world game. Really interested with what they could do with its characters, as I'm not very knowledgeable about Superman (and DC) characters in general. Then after that I want a RS Wonder Woman game, then The Flash.

The problem with a Superman video game is that developers might focus too much on his Kryptonian heritage and Doomsday to make the game worthy of being challenging, and ignore other side villains that can give Superman a run for his money in a fight, except that they have no historic or significant value attached to his story.

I want a Blue Beetle game, one that gives us both Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes as playable characters, and they do it without killing one of them in the process. Or maybe a Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold game for the fun of it, making it feel like the Spider-Man/Human Torch story (cause that's how this duo function) we never got outside the comics.

I agree. I say that as a huge Joker fan, but his presence was totally unnecessary in AK. Its like Rocksteady was afraid to do a Batman game that didn't have Joker front and center.

There are actually people that refuse to get anything Batman related unless Joker was it in. Shows what kind of "fans" those people are.

It kinda reminds me of the people that claimed they weren't getting Spider-man simply because it didn't have symbiotes.

The problem with a Superman video game is that developers might focus too much on his Kryptonian heritage and Doomsday to make the game worthy of being challenging, and ignore other side villains that can give Superman a run for his money in a fight, except that they have no historic or significant value attached to his story.

I want a Blue Beetle game, one that gives us both Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes as playable characters, and they do it without killing one of them in the process. Or maybe a Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold game for the fun of it, making it feel like the Spider-Man/Human Torch story (cause that's how this duo function) we never got outside the comics.
I think it would be probably feature a lot of saving civilians/human characters with a time limit, making it challenging for the player. Then a lot of using a specific ability (either flying, optic beans, freezing air, X-ray vision), kinda like in arkham game in which you had to use a specific gadget just to figure what to do next. And I can picture Lex Luthor has the head protagonist.

I think it would be probably feature a lot of saving civilians/human characters with a time limit, making it challenging for the player. Then a lot of using a specific ability (either flying, optic beans, freezing air, X-ray vision), kinda like in arkham game in which you had to use a specific gadget just to figure what to do next. And I can picture Lex Luthor has the head protagonist.
While this is thought of in good intention, I can't help but remember Superman on the Nintendo 64. *shivers*

Yeah, but should they?

Batman isn't the friendly neighborhood kind of hero. Spidey swings around the city during any time of the day and he is more of a people's person, even interacting with the citizens. Batman is more secluded, a hero of the shadows, of the night. A hero that is so rarely seen in the open that some people think of him more as a myth than an actual being. He's not coming out of the car to high five anyone or take selfies...so what's the point?

Having a populated city in a Spider-Man game is vital. I don't see how that is important in a Batman game and represents the comics, tv series or movies in any way.

There are actually people that refuse to get anything Batman related unless Joker was it in. Shows what kind of "fans" those people are.

It kinda reminds me of the people that claimed they weren't getting Spider-man simply because it didn't have symbiotes.

Who are these people? SMH.

Yeah, but should they?

Batman isn't the friendly neighborhood kind of hero. Spidey swings around the city during any time of the day and he is more of a people's person, even interacting with the citizens. Batman is more secluded, a hero of the shadows, of the night. A hero that is so rarely seen in the open that some people think of him more as a myth than an actual being. He's not coming out of the car to high five anyone or take selfies...so what's the point?

Having a populated city in a Spider-Man game is vital. I don't see how that is important in a Batman game and represents the comics, tv series or movies in any way.

It would make the game world feel more alive. Swooping down an alley way to protect a citizen from a mugging before zipping off to your next objective is pure BATMAN.

Batman can and has been out during the day. He doesn't ignore a villain because it happens to be daytime. And Batman saving civilians from muggers is a common sight in the comics. Not to mention since he joined the Justice League, he's been a lot more exposed. You'd also think with his personal Bat-signal on the roof of the GCPD, people don't treat him as a myth anymore.

Sure, he works best in the shadows, but you can also make him work in a living, breathing city, with lots of civilians. You could actually have missions that rely on him mingling with civilians, to hide in plain sight. I'd actually love to play some undercover missions as Matches Malone.

latest

It would make the game world feel more alive. Swooping down an alley way to protect a citizen from a mugging before zipping off to your next objective is pure BATMAN.
It really is...because it's an alley. When I think of Batman I also think of alleys and fog coming from culverts. Unless the comics changed drasticaly in the last two decades, we're not used to see Batman doing that in the middle of a populated street.

He can and has done before? Sure, but that is the exception, not the rule. For Spidey, it's everyday. And that's just me, but I didn't feel alone or like the city was empty when playing City and Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"