Batman Beyond

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Am I the only one who would love to see a live action adaptation of Batman Beyond? Maybe a couple years after Nolan finishes up. I could see it making a really cool trilogy.

Have the first movie focus on Terry's origin and use Blight as a villain. I wouldn't change a thing from the opening of the pilot. That would make a killer opening scene (where Wayne has to pull a gun on a thug to defend himself as his heart acts up during a fight and because of that he hangs up the cape and cowl). The first half would essentially be the pilot to the animated series. It will introduce and climax show Terry saving Wayne from the Jokers and learning his secret, stealing the Batsuit, infilitrating Wayne Powers, messing up a deal to sell chemical weapons to a third world warlord and killing Mr.Fixx in the progress (as well as transforming Derek Powers into Blight). From there, we can have the second half focus on Wayne accepting Terry as the new Batman and training him. Climax with a battle between Powers and Terry (obviously it would be a bit more detailed than that :cwink:)

The second movie could focus on the Royal Flush gang. And then end the trilogy with a big screen, live action adaptation of Return of the Joker.

Would anyone else love to see this? What would your cast be?

Terry McGinnis, should probably be an unknown.

I'd actually go with Michael Keaton for Bruce. He can play the darker aspects of the character, audiences know that he has played Batman in the past, size would no longer be an issue as Bruce is old...and he is pretty much around the right age (maybe add 10 years with make up). I know a lot of people will say Clint Eastwood, but lets face it...this guy has not done anything mainstream in years. He is all about Oscar bait and would never accept the project.

As for Blight...hmm, as odd as this sounds...Ted Danson. He is the right age, has the right look, and Damages proved that he can do serious roles.

Tell me he doesn't just scream Blight/Derek Powers.

danson_ted_abc.JPG

powers03.jpg

it's fun to think about, but it would never happen.

Woah. That's actually a good Blight. I've always wanted a live-action version of the cartoon. I hope they do it someday.

No, it wouldn't. But like you said. Its fun to think about. What do you think of Ted Danson for Derek Powers, Abaddon? I was thinking as to who could play Powers...and it hit me and I am like "Brilliant!"

Woah. That's actually a good Blight. I've always wanted a live-action version of the cartoon. I hope they do it someday.

:up: Danson isn't the first name that comes to mind when you think "comic book movie villain" but he's perfect, isn't he?

It's kind of too bad this movie never got made. Boaz Yakin was looking to direct. Timm and Dini were writing it might've been interesting. Get Eastwood in there as the retired Batman and you got something. ****, I think young Eastwood in his movies is like Batman in a lot of ways.

well he has the look, and I guess he could pull it off. I dunno, I always associate Danson with comedies so it's a little hard to imagine. Powers had that smug, arrogant, air about him I can sort of see Danson pulling off though.

I think it'd be best to incorporate some comic elements, like say a reference to Barbara's time as Oracle. Maybe it was during this time that she lost faith in the superheroing. The show never went into much depth about why the other Bat-family members stopped donning tights. Sure there's ROTJ and the effect that had, but looking back it just doesn't sit right with me that they'd just decide it was "kid stuff" and move on.

well he has the look, and I guess he could pull it off. I dunno, I always associate Danson with comedies so it's a little hard to imagine. Powers had that smug, arrogant, air about him I can sort of see Danson pulling off though.

Dude, you have got to watch Damages. Watch it and you will see why Danson is perfect for Powers. You will forget everything you know about Sam Malone.

I think it'd be best to incorporate some comic elements, like say a reference to Barbara's time as Oracle. Maybe it was during this time that she lost faith in the superheroing. The show never went into much depth about why the other Bat-family members stopped donning tights. Sure there's ROTJ and the effect that had, but looking back it just doesn't sit right with me that they'd just decide it was "kid stuff" and move on.

I'm guessing Barbara was never fully honest with Terry as to why she quit. I'm guessing Tim had a big effect on her decision as well as Dick's reaction to what happened to Tim. Remember, Tim and Dick were pretty damn close in the Timm&Dini-verse. I think a full theatrical version of Return of the Joker could really go indepth on that. Also, Stockard Channing for Commissioner Barbara Gordon anyone?

