Batman Beyond

Than he'd be just like Bruce. That'd be boring and pointless.

Dekker as Terry=:up:
I thought of him for robin but he can be terry
Thomas Dekker as Terry (Sorry cant think of anyone else atm)

terryisthenewalteregoofbatman.jpg
Thomasdekker.JPG

James woods as Blight
blight.jpg
tn2_james_woods_3.jpg

BB could be a great film but i dont think the mcginnis character is that special personally. he seems more a cockey guy who stumbleed into being the new batman then the emotional scarring as a child, years of physical and mental training then rebirth as batman seen in B89-BB.

That's what was great about Terry. He wasn't a Bruce clone, he was his own person.

BB could be a great film but i dont think the mcginnis character is that special personally. he seems more a cockey guy who stumbleed into being the new batman then the emotional scarring as a child, years of physical and mental training then rebirth as batman seen in B89-BB.

If you watch the season finally of JLU that features Batman Beyond, you'll see it wasn't random at all. There is a bit of fate sort of thing in there. Generational, father to son type thing. Trying to step out of someones shadow and be your own person.
That would totaly work for the movie.

That made me wonder though, How do you see the movie going?
Would it take place During the Batman Beyond Series?
Would it take place after the JLU final where Terry is older and has a life of his own?
Would it take place inbetween the two? Show how he went from a 17 year old Batman to being a 25 (or so) year old Batman?

I also, don't know if I mentioned this already, but I see the voice actor who played Terry on the show, Will Fridell (spelling?) being a good or even a great Terry. And his mother could be played by Terry Garr (spelling?) the voice from the show as well.
Too bad Kevin Conroy isn't buldy enough to play Bruce, his voice is perfect for Bruce.

Why would a live-action movie be in the same continuity as the show?

Yup Dekker is Terry. I think i might make a manip with him as Terry

And Jason Isaacs would kill as Blight
derek_powers.gif
242581~Jason-Isaacs-Posters.jpg

07.jpg

I mentioned him for Nightwing, but Kevin Zegers might make a good Terry.
zegersfc9.jpg

and Michael Ironside for Bruce. :woot:
ironsidejv1.jpg

Michael Ironside is not Bruce. He's more of a Darkseid. He's definitely still great voice for Darkseid if they decided to use it for the Justice League movie.

Eastwood looks exactly like Beyonds bruce, its uncanny!

If they ever make a Batman Beyond movie, then they DEFINITELY need to make a ROTJ movie. That was my favorite animated Batfilm next to MOTP, heck I'm still not sure which one I liked more.

A darker live action version of ROTJ would be awesome.

one problem folks, how the hell would you do the mask????

I've always liked Kevin Zegers for Terry, James Woods for Blight, and Michael Keaton for Bruce for a live adaptation.
I'll make the rest of the cast when I'm more awake.

As for how to do the mask, something along the mix of movie Spidey mask with the movie Batman masks.

Will work on manip later.

Hey guys, I was thinking of the episode of Batman Beyond when Terry was teaming with the Justice League and I came up with a cast of the JLU members. I know it's probably going to sound off-topic, but here's my cast;

JLU BEYOND CAST:

Superman-Christopher Reeve (if not then Chris Noth)
Big Barda-Monica Belucci
Micron-Jeff Judge (Christopher Judge's brother)
GL/Kai-Ro-Alex Bao
Aquagirl-Emmy Rossum
Warhawk-Gerald Butler

im working on a BB manip so ill post that when im done

im working on a BB manip so ill post that when im done

That's cool. I'm working on a BB manip too and I probably might post on deviantART and here too. Good luck with yours though. I bet it's probably going to look really cool.

i hope so lol. H e wont have the mask on though

The only problem with BB is the lack of great villains the only ones who left an impressio where Curare, Blight and one other, the guy who was an african hunter i forgot his name.

i think if done properly Inque could be used as well...i always liked her character

The only problem with BB is the lack of great villains the only ones who left an impressio where Curare, Blight and one other, the guy who was an african hunter i forgot his name.
I liked mad stand and the royal flush gang too.

don't forget inque, she probably had some of the best episodes....

taskmaster was pretty cool but i hated his eps

and don't forget shriek, he was badass...

He definitely had a decent rogue's gallery.

Am I the only one who would love to see a live action adaptation of Batman Beyond? Maybe a couple years after Nolan finishes up. I could see it making a really cool trilogy.

Have the first movie focus on Terry's origin and use Blight as a villain. I wouldn't change a thing from the opening of the pilot. That would make a killer opening scene (where Wayne has to pull a gun on a thug to defend himself as his heart acts up during a fight and because of that he hangs up the cape and cowl). The first half would essentially be the pilot to the animated series. It will introduce and climax show Terry saving Wayne from the Jokers and learning his secret, stealing the Batsuit, infilitrating Wayne Powers, messing up a deal to sell chemical weapons to a third world warlord and killing Mr.Fixx in the progress (as well as transforming Derek Powers into Blight). From there, we can have the second half focus on Wayne accepting Terry as the new Batman and training him. Climax with a battle between Powers and Terry (obviously it would be a bit more detailed than that :cwink:)

The second movie could focus on the Royal Flush gang. And then end the trilogy with a big screen, live action adaptation of Return of the Joker.

Would anyone else love to see this? What would your cast be?

Terry McGinnis, should probably be an unknown.

I'd actually go with Michael Keaton for Bruce. He can play the darker aspects of the character, audiences know that he has played Batman in the past, size would no longer be an issue as Bruce is old...and he is pretty much around the right age (maybe add 10 years with make up). I know a lot of people will say Clint Eastwood, but lets face it...this guy has not done anything mainstream in years. He is all about Oscar bait and would never accept the project.

As for Blight...hmm, as odd as this sounds...Ted Danson. He is the right age, has the right look, and Damages proved that he can do serious roles.

Tell me he doesn't just scream Blight/Derek Powers.

danson_ted_abc.JPG

powers03.jpg

I absolutely loved this cartoon and feel it would make a fantastic movie, i hope they do it sometime in the future as i have always felt it has a lot of potential to appeal to both older and younger film-goers, not to mention it could be a great new twist on the batman mythos for casual fans.

If they do a movie`...leave out the entire Bruce is really Terry's father subplot. That felt so forced.

:wow: Mustnt have made it to that episode, but yeah, that sounds REALLY poor.

As for Blight...hmm, as odd as this sounds...Ted Danson. He is the right age, has the right look, and Damages proved that he can do serious roles.

Tell me he doesn't just scream Blight/Derek Powers.

danson_ted_abc.JPG

powers03.jpg

Bruce Davison would be another interesting choice
davison_sd185942.jpg

I absolutely loved this cartoon and feel it would make a fantastic movie, i hope they do it sometime in the future as i have always felt it has a lot of potential to appeal to both older and younger film-goers, not to mention it could be a great new twist on the batman mythos for casual fans.

:wow: Mustnt have made it to that episode, but yeah, that sounds REALLY poor.

Hey, I loved that plotline, it makes great sense, and also, there's no way that Matt McGuiness could be Terry's dad, he's such a milquetoast of a man to begin with. It's too bad Bruce couldn't get married to either Selina or Babs, but this guy didn't want a ball and chain, and so that's how he lived his life.

Having a kid this way makes a lot of sense, don't you think?

hers my choice for Ten

Amber Heard
NeverBackDown-Promos_001.jpg
17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1