If you have seen Becker, you wouldn't question that Danson can pull that off.

if he was younger, i would have chosen Jonathan Bennett as Terry

If you have seen Becker, you wouldn't question that Danson can pull that off.

lol, his role as Becker almost makes me think he could play Bruce, although seeing Keaton come back as an older Bruce would be cool too (this was mentioned on an older thread).

I love Batman Beyond, some argue is even better than Batman: TAS, it was more consistent from start to finish. It could be done of course, maybe five years from now, 2013? Once Nolan is done with his version, I don't see a reason against it, with the right cast, using the pilot for the movie, etc. it could be a success.

I daydream of a live action batman beyond movie on a daily basis.
My choice would be Hugo Weaving for Derek Powers/Blight.
But anyways... in my Live Action version of Batman, I kind of had an idea where in the 2nd movie, Bruce would become Batman again but in the form of a transforming tumbler mech. Then the 'mech' would get destroyed only to reveal Bruce donning a newly developed retro-looking batsuit with cape and all to save Terry in the third act.

I wrote a little trilogy on paper and I thought it was cool. It would tell the story of father and son that would unfold throughout the 3 movies. How Terry finds out who his biological father is and the person behind it all. I got the idea from 'Epilogue' but instead of Amanda Waller I replaced the character with Selina Kyle.

I never really felt that blight was that big a deal....

they should have kept him on for longer...Although saying this, as the second film, i'd much rather have it have elements of the mr freeze return than the royal flush gang, that episode was ****ing awesome and also dealt with the first showing of blight.

infact, that could all go in the first film because it takes a batman villain.

batman could use mr freeze coming out as a way to want to get back out there but can't while terry wants the suit for himself to take out powers and they cross paths.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT IT SHOULD END IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY AS REBIRTH DID WITH BATS COMING TO TERRY'S HOUSE AND HAVING A CHAT WITH HIM ANS SAYING...

24.jpg

Very good Mr mcguiness, welcome to my world...

25.jpg

26.jpg

As for biological elements, they should imply that they made terry his son but it should actually be his lil brother matt

07.jpg

last film ends with the death of batman and terry left with the legacy of going from the student to the master and taking on the responsibility to train the new batman of the future.

If they do a movie`...leave out the entire Bruce is really Terry's father subplot. That felt so forced.

Suit should also not be a strength enhancer

and there should definitely be like a dissapering INQUE cameo part where bruce comes in with some old tech armour.

Suit should also not be a strength enhancer

and there should definitely be like a dissapering INQUE cameo part where bruce comes in with some old tech armour.

Yes to both. The first one Im actually pretty neutral on. I dont think his strength was over exaggerrated to crazy degree.

I'd really like to see a Batman Beyond movie. and I liked the idea.
about the strength enhancer, I think it wasn't a big deal. sounds right, since Bats fight so many tough villains.

Yes to both. The first one Im actually pretty neutral on. I dont think his strength was over exaggerrated to crazy degree.
It never really did terry any favours in the eyes of the fans because bruce managed to do it in his hayday without the tech...

saying that, bruce never attempted anything this crazy while he was young although some may say that dick and tim (and babara) and babara all did so....

I don't mind the other bits of technology but the strength always bothered me. Infact i reckon that's why they specifically made an ep where terry had to combat and take on his suit to show he had some skills.

I have alwyas thought Batman Beyond would make a fantastic film. The characters are great. the sets could be great and i think the dark color schemes of the series would translate well to the big screen. I agree with stockard channig being Barbara, she aced that role. i would have never even thought od Ted Danson as Powers but i think it would def work. Good call on that Matt

I never really felt that blight was that big a deal....

they should have kept him on for longer...Although saying this, as the second film, i'd much rather have it have elements of the mr freeze return than the royal flush gang, that episode was ****ing awesome and also dealt with the first showing of blight.

"There may be some momentary discomfort"

The episode really encompassed what the show was about.:up:

If they do a movie`...leave out the entire Bruce is really Terry's father subplot. That felt so forced.

Yes, please. Completely unnecessary.:down

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"